Darkness and Stress-- First Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Novella

Darkness and Stress-- First Lucid Dream?

Postby Novella » 21 Feb 2018 02:36

Hello!

So I am very new to this, as in less than a week. I had a very odd experience last night, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I had woken up about 6 hours after going to bed and was trying to use the MILD method. As I was laying there repeating my mantra, I heard a disembodied voice commanding me to stay absolutely still. I did and I think I fell asleep.

Some time later, I became aware of the fact I was asleep. I kept repeating to myself "I'm dreaming." Each time I thought it, I felt a powerful tingling sensation all over my body like pins and needles. I think I was lucid, but everything was black. The only thing I experienced for awhile was the tingling feeling.

Eventually, I managed to conjure up a dream scape (though it didn't last long.) Most things I have read about your first lucid dream describe it as euphoric and liberating, but I didn't feel that way. I felt stressed and a little panicked. In my short lived lucid dream (if that's what it was) I was a video game character and quickly died for no apparent reason, getting a jumbled dream-text "Game Over" screen.

What do you guys make of this? Do you think this was actually a lucid dream? What do you think the blackness was before I was able to conjure a dream scape?

jasmine2

Re: Darkness and Stress-- First Lucid Dream?

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Feb 2018 03:55

Novella,
Here are some good resources regarding lucid and non-lucid dreams.

- Here at world-of-lucid-dreaming.com - On Home page - click on - "Articles"

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner

- Website - Dream Studies Portal - dreamstudies.org

- Website - Jeremy Taylor/ Dreamwork: Articles About Dreaming - jeremytaylor.com
Sadly, Jeremy Taylor died last month. Over many decades, he provided insightful guidance for working with dreams through his books, dreamwork groups, seminars, and website.

Website - Lucid Dreaming Experience Magazine/ Past issues - dreaminglucid.com

Return to “For Beginners”