How to keep my dream from working against me

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
someblackdude

How to keep my dream from working against me

Postby someblackdude » 06 Mar 2018 14:38

I’ve recently been dealing with false awakenings, where you think you wake up but you’re really just laying in bed still, and I’ve conquered this to a point. I can remain calm and not be scared and stressful because I’m well aware that my alarm will wake me up before I need to go somewhere. But the problem is I’m still trapped in my room. When I try to get out of bed I can’t move effectively, eventually after I kept trying to get out of bed my dream made a “force field” and it blocked me from moving past a few inches of where I am.

It was very boring and I kept on thinking “this is my dream and it will yield to me” but that only allowed me to FIGHT my dream. I was able to overpower these forces keeping me from moving but I could still barely move.

I could neither choose to wake up and start getting ready for the day, nor could I savor my lucidity and do something cool like fighting a monster. I just had to fight for the ability to walk. Any of you guys have this problem? And how did you solve it

Sean Jacobs

Re: How to keep my dream from working against me

Postby Sean Jacobs » 07 Mar 2018 16:49

Hi someblackdude. I can understand your frustration. Here is my advice:

To deal with false awakenings: Make it a habit to always do a double reality check whenever you wake up. I like to do it twice because the first one has a tendency to fail. Then I do the second one with more "force of will", being absolutely sure I am dreaming and the check will succeed.
To deal with poor dream control: Your dream isn't working against you. You are working against you without realizing it. Your conscious mind is being held back from taking control because you have some doubt that you have the capability to control every aspect of your dream. The key is to be 100% confident that you have complete control of your dream world. You are a god in your dream world. Try saying out loud, in a strong voice, "THIS IS MY DREAM AND I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT!!" Then take an action with complete confidence that you will succeed. Dreams are build on your expectations. Get rid of doubt and take control.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “For Beginners”