How do you all stay motivated?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RedKryptonite

Re: How do you all stay motivated?

Postby RedKryptonite » 02 May 2018 12:34

Its possible that you're using inefficient methods. If you'd like,I can give you a free copy of Daniel Love's "Are you dreaming" book. his material is excellent. Rebecca Turner(owner of this site)has even reviewed it(though I can't find the specific page at the moment,but its listed as one of her recommended resources here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/resources.html )

Just PM me your email address and I'll send it to ya.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 02 May 2018 23:05

Beginningdream wrote:

Cool. I think it will end up working for you. Somewhere down the line at least. I usually lost interest after a while of not really knowing what I was doing. It sounds like you have a good sense of how LDing works and its only a matter of time if you keep up the practices.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 03:47

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:

Cool. I think it will end up working for you. Somewhere down the line at least. I usually lost interest after a while of not really knowing what I was doing. It sounds like you have a good sense of how LDing works and its only a matter of time if you keep up the practices.

If only I could tell you how much I hope you’re correct about that ;) :lol:

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 03 May 2018 21:43

Beginningdream wrote:If only I could tell you how much I hope you’re correct about that ;) :lol:

What did you do today for LD stuff?
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 22:10

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:If only I could tell you how much I hope you’re correct about that ;) :lol:

What do you mean?

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 03 May 2018 22:33

Beginningdream wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:

What do you mean?

Oh well just making conversation like did you dream journal etc.

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 03 May 2018 22:41

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:

What do you mean?

Well let’s see I remembered 4 dreams one (my lucid) very vividly the rest as well but much shorter and fragmented still roughly 2-3 paragraphs though. I’ve been doing probably today at least 30 reality check cause last night has been on my mind constantly. Paired with that is like wow these numbers are insane but let’s see 900 affirmations. Wow that is insane but after every reality check I cycle through three affirmations 10 time so it goes like this:

Am I dreaming x1
Reality check
Am I dreaming x10
Tonight I will remember my dreams x10
Tonigh I will do reality checks in my dreams x10

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 04 May 2018 22:27

Beginningdream wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:What do you mean?

Well let’s see I remembered 4 dreams one (my lucid) very vividly the rest as well but much shorter and fragmented still roughly 2-3 paragraphs though. I’ve been doing probably today at least 30 reality check cause last night has been on my mind constantly. Paired with that is like wow these numbers are insane but let’s see 900 affirmations. Wow that is insane but after every reality check I cycle through three affirmations 10 time so it goes like this:

Am I dreaming x1
Reality check
Am I dreaming x10
Tonight I will remember my dreams x10
Tonigh I will do reality checks in my dreams x10

That sounds great!

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 17 May 2018 19:02

Great question.

Staying consistently motivated is extremely difficult for me. Often it seems like a tremendous amount of work for very little return. I started pursuing lucid dreaming way back in 2004. The most LDs I've ever had in 1 year is 18 (in 2005 & 20017) which is a pathetic 1.5 LDs per month. I have had many years where I quit and had no, or very few, LDs (I went for all of 2008 & 2009 without a single LD - but I wasn't trying). In the past, when working hard to have LDs I gave up a lot of sleep.

Yet..... Lucid dreaming is AMAZING! Some of the most incredible experiences I've had in my life have taken place in lucid dreams. You can make wishes come true in LDs. Lucid dreaming is the ultimate virtual reality. I can fly in my lucid dreams. I have had some incredible sexual experiences just from kissing in lucid dreams. When I wake up from a good LD I feel great for the next day or 2, like I went on my own amazing personal vacation. That is where the motivation comes from for me. If I can get into the magical world of a lucid dream I am a god.

That's what keeps me coming back over the last 14 years.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 19 May 2018 14:33

Sean Jacobs wrote: The most LDs I've ever had in 1 year is 18 (in 2005 & 20017) which is a pathetic 1.5 LDs per month.

18 LDs in a year doesn't sound pathetic at all. Just wanted to state that. :D

Having actual lucid dreams is probably the most motivating things over all.
However, I'm convinced that even without LDs for a longer time it's possible to stay motivated by giving every procedure, technique or whatever an alternative importance.
For instance:
- Dream Journal: to explore the unconscious mind etc., inspiration, entertainment.
- Reality Checks/Awareness/Mindfulness: to turn off the autopilot and live the moment, to be more aware of yourself and your surroundings
- meditation: relaxation and stress reduction
- physicial exercise: for health and general well-being

Most importantly - all of those things should be fun. And if they aren't I guess it's a good idea to overthink how to make it be fun again.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “For Beginners”