Curious about Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Arabella_mc

Curious about Lucid Dreaming

Postby Arabella_mc » 23 May 2018 13:44

Hey there, lucid dreaming has always been a thing that's always sort of interested me. The idea of being able to control my dreams seems like an incredibly interesting experience to me. I was wondering what people's personal suggestions are to start lucid dreaming, sometimes in dreams (a lot more in nightmares), I can be aware that I am dreaming but I can't ever really change anything? Anywho, I've just been thinking about lucid dreaming since I had a dream two nights ago and I was able to wake myself up somehow and I was curious if it was possible to do more in my dreams. Thanks!

Sean Jacobs

Re: Curious about Lucid Dreaming

Postby Sean Jacobs » 23 May 2018 14:23

Hello Arabella_mc.

Welcome to Lucid Dreaming. :-)

You have a good starting place if you are aware in some of your dreams. That can be very helpful.

As for suggestions:
1. Read as much as possible on this website. The more you learn the more able you will be to find techniques that will work for you.
2. Try not to get frustrated. Lucid dreaming isn't easy for the majority of people. Most people quick fairly quickly due to lack of results.
3. Start keeping a dream journal. When you wake up try to remember your dreams and jot down some notes about those dreams. This can be very helpful and it the typical starting point for lucid dreaming.
4. Experiment with different techniques. Different people have greater success with different techniques. Try some of them and see if they work (but remember #2 listed above).

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “For Beginners”