Dream recall help.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Beginningdream

Dream recall help.

Postby Beginningdream » 24 May 2018 11:49

So I like to tell myself my recall is pretty alright but it’s not. It’s actually pretty shaky Some days I remember 3-4 dream per night for a week straight and lately I’ve been remembering but I’ve encountered a new problem I can’t quite get passed.

So basically what happens is I wake up and I’ll remember one word, I’ll remember a feeling, a sound something. Just a fragment of the dream and I can feel that I have the whole dream there but I can’t get past that feeling like for some reason yesterday there was one word that I remembered which was luego and I tried everything going back to the same position trying to trace back the feeling saying/thinking random things and none of it works. If I could get passed this I would be remembering a dream every night.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Sean Jacobs

Re: Dream recall help.

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 May 2018 21:31

Hello Beginningdream.

Dream recall can be difficult and often take practice and determination. I can give you some advice:

First, when you lay down at night to go to sleep repeat, in your mind, that you will wake up after each dream and you will remember the dream. You have to say this will determination. You must really mean it. Second, when you wake up try to keep your eyes closed and focus on the last thing you remember from your dream. Then try to remember backward. What was I doing before the thing I remembered. Keep doing this for as far back in the dream as you can remember. Next, when you have remembered as much as you can jot down some notes, key words, that will trigger you to remember the dream. Last, a dream journal next to your bed so you can record notes help.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 28 May 2018 16:58

Beginningdream wrote:So I like to tell myself my recall is pretty alright but it’s not. It’s actually pretty shaky Some days I remember 3-4 dream per night for a week straight and lately I’ve been remembering but I’ve encountered a new problem I can’t quite get passed.

So basically what happens is I wake up and I’ll remember one word, I’ll remember a feeling, a sound something. Just a fragment of the dream and I can feel that I have the whole dream there but I can’t get past that feeling like for some reason yesterday there was one word that I remembered which was luego and I tried everything going back to the same position trying to trace back the feeling saying/thinking random things and none of it works. If I could get passed this I would be remembering a dream every night.

Hi beginningdream. I still have this alot even while recalling a couple thousand words a night. There is always another dream detail I can't quite reach but I can feel it's there. I call it OTTOTT (on the tip of the tongue) in my dream journal. I'll just write "I've got another detail OTTOTT" and anything I can think of about it. IDK how to fully extract them. I've been looking for a way for years! BUt let's say if I journaled evry single dream detail it would be 10,000 words. But I only remember 5,000 words so I'm at 50%. Well I used to only get like 1,000 words or 500. So I was at 5-10%. So over time my total % increased.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Beginningdream

Postby Beginningdream » 28 May 2018 19:01

LDer Charles wrote:
Beginningdream wrote:So I like to tell myself my recall is pretty alright but it’s not. It’s actually pretty shaky Some days I remember 3-4 dream per night for a week straight and lately I’ve been remembering but I’ve encountered a new problem I can’t quite get passed.

Hi beginningdream. I still have this alot even while recalling a couple thousand words a night. There is always another dream detail I can't quite reach but I can feel it's there. I call it OTTOTT (on the tip of the tongue) in my dream journal. I'll just write "I've got another detail OTTOTT" and anything I can think of about it. IDK how to fully extract them. I've been looking for a way for years! BUt let's say if I journaled evry single dream detail it would be 10,000 words. But I only remember 5,000 words so I'm at 50%. Well I used to only get like 1,000 words or 500. So I was at 5-10%. So over time my total % increased.

Well at least i have something to put in my journal- OTTOTT

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 28 May 2018 21:45

Beginningdream wrote:Well at least i have something to put in my journal- OTTOTT

Haha yep. OTTOTT. Also I just reviewed a dream from this past February where I had a major "OTTOTT" dream detail. When I think of how that felt it kinda affects me some how. Like I remember how I really wished I could recover that detail. So maybe in a few months you'll review your dreams and have the same feeling. But it will help you keep getting better at dream recall through activating the feeling. (Maybe)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Yume_13

Postby Yume_13 » 07 Jun 2018 09:18

Hello there!

I have the same problem recently, so I hope it's ok to answer here. I don't really have tips myself and I am really clueless of how to "fix" this problem? I had a week of many dreams each night and suddenly the week later all dreams were "gone" and I was so frustrated and stressed...

I even started a new dream journal because I had used my old one at my family's place (I had a really hard tiem there and started my new life now in my own appartment quite far from my family). So I thought a restart would help but it didn't

I do audio-guided meditation during the day or during the night (before sleep) and I practice mindfulness, taking care of how things feel, smell etc etc....I know that setting an intention is very important and that's what I do, but still nothing comes to my mind when I wake up. I tried different alarms, I try to lay still, but as soon as I hear my alarm or just wake up by myself, my mind feels blank?
I don't know if that's similar to you. Sometimes I can also recall a word or feeling, but I can't get any further and I think stressing myself is not helpful at all, but I feel like I am blocking myself? And I don't know how to get passed this barricade.

Also, I noticed that I fall asleep VERY fast. A few weeks ago I could still go in the "hypnogogic" state when your body is paralized and all, but lately, my body just shuts down after only a few minutes or so and I can't even repeat my intention....

I really hope that the recall will come back and I thought about "not caring" about lucid dreaming or dream recall for a bit to let my mind calm down but on the other hand...I don't want to let go of this topic and don't want to loose the progress let's say...
maybe you can relate ?

LDexpert

Postby LDexpert » 10 Jun 2018 23:32

Hi guys!

The best thing to help with dream recall is creating a dream journal. I have actually created a super powerful method for lucid dreaming. If you want to check it out its on my blog. Here is the link https://investinsuccessblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/the-ultimate-lucid-dream-method/

After doing this I had lucid dreams my first week of trying. I know it will work for you too! Please leave me a message I really want to know if it helped you.

LDexpert

Return to “For Beginners”