Reality Attitude vs Reality Check

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Doom Mammal

Reality Attitude vs Reality Check

Postby Doom Mammal » 26 May 2018 06:00

I practice my WBTB's with minimal success. Typically I have this "okay, I'm tired of waiting" attitude and I slip instantaneously, but that's not my question. Counting fingers have done nothing for me despite nun-esque religiousness. I will note that a few weeks ago, I drew a small brain on the outside of my palm as a reminder of mindfulness (and lucid dreaming. Same difference right?) and that night I finally had another DILD (you can read on the bottom if you want*).

But my question is this: has anyone attempted an attitude or lifestyle of mindfulness and found an impact on lucid dreaming? In my small experience, reality checks have been a good reminder about lucid dreaming but has yet facilitated one. I'd like to hear other's thoughts or experiences.

*I was trying to help this lizard man find his lost love and I had to make a really large jump and my thought was there's no way in hell I'd attempt this in waking life, so I must be dreaming! I jumped to the loving embrace of painless dream earth. I honestly took a moment to grab a clump and just enjoyed the sensations of the grass and soil in my hands (I hope I'm not the only one who gets hyped on the realness of dreams). I quickly got up and eagerly started running to find my lizard friend. I had to ask him all that I could and just have a lucid conversation, idk. But, as I was running along the beautiful fences covered in white and pink blossoms and vines, I lost the dream state and not 30 seconds later did my alarm go off... pity. I should know better than to run lucid as a beginner.

LDer Charles

Re: Reality Attitude vs Reality Check

Postby LDer Charles » 28 May 2018 16:43

Hi Doom Mammal! Good LD and nice way of becoming lucid in it. That's why I'm glad I don't use alarm clocks :D

What you're referring to is sometimes called a "lucid mindset" and also "all day awareness" might be part of it. lucid mindset is like being aware of your surroundings and checking if you're dreaming when you think you might be. I am trying to create an anchor of doing RC every time I go pee. Since I dream about toilets often enough it might be helpful. I have a toilet dream like a few times a week I think.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”