I realize I'm dreaming, but don't become lucid.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jexpler

I realize I'm dreaming, but don't become lucid.

Postby Jexpler » 26 Jul 2018 07:48

I've realized a few time recently that I'm dreaming. But for some reason, I don't become lucid and the dream continues. I except I'll realize I'm dreaming again soon, how can I go lucid this time?
"I won't leave you! Not this time."
-Ashoka Tano (Ashoka vs. Vader)

LucidCat

Re: I realize I'm dreaming, but don't become lucid.

Postby LucidCat » 26 Jul 2018 09:29

Just for clarity: By "not becoming lucid" you mean that you immediately forgot the fact that you're dreaming?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Jexpler

Postby Jexpler » 26 Jul 2018 15:30

I realize I'm dreaming, but the dream continues on like it never happened.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 26 Jul 2018 17:47

If you know you are dreaming you are lucid regardless of what happens. All lucid means is that you know you are dreaming, period. Though you should be able to make different choices knowing that you are dreaming than what you would have if you did not know. Which in turn would cause the dream to be different as a result.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Jexpler

Postby Jexpler » 31 Jul 2018 20:56

You sure? I feel like I go "Unlucid" How would I make it so that I have more control, and was consciously aware that I was dreaming?

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 01 Aug 2018 16:55

Jexpler wrote:You sure? I feel like I go "Unlucid" How would I make it so that I have more control, and was consciously aware that I was dreaming?

If you are going "unlucid" as you say it's because you are forgetting that you are dreaming. That can happen and can be overcome. I've had that problem before and what has worked best for me is to keep repeating to myself. "This is a deam." So I don't forget. Even saying it outloud or shouting it at the top of my lungs which is great fun to do. Shouting as loudly and powerfully as you can. "This is a dream!" Try it. :)

As far as level of control it's just practice. What kinds of things are you trying to take control of? I recommend practicing with both flying and telekinesis to begin with. Telekinesis can be used for many many purposes in dreams including things like controlling the actions of dream characters and flying. I've often used telekinesis on dream characters to manipulate them like puppets.

In the early days of my lucid dreaming practices I was getting good with telekinesis but was still stugggling with flying sometimes. Until one day I was sitting there thinking about it and the realization hit me that I should be able to use telekinesis on myself to move myself through the air the same way that I use my mind to move other objects through the air. So the next time I was lucid I tried it and it worked perfectly. After I figured that out I had complete control of my flying. But after a while flying became so natural that I didn't have to think about how I was doing it anymore. Much like walkingg or talking in waking life. You don't have to think about how you do it you just do it.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”