Any devices that you could recommend for Lucid Dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HakaishinChampa

Any devices that you could recommend for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby HakaishinChampa » 29 Jul 2018 03:49

Besides facemasks?

It's been awhile since I've tried to induce lucid dreaming because I kept failing over and over which I don't know why, I have done my Dream Journals for 2/3 Years now but still doesn't work and I've tried all the ILD's and none of them had worked and on top of that I have done Reality Checks which I still do them and occasionally I try a ILD but they don't work.

Whenever I get a Lucid Dream it usually happens when I'm not even trying, two weeks ago I become Lucid for a minute and I just walked around an old park I haven't been to in years.

I heard something about a wristband that vibrates while you're asleep but I heard about multiple ones and I was wondering which one would be best. Some people said that the Mi Band 3 works good, can anyone confirm this?
0.2 Lucid Dreams

Solaris_142

Re: Any devices that you could recommend for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Solaris_142 » 30 Jul 2018 18:28

HakaishinChampa wrote:Besides facemasks?

It's been awhile since I've tried to induce lucid dreaming because I kept failing over and over which I don't know why, I have done my Dream Journals for 2/3 Years now but still doesn't work and I've tried all the ILD's and none of them had worked and on top of that I have done Reality Checks which I still do them and occasionally I try a ILD but they don't work.

Whenever I get a Lucid Dream it usually happens when I'm not even trying, two weeks ago I become Lucid for a minute and I just walked around an old park I haven't been to in years.

I heard something about a wristband that vibrates while you're asleep but I heard about multiple ones and I was wondering which one would be best. Some people said that the Mi Band 3 works good, can anyone confirm this?

Well sounds like the effort you put in did work since you got lucid. :) Just because it didn't happen the moment you wanted it to doesn't mean it didn't work. Lucidity often occurrs after a person takes a break from the effort. You just have to keep at it. And have patience. Sometimes it just takes a while for it to start working it's way into your dreaming thoughts. Key ingredients for inducing lucidity is persistence and patience. The more persistent you are the more frequent they become. The more frequent they become the easier it starts to become to recognize. It takes time and effort but it does gradually become easier when you are determined enough. And it's well worth the effort. At least I think so.

Interesting idea with the vibrating wrist band. Wouldn't hurt to try it. I've never actually tried any devices other than using my watch as an RC. And my watch is on my wrist in my deams too. I once experimented with setting the alarm on my watch to go off every so often and doing an RC when the alarm went off. My hope was that I would eventually have a dream in which my alarm went off and I would remembered to RC when I heard it. I wasn't setting the alarm when I slept I just hoped I would dream of it giong off, not actually having it go off in my sleep if you know what I mean. I did have some small success with that but not enough to make it worth going through so many watch batteries lol. So I stopped doing that.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

HakaishinChampa

Postby HakaishinChampa » 31 Jul 2018 02:47

Solaris_142 wrote:
HakaishinChampa wrote:Besides facemasks?

Well sounds like the effort you put in did work since you got lucid. :) Just because it didn't happen the moment you wanted it to doesn't mean it didn't work. Lucidity often occurrs after a person takes a break from the effort. You just have to keep at it. And have patience. Sometimes it just takes a while for it to start working it's way into your dreaming thoughts. Key ingredients for inducing lucidity is persistence and patience. The more persistent you are the more frequent they become. The more frequent they become the easier it starts to become to recognize. It takes time and effort but it does gradually become easier when you are determined enough. And it's well worth the effort. At least I think so.

Interesting idea with the vibrating wrist band. Wouldn't hurt to try it. I've never actually tried any devices other than using my watch as an RC. And my watch is on my wrist in my deams too. I once experimented with setting the alarm on my watch to go off every so often and doing an RC when the alarm went off. My hope was that I would eventually have a dream in which my alarm went off and I would remembered to RC when I heard it. I wasn't setting the alarm when I slept I just hoped I would dream of it giong off, not actually having it go off in my sleep if you know what I mean. I did have some small success with that but not enough to make it worth going through so many watch batteries lol. So I stopped doing that.

Yeah alarm methods are kinda annoying and too troublesome to go through, imo.
0.2 Lucid Dreams

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 31 Jul 2018 16:14

HakaishinChampa wrote:Yeah alarm methods are kinda annoying and too troublesome to go through, imo.

Agreed. Well the alarm itself didn't bother me. But it got annoynig having to replace the battery too often.

My other use for my watch is I will use it as an awareness meditation measurement. (Thought control measurement.) It will aid me in keeping my thoughts focused. I will use it to stay aware of how long I can keep my thoughts from wandering. And try to go longer and longer. How many seconds or minutes can I hold a single thought or image in my mind. Or no thought at all. How long can I keep my thoughts focused on the task of staying aware of if I'm in a dream or not. I think a digital watch is a great dreaming and meditation tool. And so fun to use as an RC in dreams because of the weird things the digital numbers will do in a dream when you look away and look back at them.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”