I had a dream where I was either lucid or was dreaming about being lucid how can I know the difference

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Big the big d

I had a dream where I was either lucid or was dreaming about being lucid how can I know the difference

Postby Big the big d » 03 Aug 2018 22:00

I want to know if this was my first lucid dream or if it was just a dream where I was having a lucid dream

iby1337

Re: I had a dream where I was either lucid or was dreaming about being lucid how can I know the difference

Postby iby1337 » 03 Aug 2018 22:09

It sounds like you was dreaming about being lucid the difference is that in a lucid dream you would most of the time feel like your present there just like you feel your present in waking life or very similar and you would have some if not all of your 5 senses intact .

Solaris_142

Re: I had a dream where I was either lucid or was dreaming about being lucid how can I know the difference

Postby Solaris_142 » 04 Aug 2018 13:11

I've read people talking about this often over the years on forums. I still don't understand what it means. lol. :) Did you know that you were dreaming or didn't you? If you knew it was a dream then you were lucid. It's true that sometimes you can be more aware of it than other times. But if you are in a dream and know you are in a dream then you are lucid.

I often have dreams about lucid dreaming and not knowing it's a dream. Sometimes these dreams can turn into lucid dreams. For instance more than once I have had dreams where I was talking to someone about lucid dreaming and I start talking about reality checks and then try to demonstrate how to do a reality check. And when I show them how to do the RC to my very pleasant surprise the reality check tells me that it is in fact a dream at that moment lol.

That is the only part of the movie Inception that I liked. Where they are sitting outside the shop talking about dreaming and Leonardo explains to the woman they are dreaming right then. I loved that because I've been in that situation so many times in dreams. The rest of the movie I thought was pretty stupid though. Right from the start they are running around in a dream having gun fights and trying to duck from bullets. And Leonardo uses a rope to climb down the side of building lol. These guys are supposed to be pro dreamers lol. They use guns, afraid of bullets, need ropes to climb. Heck I remember them even driving around in a car to pick each other up lol! Stupid.

Okay off on a rant sorry. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Big the big d

Postby Big the big d » 05 Aug 2018 00:40

iby1337 wrote:It sounds like you was dreaming about being lucid the difference is that in a lucid dream you would most of the time feel like your present there just like you feel your present in waking life or very similar and you would have some if not all of your 5 senses intact .

Thanks

Return to “For Beginners”