Lucid dream vs Real Life

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Insignia

Lucid dream vs Real Life

Postby Insignia » 08 Aug 2018 05:31

What’s the difference between a lucid dream and real life? Other than the fact that a dream is a dream and real life is real life. Say for example, you’ve never ridden a dirt bike in real life but you go to do it in a lucid dream. How does your brain mimic this? Does it feel real? I’ve had 2 lucid dreams ever about 4 years ago. Don’t really remember how real they felt but it was definitely different then dream recal where your not really there. Thanks! :D

Solaris_142

Re: Lucid dream vs Real Life

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Aug 2018 06:20

Insignia wrote:What’s the difference between a lucid dream and real life? Other than the fact that a dream is a dream and real life is real life. Say for example, you’ve never ridden a dirt bike in real life but you go to do it in a lucid dream. How does your brain mimic this? Does it feel real? I’ve had 2 lucid dreams ever about 4 years ago. Don’t really remember how real they felt but it was definitely different then dream recal where your not really there. Thanks! :D

Lucid dreams can be very vivid and hyper real. But as far as your question goes about the dirt bike it could be different for everyone. One thing is for sure gravity does not work the same in dreams so hitting a jump on that dirt bike may very well give you some extreme air and send you flying ha ha.

I'm one that has often ridden dirt bikes, four wheelers, and snowmobiles in real life. So I don't know what it would be like trying it lucid and never having ridden one. I tend to forget about vehicles when lucid though since it's mostly pointless since I can fly and run super fast and jump super high. :) I don't need any vehicles to get around. Though I have gotten lucid while riding many times.

A thing to remember is that a vehicle is a mechanical device and mechanical and digital devices are very prone to malfunctioning in dreams. In my non lucids my mind usually simulates the sheer power of a dirt bike or fourwheeeler pretty well. But anything can happen really with vehicles in dreams. Maybe you will try to give that dirt bike some gas, and nothing will happen when you turn the throttle. Or maybe you are trying to kick start it and the engine will not start. Most common especially with driving cars in dreams is failing brakes. It can be a great dreamsign to remember to RC to. The car I drive is a manual. So I'm always having to use the clutch and shift so all manner of potential problems can come up in my driving dreams lol.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”