How to overcome the "I know I'm dreaming"?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
davidf12

How to overcome the "I know I'm dreaming"?

Postby davidf12 » 24 Aug 2018 06:33

Hi there,

Still struggling with basic stuff, would like to get some hints. Shortly, though haven't master all techniques, have been working on that for around a month, however, despite significant results concerning dream recalls, I'm not able to control my actions throughout dreams.

Quite often I do realize that I'm dreaming either by the "unreal" situations or surrounding but can't get from that point.

Any ideas? ;)

Thanks

Solaris_142

Re: How to overcome the "I know I'm dreaming"?

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Sep 2018 09:02

davidf12 wrote:Hi there,

Still struggling with basic stuff, would like to get some hints. Shortly, though haven't master all techniques, have been working on that for around a month, however, despite significant results concerning dream recalls, I'm not able to control my actions throughout dreams.

Quite often I do realize that I'm dreaming either by the "unreal" situations or surrounding but can't get from that point.

Any ideas? ;)

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking help with. You say you realize you are dreaming. And then what happens? Are you asking for dream control ideas?
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

davidf12

Postby davidf12 » 02 Sep 2018 10:59

Often I realize I’m dreaming but can’t get control over any action whatsoever. Question is how to control the dream from that moment?

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Sep 2018 13:36

davidf12 wrote:Often I realize I’m dreaming but can’t get control over any action whatsoever. Question is how to control the dream from that moment?

You should be a little more specific in what you are trying to do so that people might be bettter able to give you some tips. What type of control are you talking about trying to do? Are you talking about trying to change the dream scene? Summon characters items or creatures? Trying to learn to fly? When you say you can't control any action whatsoever makes me think you are saying you can't even move in your dream once you become lucid. But I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean. :) I can try to describe how I use telekinesis in my dreams if you like but not right this minute because I'm in a hurry and have to get ready to go to work.

davidf12

Postby davidf12 » 03 Sep 2018 17:48

Solaris_142 wrote:
davidf12 wrote:Often I realize I’m dreaming but can’t get control over any action whatsoever. Question is how to control the dream from that moment?

You should be a little more specific in what you are trying to do so that people might be bettter able to give you some tips. What type of control are you talking about trying to do? Are you talking about trying to change the dream scene? Summon characters items or creatures? Trying to learn to fly? When you say you can't control any action whatsoever makes me think you are saying you can't even move in your dream once you become lucid. But I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean. :) I can try to describe how I use telekinesis in my dreams if you like but not right this minute because I'm in a hurry and have to get ready to go to work.

Let me try once again, shortly, I realize I find myself in a dream scene due to the surroundings but cant have control of none of my actions nor sayings. I do move and interact over the dreams but everything seems premeditated in such a way that even when you are about to do something absurd you simply do it. Not easy to explain, my bad.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 03 Sep 2018 22:52

davidf12 wrote:Let me try once again, shortly, I realize I find myself in a dream scene due to the surroundings but cant have control of none of my actions nor sayings. I do move and interact over the dreams but everything seems premeditated in such a way that even when you are about to do something absurd you simply do it. Not easy to explain, my bad.

Interesting. So If I understand you right you are saying that you realize you are dreaming but even after you are lucid you continue to be compelled to do whatever you were doing at the time you became lucid and you can't make yourself stop and do something else?

davidf12

Postby davidf12 » 04 Sep 2018 13:26

Solaris_142 wrote:
davidf12 wrote:Let me try once again, shortly, I realize I find myself in a dream scene due to the surroundings but cant have control of none of my actions nor sayings. I do move and interact over the dreams but everything seems premeditated in such a way that even when you are about to do something absurd you simply do it. Not easy to explain, my bad.

Interesting. So If I understand you right you are saying that you realize you are dreaming but even after you are lucid you continue to be compelled to do whatever you were doing at the time you became lucid and you can't make yourself stop and do something else?

Precisely! I became lucid by noticing my surroundings. Once lucid I’m able to question myself but end up going with the flow. As if I was trapped in my own mind throughout whole dream, simply observing my own actions.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Sep 2018 14:30

davidf12 wrote:Precisely! I became lucid by noticing my surroundings. Once lucid I’m able to question myself but end up going with the flow. As if I was trapped in my own mind throughout whole dream, simply observing my own actions.

That's a bummer. I'm not sure what to say to be honest. I've never had that problem. At least not that I remember. I've always been able to control my own actions. Unless you count tmes when I've lost control of sexual urges and go after that and ruin the dream that way... :)

I guess maybe your first goal for lucidity should be to bring a strong enough will to make yourself stop whatever you are doing once you realize you are dreaming. Maybe just forcing yourself to stop is enough at first. Stop what you are doing and just look around and observe your surroundings. Then if you can get yourself over that hump. Then try simply walking away.

Plocky

Postby Plocky » 23 Sep 2018 00:19

He,,

I once had a dream i just followed, i "broke" the barrier with screaming my lungs out :D

Maryhornbacher

Postby Maryhornbacher » 15 Oct 2018 22:12

davidf12 wrote:Hi there,

Any ideas? ;)

Thanks

Well this stuff don't actually come natural for everyone especially when you are new at it, or when you induce it, when you become lucid you have to observe everylittle thing pay attention to details, you have to keep in mind that it's a dream and that simply powerful thought may allow you to do whatever, when im controlling my dreams and i'm escaping i create the infraestructures myself depending on what i want to do next, example, i want to fly so i start thinking very hard that at some point of a road, the road is gonna end and i have to jump, so that happens, when i jump i don't instantaneously fly, i fall and think very hard that in my dream i can fly so i do it, i actually have to focus a lot for this things to happen i don't know if was helpful, but the more you lucid dream and the more actions you try, they just seem all natural, easy and possible

Return to “For Beginners”