Waking up inmediatly after RC

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Empyreal Sakaki

Waking up inmediatly after RC

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 03 Sep 2018 16:25

Hi! First of all, sorry if I make any mistake with my English!

I began to practice to have LDs around a month or so. Luckily, in that short time I've been able to have, so far, two "lucid dreams". I know very well the theory of how to stabilize them: you rub your hands, look at them, spin, etc.

The problem is that I have no time to do so. The two times my RC worked (Pinching my nose), almost at the same time I was breathing all began to fade. During a second I remained in this pitch black dream limbo, only to wake up later, without losing consciousness.

I think it may be I get nervous, but I try to be calm every time I do a Reality Check in waking life, so I don't wake myself up of excitement when I do it in a dream.

Some advice on how to make the dream longer, just enough to me being aware in it. If it is of any help, I'm just sticking to Reality Checks/All Day Awareness combo DILD's for now!

Thanks!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

Mirach

Re: Waking up inmediatly after RC

Postby Mirach » 09 Sep 2018 12:27

Empyreal Sakaki wrote:Hi! First of all, sorry if I make any mistake with my English!

I began to practice to have LDs around a month or so. Luckily, in that short time I've been able to have, so far, two "lucid dreams". I know very well the theory of how to stabilize them: you rub your hands, look at them, spin, etc.

The problem is that I have no time to do so. The two times my RC worked (Pinching my nose), almost at the same time I was breathing all began to fade. During a second I remained in this pitch black dream limbo, only to wake up later, without losing consciousness.

I think it may be I get nervous, but I try to be calm every time I do a Reality Check in waking life, so I don't wake myself up of excitement when I do it in a dream.

Some advice on how to make the dream longer, just enough to me being aware in it. If it is of any help, I'm just sticking to Reality Checks/All Day Awareness combo DILD's for now!

Thanks!

It is normal that most of the your first lucid dreams are short and fuzzy, but dont wory! By the time they will become longer. I struggled whith that too and once found out how to make them longer. When you feel like you will wake up try to just stay still and relaxed, don't move in your bed. Don't open your eyes even if you know that you are awake and wait until the dream naturaly comes back. It will hapen wery fast because you didn't move and the dream will just return as you fell asleep again, in just a second. It is important not to think that your dream is over, you can enter it quickly again. Let the dream scene to form again, it will probably be the same as before you woke up! And everything will be the same, but maybe even better and more stabile. You will still be lucid, maybe even more then before.
I hope It was helpfull a little bit at last.
Whish you luck! :D

Empyreal Sakaki

Re: Waking up inmediatly after RC

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 10 Sep 2018 21:56

Wow thanks! I tried dream chaining once or twice before (If this is the same thing) but I couldn't make it work because of the external noise. I am going to try it the next time I make a RC, thanks!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

Return to “For Beginners”