Im getting up faster than my alarm

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
rodrizzx

Im getting up faster than my alarm

Postby rodrizzx » 04 Sep 2018 21:55

Hello, i know there were days when i could sleep up to 8 hours, now i try to get up with my alarm in 5hs to do WBTB technique but im getting up naturally 20-30 mins before, what can i do?

Solaris_142

Re: Im getting up faster than my alarm

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Sep 2018 14:20

rodrizzx wrote:Hello, i know there were days when i could sleep up to 8 hours, now i try to get up with my alarm in 5hs to do WBTB technique but im getting up naturally 20-30 mins before, what can i do?

Just do the WBTB when you wake up naturally on your own. I hate setting alarms if I don't have to in order to be somewhere. What if you were already in the middle of a full blown lucid dream having the time of your life and that alarm goes off that you didn't even really need? Would be pretty annoying to say the least... I wouldn't want an alarm to even ruin a good non lucid dream.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

rodrizzx

Postby rodrizzx » 07 Sep 2018 23:30

Solaris_142 wrote:
rodrizzx wrote:Hello, i know there were days when i could sleep up to 8 hours, now i try to get up with my alarm in 5hs to do WBTB technique but im getting up naturally 20-30 mins before, what can i do?

Just do the WBTB when you wake up naturally on your own. I hate setting alarms if I don't have to in order to be somewhere. What if you were already in the middle of a full blown lucid dream having the time of your life and that alarm goes off that you didn't even really need? Would be pretty annoying to say the least... I wouldn't want an alarm to even ruin a good non lucid dream.

Hello, thanks for your reply, i can see you are a really experienced lucid dreamer, but if i get up before the alarm, i'll have to switch it off, and the technique i read, you have to not open your eyes, anyway im going to try what you said, other thing if you can help me, do you recommend to be tired to do wild technique? my eyes open when im relaxing and i think it's because im not tired at all, thanks again and sorry my english, im from Argentina

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Sep 2018 01:29

rodrizzx wrote:Hello, thanks for your reply, i can see you are a really experienced lucid dreamer, but if i get up before the alarm, i'll have to switch it off, and the technique i read, you have to not open your eyes, anyway im going to try what you said, other thing if you can help me, do you recommend to be tired to do wild technique? my eyes open when im relaxing and i think it's because im not tired at all, thanks again and sorry my english, im from Argentina

Well when you are not as tired it's usually easier to stay aware while drifting off.The more tired you are the greater the chance of just falling asleep too fast. But no reason you can't practice working on it any time you are going to sleep and see what you can get.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “For Beginners”