My dream journal entries are short

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ENZ

My dream journal entries are short

Postby ENZ » 24 Sep 2018 23:18

there about 4 sentences, what should I do?

Empyreal Sakaki

Re: My dream journal entries are short

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 25 Sep 2018 17:46

Since when have you been writing it? Days, months, years? It all depend on it. If it has been a lot of time, and every day you wake up with little no memory of your dreams, you should try other things along the journal: a dream anchor, mantras, meditation, supplements, etc. If you are getting started, then I reccomend you to keep writing, and see if that works.

When I began, two month ago or so, I had days with two or three phrases too, like: "Went to the market, a monster was there, but it was friendly", you know? Then, by committed writing, and doing it at the very moment I wake up (If you don't have the time to do it right, like me, you could do it with tags or scribbling it very badly like me haha), I began to remember more things. The plot, the feelings, the smell of this, the texture of that, etc.

Another thing you could do is acknowledging what is the worst for you when trying to remember dreams, and avoid it. People always talk about how moving a little in bed before remember the dream can be fatal, but for me, for example, it is sound. I can move, stand up, and doing things for some minutes without losing my dream, but talk me one word or do some noise and it is dead, very dead.

Sorry for the English, and hope some of this can be helpful.
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Sep 2018 21:47

The fact you are recording them at all is the most important thing. As the previous poster pointed out, keeping up this habit will eventually enable you to remember more details in your dreams and you will be able to write larger entries in future. Good luck!
Dreaming is my drug

Empyreal Sakaki

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 25 Sep 2018 21:59

Hi, torakrubik! Just saw your perfil and I hyped, I love Okami! Sorry if it is the wrong place to ask, but do you have any Okami related dream goals? One big of mine is become Amaterasu and run through Shinshu Field! Sorry again!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 26 Sep 2018 20:42

Hi fellow Okami fan! :) I would love to board the Ark of Yamato and visit the Celestial Plane in a lucid dream! I think that might have to be my next lucid goal...

torakrubik
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”