Nightmares always make me lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
MCA_der_Negus

Nightmares always make me lucid

Postby MCA_der_Negus » 11 Jan 2019 14:50

I don't know when I had the last "normal" nightmare. Since I started with lucid dreaming, my dreams became more lively and I can remember them better. When I have a normal dream, I don't become lucid all the time but when I have a nightmare, 99 % of the time I know that I'm dreaming.

I don't really have control in a nightmare, but they don't scare me because I know that I'm dreaming. Mostly I recognize them even before anything scary happens. The breathing the atmosphere and the overall feeling is very different and mostly the same in every nightmare. I can immediately tell, ok, this is a nightmare and I mostly wake up then. I don't know how to describe it but sometimes it's like that the energy from the nightmare overcomes me and I start to fly or I get like an evil grin on my face? I don't think it's a paranormal thing of course. It's just interesting how different a nightmare can be in a lucid dream. Does someone have a similar experience like me?

ggscrochet

Re: Nightmares always make me lucid

Postby ggscrochet » 11 Jan 2019 20:17

I had a nightmare I was being chased by a dragon one time and when I realized I was dreaming a took the dragon for a ride and it washed scary anymore. Once you realize your dreaming try saying I'm dreaming or look at your hand it should make you able to control it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”