Page 1 of 1

Almost there but not quite.

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 09:21
by Relapse
So i have tried WILD 4 times now and each time i get a little bit closer.
But i have a few problems and questions.
First off, i try doing this when i first go to bed at night. I see some people suggest that
i should set an alarm after 5 hours of sleeping and try it then but then i just fall asleep and
cant keep my mind awake.
When i get really relaxed then my eye lids go half open and that ruins the progress.
Past 2 nights i have used a blind fold and it helped to keep my eye lids shut but should i use it?
or try to keep eye lids shut naturally (which is almost impossible when laying on my back)
Another problem is that when i get really close and start to feel numb all over body and see shapes
and even places, i get excited. My heart starts beating hard and i keep my mind calm and focused but
i feel like my neck is stiff and not relaxed and the same for my back muscles. Also sometimes my leg or hand twitches or something. Im thinking that maybe my pillow is not soft enough and thats why my neck
feels uncomfortable but when i start it i feel relaxed and comfortable and the problem occurs when
im getting really close to succeeding.
Any advice would be useful :)

Re: Almost there but not quite.

Posted: 16 Mar 2012 20:23
by Peter
Have a good sleep first and then wake up and try after a little time out of bed - 10 - 15 minutes might do, and dont try if you are tired. If you are tired or not fully committed then just drift off to sleep thinking about something you might want to do in a dream or rembering the last dream you had and likely you will get a DILD or a nice vivid dream anyway

Re: Almost there but not quite.

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 19:58
by Relapse
Peter wrote:Have a good sleep first and then wake up and try after a little time out of bed - 10 - 15 minutes might do, and dont try if you are tired. If you are tired or not fully committed then just drift off to sleep thinking about something you might want to do in a dream or rembering the last dream you had and likely you will get a DILD or a nice vivid dream anyway


Thanks for the reply.
So do you think that trying WILD when im going to sleep at night wont work?

Re: Almost there but not quite.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 05:51
by lucidinthe sky
Relapse wrote:So do you think that trying WILD when im going to sleep at night wont work?


Probably not, and it's not worth ruining what might otherwise be a good night's sleep. Plus if you ruin your sleep, you might ruin your chances of an early morning lucid dream, the most common.

The most I would suggest doing before bed is seeding some lucid dreams and maybe some light meditation and affirmations that you believe you will have a lucid dream.

Re: Almost there but not quite.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 12:34
by Relapse
lucidinthe sky wrote:Probably not, and it's not worth ruining what might otherwise be a good night's sleep. Plus if you ruin your sleep, you might ruin your chances of an early morning lucid dream, the most common.

The most I would suggest doing before bed is seeding some lucid dreams and maybe some light meditation and affirmations that you believe you will have a lucid dream.


Ok Thanks, helped alot :P