Question: Are Dream Characters Real?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
baccuss123

Re: Question: Are Dream Characters Real?

Postby baccuss123 » 05 Jun 2018 09:41

Chrispy wrote:It's a shame that someone who writes books doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." :lol:

Heheheheee

It's just grammar dude!

my GF in high school schooled me on how I was misusing "your" lol

give him a break.

:)

baccuss123

Postby baccuss123 » 05 Jun 2018 09:43

Chrispy wrote:I'm not sure they're real, but it's sometimes nice to think that they are. Since Lucid Dreams are very vivid, it's sometimes hard to think they're not.

Personally, I kind of hope some aspect of them could reach other dimensions or other planes of our reality. I lost my dad about a year ago and even though it's only a Lucid Dream, it's still nice to be able to sit down and talk with him. I guess it's only real if you believe that it's real.

Go visit the guy!

I personally used lucid dreaming to go visit my grandmother. Stupid guardian angel dude kept interrupting but that is another story.

It is possible and actually very easy.
Need and emotion dude.

baccuss123

Postby baccuss123 » 05 Jun 2018 09:47

torakrubik wrote:The idea of the dreamworld being another dimension is a topic i would like to do research into. Personally, i believe this is in fact true, and that dream characters are 'real' but only whilst existing in the confines of said dimension.

The standard dream world is in your head.

But you can use it as a launch platform and or stepping stone to the other dimensions. Astral, lands of the dead, other places...etc.

I know this for a fact and have been to them numerous times. I can also tell if I am there by specific surroundings and or what I see.

Study the kabbala, runic experiencs, shamanistic worlds, theosophy...etc
all provide clues.
Or get a teacher!
lol

Cheers,
B

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 07 Jun 2018 07:06

I personally believe this a bit of a gray area and I've been trying to do some research into it. On one hand, yeah, dreams are a product of our subconscious and all we see in them are created/processed by our brains. On the other hand, in theory, our waking world is simply a processing of our brains to see the things the way we do. We often process real people as only a small piece of what they are as we do in sleep, so as far as our brains our concerned, why wouldn't dream characters be as real as people?

Really, though, I believe dream characters are part of our subconscious...mostly. Have you ever noticed while dreaming, lucid dreaming especially, that some dream characters move around like zombies or are noticeably flat and "absent", while other certain dcs seem just as lively as you are? In my dreams, at least, some dream characters act just like real people. One in particular keeps coming back around despite me constantly forgetting about him, and has actually brought me to lucidity at least twice (by telling me I'm in a dream, instead of me doing all the insisting to other dcs). Really makes me wonder. :?
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”