Strange Things happening when i dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DeweyTheCowboy

Strange Things happening when i dream

Postby DeweyTheCowboy » 23 Mar 2015 02:54

I dont know if this is normal, but when i dream its usually semi-lucid, and i when i wake up i remember them as dreams and remember controlling them but when im sleeping they seem like im in an average waking state, except i dont control them as it seems they sre driving themeselves. If anyone knows why this happens and how to dream regularly again that would be great.
Welcome To Anger Management

TheDude

Re: Strange Things happening when i dream

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 03:02

I dream like that from time to time. I fell like I'm close to being lucid and it is kind of irritating to have that thought in the back of your mind when you are dreaming. I'm not sure why this happens, but when ever I want to dream without thinking about being lucid, I just lay down and let myself fall asleep. It's hard to not chase any thought, but I just imagine that I'm floating in blackness with nothing else around and I fall asleep normally.

Hope this helps!

Did I accurately describe the way you feel when you have these semi-lucid dreams? If not could you explain it further?
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

DeweyTheCowboy

Postby DeweyTheCowboy » 23 Mar 2015 03:06

Thanks for the reply, but i usually dont try to remember my dreams and when i do they are rarely lucid and would like them to be, but i barley remember ones like these and sometimes they seem like past memories except i dont remember living them, as if ive had missing time and something was just stuffed there to fill the gap

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 03:11

O.K I think I understand. It's like hearing a friend tell a story: you know it happened, but it doesn't feel real to you; It doesn't feel like you really experienced it.

Is that it?
- Walt Disney

DeweyTheCowboy

Postby DeweyTheCowboy » 23 Mar 2015 03:12

yes that seems right except i can see it through my own eyes, so its not an out of body experience

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 03:17

That's how I normally dream but I don't know why I don't remember different sensations in the dream although recently, I have recalled more sensations from my dreams. I think that it's because I have recently tried to keep a detailed dream journal, but I'm not sure.
- Walt Disney

DeweyTheCowboy

Postby DeweyTheCowboy » 23 Mar 2015 03:19

it kind of sucks to dream like that but ive had a few extremely vivid fully lucid dreams before

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 03:29

Just try to record any thoughts, emotions, and/or sensations you feel in your dream in a DJ. It helps me improve my recall and makes my dreams more vivid.

Have you ever had a dream where when you recall it, it feels like you are watching your dream on a movie screen (while still experiencing it) but, part of the screen has been removed?
- Walt Disney

DeweyTheCowboy

Postby DeweyTheCowboy » 23 Mar 2015 03:53

My dreams are usually very vivid or like the ones we were talking about earlier

And I will start a dream journal

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”