Help! How can I get more control

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DogeMan29

Help! How can I get more control

Postby DogeMan29 » 02 Jan 2017 10:39

I'm very New at this. I started this week. Last night I had my first lucid dream, sort of. I knew I was dreaming about 75 percent. Either that or my brain was just acting out what I was trying to practice (lucid dreaming) And if I was lucid dreaming, i was in third person view. The dream was, I had a birds eye view of my self running around in a small fence. I was thinking this is a dream. So it probably was a lucid dream. At that point I started screaming at my self that its a dream. The me running around in the
fence stopped to do a realty check. He only had four fingers and they were blury. I tried to control him but failed. Then the dream ended. Can you give me tips to get more control? Or at least in first person view?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Help! How can I get more control

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Jan 2017 17:35

DogeMan29 wrote:I'm very New at this. I started this week. Last night I had my first lucid dream, sort of. I knew I was dreaming about 75 percent. Either that or my brain was just acting out what I was trying to practice (lucid dreaming) And if I was lucid dreaming, i was in third person view. The dream was, I had a birds eye view of my self running around in a small fence. I was thinking this is a dream. So it probably was a lucid dream. At that point I started screaming at my self that its a dream. The me running around in the
fence stopped to do a realty check. He only had four fingers and they were blury. I tried to control him but failed. Then the dream ended. Can you give me tips to get more control? Or at least in first person view?

This sounds like you had a very low level of lucidity. Getting control of your LDs will require practice and confidence that you can control the dream. Your dreams respond to your expectations. If you "know" you can do something, you will be able to do it. If you have doubts, you will fail. The more LDs you have the better you will get at taking control. However, I practice with visualization. At night before bed I take a dream from the previous night's dream journal. I close my eyes and replay the dream in my head. I find a spot where I should have done a reality check, and fantasize that I realized I was dreaming and did a RC. Then I continue the fantasy and act out what I would have done if I were lucid. You can then practice your control by fantasizing about it and convincing yourself you have absolute control and can do exactly what you want.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”