Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

Postby HAGART » 30 Mar 2017 02:58

Enra Traz.... er, I mean, Summerlander wrote:There is a time traveller among us. But it's not me. It's Enra Traz. She came from the future of a parallel universe where Elizabeth Warren became the president of the United States of America.

In this timeline, it's Back To The Future 2 where Biff is president. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 30 Mar 2017 03:20

As long as no one travels to the past, and changes the future.

If Summerlander for example, were to go into the past, and make Mohammad's mother have an abortion, we would as a future affected by his actions (the butterfly effect), cease to exist, and every living thing living in that future along with it. There would be no Islam attacking people in the future, because it would have never been invented. However, it makes it so our future never happens, so the our future becomes but only an illusion in the past's memory, and us along with it.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Mar 2017 04:31

lucidé wrote:There would be no Islam attacking people in the future

Something else would take it's place to justify our human nature to extirpate the world of those we disagree with. It's happening on all sides of the multifaceted coin, both out in the macrocosm of society, and within the microcosm of the inner self.

I digress, and implore us to not hijack this thread with our shenanigans.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Apr 2017 22:32

Lucid dreaming may be the illusory product of neurons that record perceptual information and memory and then go on to create 'imaginative worlds' in our sleep---but ... So what?

It doesn't matter what the origins of lucid dreamland are. We should work to preserve such illusion because as far as perception goes, it is another world. Perhaps this can pave the way to a virtual reality Mindnet in the future. We might even be able to permanently live in a lucid dream! Like in Vanilla Sky; imagine a future where mankind has forgotten the material world and no longer has an idea of what truly undergirds its new mental home.

Imagine we come to believe that existence only entails lucid observers and a shared dream world---and the machinery and brains that generate the 'magic' are unimaginable and eternally invisible to us.

Perhaps only a few of us will know the horrible truth that is our physical reality; only a few will know the secret of machines preserving our cerebra indefinitely ... and they will also know that there is a good chance planet Earth (that the majority have long forgotten) could be hit by a massive asteroid which would bring about the termination of life.

Hmmm ... 8-)

And what if our shared lucid dream world predicted such event by showing us a dream asteroid colliding with our dreamland? Wow! That would be some twist! :twisted:

Hagart ... Enra Traz says that's what will happen.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 03 Apr 2017 23:51

Summerlander wrote: We might even be able to permanently live in a lucid dream! Like in Vanilla Sky; imagine a future where mankind has forgotten the material world and no longer has an idea of what truly undergirds its new mental home.

Imagine we come to believe that existence only entails lucid observers and a shared dream world---and the machinery and brains that generate the 'magic' are unimaginable and eternally invisible to us.

Perhaps only a few of us will know the horrible truth that is our physical reality; only a few will know the secret of machines preserving our cerebra indefinitely ... and they will also know that there is a good chance planet Earth (that the majority have long forgotten) could be hit by a massive asteroid which would bring about the termination of life.

Hmmm ... 8-)

And what if our shared lucid dream world predicted such event by showing us a dream asteroid colliding with our dreamland? Wow! That would be some twist! :twisted:

Hagart ... Enra Traz says that's what will happen.

This is what I am after! That's what I am hoping for. I could just live in my lucid dreams as long as I wanted to. I just hope this really does happen. Then I don't have to worry about losing consciousness anymore. I hate losing consciousness so much, sometimes I won't even go into delta sleep (all REM sleep).
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Apr 2017 14:56

It will happen, lucide. And if only a few of us can be hooked up to Mindnet, I will gladly foreswear my oneiric life opportunity for you. I'm comfortable with the idea of being unconscious. :-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 04 Apr 2017 15:23

I just hope that the people who want to be restored can be reprogrammed to that program. What I am hoping for is to be completely reunited with my friends again, I'd like to be a team with them. To do that, they would have to restore one of my friend's DNA, although that's not entirely out of the question, since Utah technology could be fully capable of doing this in the future. This was a wish of my friends and mine in the past, that we could live in that future world together, free from our afflictions one day. One day I really hope I can be reunited with my friends as the team we were, and live in my lucid dreams as the team we once were.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2017 04:17

I hated Vanilla Sky, and yet liked the concept. (I take it back. Tom Cruise talking with that mask was very memorable. The rest was garbage with horrible directing.)
It's similar to the Matrix, and like I said earlier, I certainly entertain the idea of a virtual reality, so real and possible, that we may already be in one which is the Simulation Theory. (That was a little too late for a spoiler alert, but it's old enough now to not care about that)

Diving in and out of dreams in general, some lucid, has left me perplexed by the definition of 'reality'.

And of course loss of ego (ego death), and self will which is another hot topic discussed at length in other threads.

As for your dreams mentioned just earlier about the perfect life, Lucide, those are fantasies, not dreams. Yes, we can do what we want in dreams, but how long would it take before you realize that you can do anything and question desire itself, and where it comes from and why it even exists in the first place?

I did say before that we should not hijack this thread with our shenanigans, but that was about the gossip of your true identities. ;) This is deep stuff.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Apr 2017 12:52

The wise word of the Buddha still echoes throughout the ages. Would one want to remain a slave to their own desires inside a lucid dream world? Is the perpetual mental pampering of humankind the way? And what happens when the virtual reality programs go wrong and accidentally create nightmares?

A mind that has been spoiled with the constant fulfilment of its desires would not be able to handle oneiric horrors. An enlightened mind---which can access meditative states easily---would be able to endure unpleasant dream events with equanimity because it has given up the search for happiness. It welcomes whatever happens and, in doing so, has found true happiness. It has become untouchable in life and certainly untouchable in death.

Now, to answer this topic's question: No, dreams can't predict shit; they can seem to predict real events sometimes by coincidence. Having said this, dreams can be insightful; they can stir our imagination and be a great source of creativity.

Just realised that I hadn't been relevant to this topic yet! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 05 Apr 2017 20:24

I don't think you quite understand why I really want an indefinite lucid dream. It isn't really even just to control everything. What I really want is to live the life I was supposed to live before I ended up with the depression episodes. I cannot even understand what real happiness is in real life anymore because my happiness is random and it feels like I drank way too much coffee. If I could only understand what a completely normal life would be like through a lucid dream, I would finally be at peace. This is also something all my friends wanted.
Hagart this is a fantasy I almost always have when I get way too happy, as I often make unusual stories when I am happy. Although it's way better than the mean stories I make about people or subjects I really don't like when I get depressed.
Too bad Summerlander, but I don't understand what true happiness is. I cannot control exactly when I become happy. For me to accept unconsciousness would be like for me to accept my depression. It's not going to happen, as that depression has really made me look bad in public one too many times.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”