Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2017 21:22

Summerlander explained my concept very well. I am not a Buddhist, but it just makes so much sense. I don't even consider it a religion, and in fact Buddha would roll over in his grave if he knew others treat him as a deity. To me it's a logical philosophy. You can't know what joy is unless you experience suffering. It's relative just like everything else in this universe, and one can't be defined unless you have the opposite for comparison.

I wish I could flip a switch in your brain, Lucide, and turn off those manic feelings between extreme joy and suffering. Even too much joy is too much to handle and it is a form of suffering too! I wonder if marijuana would help. It does settle emotions very well. Medicinal marijuana may actually help one day.

You like to send video clips sometimes, and this one is so relevant. It's the Ren and Stimpy "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song. In that episode Ren, who is always angry and cranky is given a helmet device to force him to be happy and hates it! Too much happiness can drive you insane! It's doesn't show the end of the episode, but he finishes by saying, "I feel angry!" and loves it with a smile.

I wish I could send the whole episode, but Viacom, just like Disney protects their copyrighted material very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2017 21:37

I gave up trying to keep on track with this thread. :D

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 05 Apr 2017 23:06

HAGART wrote:I wish I could flip a switch in your brain, Lucide, and turn off those manic feelings between extreme joy and suffering. Even too much joy is too much to handle and it is a form of suffering too! I wonder if marijuana would help. It does settle emotions very well. Medicinal marijuana may actually help one day.

It's illegal where I live unfortunately. Also many medications seem to have different effects on me than others, so it may do nothing.
The only time I really hate it when those embarrassing emotions show up is when they show up at the wrong time. Imagine the happy happy joy joy song during a moment of silence, on sacred grounds, or in the middle of a class. That emotion makes me so ridiculously hyper as well. The very best time for it to be released is during a hardcore workout. The reason why I say I don't understand happiness is because if I get in that good of a mood, I act like I drank too much coffee. I have a much higher tolerance for pain, but sometimes I will have insomnia episodes with the most extreme episodes.

What causes me the most stress isn't the extreme happy episodes (some of the emotions are way worse at extreme levels). It is the complete lack of control I have when it comes to controlling my emotions or if I have an extreme emotion at the worst possible time. I feel so guilty if I get angry for no reason and snap, or I might have a sudden anxiety episode even on a good day.
I hope at least one day, I can learn to control my emotions better like a normal person should.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2017 23:44

I feel ya. I don't know exactly what it is like, but I have drank too much caffeine before, and also had a few slumps during a hangover after a binge. That is the best I can know to compare how you feel and what you go through on a daily basis.

I wish I could invent a magic pill to cure it.

Knowing that you have those mood swings beyond your control, and feel guilt about it afterward must be very stressful.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 00:16

I feel ya. I don't know exactly what it is like, but I have drank too much caffeine before, and also had a few slumps during a hangover after a binge. That is the best I can know to compare how you feel and what you go through on a daily basis.

Only about a fraction of what I go through. I might be calm one second, and suddenly be mad for no real reason the next second.

HAGART wrote:Knowing that you have those mood swings beyond your control, and feel guilt about it afterward must be very stressful.

The very worst was when I first started having them in middle school. I suddenly jumped from anxious to angry to sad. A few times I did attack my bullies out of anger, and I still feel bad I took it that far. I had anxiety and anger freak outs very frequently in class, and the teacher would just send me to detention for it. They told me at that school I was a bad behaved student. It still haunts me that I was behaving so badly, and I hope I can somehow control myself one day.

Well at least I have my lucid dreams to go to at night. In a lucid dream with enough control, the characters don't judge you no matter who or what you are.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Apr 2017 17:07

I was depressed before but mindfulness helped me. I didn't even struggle against it because to do so is to incur more stress which exarcerbates depression. Instead, I began to examine all forms of mental content---pleasant and unpleasant---and found the practice interesting and insightful.

I no longer feel that negative thoughts are personal or happening to me. Instead, they are just forms that arise in my mind, are allowed to express themselves and pass away. I no longer chase them. Now I have a choice to either explore such thoughts and emotions or ignore them when they beg for my attention.

Not only do I feel empowered, I am far more at peace than ever before. And all I have to do is stay grounded in the present moment. Sometimes I still catch myself ruminating but it doesn't happen as often. And to notice rumination is a success. It's like becoming lucid in a dream. You literally wake up inside your own mind.

The Buddha was right. It makes sense. He really found a way. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 22:19

Lia wrote:Hi..
I am sorry if my story hard to understand. Also if my English not so good.

I just want to share one of my weird dream.
I am a lucid dream of course and one of my dream somehow become true.
For example today.
Today i went to some talkshow and in the middle of the show I felt like de javu. In real life, I never been go to that place before but I feel de javu at the first time I went to that place. And I remembered I had a dream about that situation a few weeks ago..
The building, the room, the pilar, even the people is as same as my dream.
I hope somebody can tell me what was going on.
Because it not just today. I think it happens once in two until three month. It was usually happens when I dreamed about some situations and there was somebody I know in real life (friends, cousins, family ect) after I dreamed About that situation a few weeks later I really in that situation. With same people, same building, same room, even snack will as same as my dream.
It makes me feel de javu a lot.

You most definitely experienced DeJa Vu, which is an after effect of "Planes-walking." Check out this article on Deja-Vu Below

http://quantumdisclosure.com/deja-vu.html
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 01:35

Bogus link. Deja vus are more likely to be the effect of cerebral information being relayed twice to consciousness---hence the feeling that one is perceiving something for the second time. Brain glitches occur, y'know! :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 02:38

Summerlander wrote:Bogus link. Deja vus are more likely to be the effect of cerebral information being relayed twice to consciousness---hence the feeling that one is perceiving something for the second time. Brain glitches occur, y'know! :D

You didn't even visit the link to determine whether or not it's bogus, you're definitely entitled to your opinion--but don't lie, that's just not cool.
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 12:08

I've come across sources like that ages ago and have also met the authors in person---like now! I don't waste my time on it, my friend. You want to know about quantum mechanics then you should read literature by Richard Feynman or Brian Cox. Also, take a look at some of the work being done at CERN. You are wasting time with pseudoscience and New Age tripe. :D

'Ethereal energy' my arse ... :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”