Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Domintheos

Re: Is lucid dream can be a prediction of what will happen in our life?

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 15:02

Summerlander wrote:I've come across sources like that ages ago and have also met the authors in person---like now! I don't waste my time on it, my friend. You want to know about quantum mechanics then you should read literature by Richard Feynman or Brian Cox. Also, take a look at some of the work being done at CERN. You are wasting time with pseudoscience and New Age tripe. :D

'Ethereal energy' my arse ... :mrgreen:

That's great you have no sense of self outside of your concrete box, I'm happy for you--how's it working out?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 19:36

I will chime in and mention that I did say before that there are good arguments on both sides of this fence. I entertain the idea that our perception of space and time is all wrong due to our pathetic little brains which can't fathom how it really works.

I agree that there might be some missing keys to the puzzle of our existence and reality and how we perceive time, but when reading the start of that article you sent, Domintheos, I realized it was full of pseudo science. It uses scientific jargon to make it sound plausible, but it's a work of fiction. It certainly is a great premise for a movie or story though, and that is why ideas like that spread. We humans love a good story to tell.

This is all in my opinion of course, and I am not being argumentative about it.

I will provide a counter point in a few minutes when I find it...
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 19:52

I can't find a good video clip that I saw once. Forgive me, but I swear I saw a video about Michael Persinger studying Deja Vu and he was able to induce it with his "God Helmet".

I could be wrong though. Oh well, at least I admit I can be wrong.

If anyone knows of this video/article to send please do as a counter point.

Deja Vu is certainly a real phenomenon, but my only inner debate I have is why it happens.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 20:10

Oh yeah. Most people, if not all, have experienced it. No biggie. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 20:11

HAGART wrote:I will chime in and mention that I did say before that there are good arguments on both sides of this fence. I entertain the idea that our perception of space and time is all wrong due to our pathetic little brains which can't fathom how it really works.

I agree that there might be some missing keys to the puzzle of our existence and reality and how we perceive time, but when reading the start of that article you sent, Domintheos, I realized it was full of pseudo science. It uses scientific jargon to make it sound plausible, but it's a work of fiction. It certainly is a great premise for a movie or story though, and that is why ideas like that spread. We humans love a good story to tell.

This is all in my opinion of course, and I am not being argumentative about it.

I will provide a counter point in a few minutes when I find it...

Well, thank you for your opinion. However, pseudo science is exactly that--and you'll have to practice it in order to gain the "wisdom" of it. I totally understand how those "subjective" to their physical reality--can't see any "knowledge" in pseudo-information, that's fine and dandy; as a counter to that "subjected" mindset, my "objective" practice and experimentation using these "Pseudo" methods have gained me Wisdom--wisdom that only I will truly know. The only way for a "subjective" science guy to know what I know is to practice his own form of pseudo science.

I've studied quantum psychics and the like; the only different between "my theories" and "its"--lies in the fact that all that comprises physical science is the object, and it's practitioners are "subjected" to all that makes up the science itself. Sure you can look at is as they're objectively experimenting and researching "things", but they're subjected to what they're "doing". Henceforth, so am I when I perform exactly what these people are "doing"; were made up of these atoms and such that are multi-dimensional, right? What makes you think we can't command those "things" beyond this "place."
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 20:26

It's like saying, in order to understand stealing you have to do it first, Hagart. :lol:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 20:36

Well, you had me at first, but you are just playing devil's advocate with a fake account again. I'll pack up my convictions and go hitchhiking on the high road.

Domintheos

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 20:40

HAGART wrote:Well, you had me at first, but you are just playing devil's advocate with a fake account again. I'll pack up my convictions and go hitchhiking on the high road.

There's your mistake; forget the person delivering the information--even though you don't know me, at all. Pay attention to the information and how it "affects" you, and to be quite honest; I'm not interested in getting anyone to believe anything I present--all that I ask is that you respect my domain, and allow me to share what I deem to be hobby & reality. Thank you, we can always agree to disagree--just no disrespect please.
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 20:57

So touchy! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Apr 2017 21:27

Yea, what's up with that guy?

I have no need to argue with someone like that. Play among yourselves. (or is it amongst?) The real question I need answers to is how to speak English!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”