Occult Dream Theory

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamerMan99
Posts: 324
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Apr 2017 23:24

Domintheos wrote:Taking into account the fact that you don't believe in an afterlife--makes it quite difficult to explain the difference between ego and consciousness; both of which survive after death, but one eventually "dissolves" along with the physical body. There's so much we'd have to cover before we even began to talk about dreams--but seeing as you have no concept or ideology about spirituality; i'm not too sure where to start, and your responses are as abstract as the spiritual realm itself.

How about this.... you have a heart right? Where does the energy that "grants" you emotional stimulation stem from; what is that 21 grams that departs from the body upon death? Let's start here..


Yes, just about everyone has a heart. If not, you probably aren't posting too much online.
Emotions are the result of electrical impulses and neurotransmitters.
The 21 grams is probably a mixture of the air in your lungs expelled, piss and shit that leave your body when all your sphincters release.

To be serious for a moment... That study of the weight of the soul was total bullshit, it's been discredited and debunked many times.
http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html
Good luck,
Dream on.

User avatar
Domintheos
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Apr 2017 17:06
Contact:

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Domintheos » 06 Apr 2017 23:32

DreamerMan99 wrote:Yes, just about everyone has a heart. If not, you probably aren't posting too much online.
Emotions are the result of electrical impulses and neurotransmitters.
The 21 grams is probably a mixture of the air in your lungs expelled, piss and shit that leave your body when all your sphincters release.

To be serious for a moment... That study of the weight of the soul was total bullshit, it's been discredited and debunked many times.
http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html


Got it, what I find interesting about your "disposition"--is that you literally believe yourself to be a program that's executing itself....and once it's "machine" ceases to function properly; you'll disappear back into the "pool" of "code" you came from. So when you feel "hatred" or "love"--what you're saying is that it isn't really "you", but it's the data your machine is translating and executing? Please do explain, are you real or are you just a program within a machine?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé
Posts: 587
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby lucidé » 06 Apr 2017 23:41

Domintheos wrote:
DreamerMan99 wrote:Yes, just about everyone has a heart. If not, you probably aren't posting too much online.
Emotions are the result of electrical impulses and neurotransmitters.
The 21 grams is probably a mixture of the air in your lungs expelled, piss and shit that leave your body when all your sphincters release.

To be serious for a moment... That study of the weight of the soul was total bullshit, it's been discredited and debunked many times.
http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html


Got it, what I find interesting about your "disposition"--is that you literally believe yourself to be a program that's executing itself....and once it's "machine" ceases to function properly; you'll disappear back into the "pool" of "code" you came from. So when you feel "hatred" or "love"--what you're saying is that it isn't really "you", but it's the data your machine is translating and executing? Please do explain, are you real or are you just a program within a machine?


He believes that we are only a bunch of cells. Also users like him believe we as humans are worthless, and most of the preaching coming from these users are teaching people that they are nothing but a bunch of worthless monkeys whose only purpose is nothing less but to eat, mate, and die. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Eht9Hyrxw
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99
Posts: 324
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Apr 2017 23:49

lucidé wrote:He believes that we are only a bunch of cells. Also users like him believe we as humans are worthless, and most of the preaching coming from these users are teaching people that they are nothing but a bunch of worthless monkeys whose only purpose is nothing less but to eat, mate, and die.


Appreciate that you've been paying attention Lucide, but I can answer questions directed towards me myself.

Yes, we are a bunch of cells. In no sense is that a belief, but the objective reality of our biological makeup. Cells, proteins, lipids.
Users like me...? Isn't that how genocide starts, with "us" and "them" :lol:
Sounds like you are projecting your self-worth issues with your second point... I don't think I ever have said I believe humans are worthless, nor do I believe that.
In a sense, worth is in the eye of the beholder. So we are both worthless but also a bounty of worth. If you see worth in yourself, or other people, GOOD! My only argument towards the concept of worth is that it is precisely that. A concept. Without man, worth is meaningless. Objectively, nothing is worth anything. In a larger scheme of things, planets are crushed, stars implode, galaxies are consumed by an intangible amount of gravity concentrated in one point, without a single nod to their worth.
Good luck,
Dream on.

User avatar
Domintheos
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Apr 2017 17:06
Contact:

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 00:30

DreamerMan99 wrote:Yes, we are a bunch of cells. In no sense is that a belief, but the objective reality of our biological makeup. Cells, proteins, lipids.
Users like me...? Isn't that how genocide starts, with "us" and "them" :lol:
Sounds like you are projecting your self-worth issues with your second point... I don't think I ever have said I believe humans are worthless, nor do I believe that.
In a sense, worth is in the eye of the beholder. So we are both worthless but also a bounty of worth. If you see worth in yourself, or other people, GOOD! My only argument towards the concept of worth is that it is precisely that. A concept. Without man, worth is meaningless. Objectively, nothing is worth anything. In a larger scheme of things, planets are crushed, stars implode, galaxies are consumed by an intangible amount of gravity concentrated in one point, without a single nod to their worth.


You still didn't answer my question, who or what are you? Sure our body is an anatomical-wonder, but I want you to explain to me the sense of self animating the form--is that you, or another product of the physical body?
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé
Posts: 587
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 00:56

DreamerMan99 wrote:Appreciate that you've been paying attention Lucide, but I can answer questions directed towards me myself.

Yes, we are a bunch of cells. In no sense is that a belief, but the objective reality of our biological makeup. Cells, proteins, lipids.
Users like me...? Isn't that how genocide starts, with "us" and "them" :lol:
Sounds like you are projecting your self-worth issues with your second point... I don't think I ever have said I believe humans are worthless, nor do I believe that.
In a sense, worth is in the eye of the beholder. So we are both worthless but also a bounty of worth. If you see worth in yourself, or other people, GOOD! My only argument towards the concept of worth is that it is precisely that. A concept. Without man, worth is meaningless. Objectively, nothing is worth anything. In a larger scheme of things, planets are crushed, stars implode, galaxies are consumed by an intangible amount of gravity concentrated in one point, without a single nod to their worth.


Why not just recommend the Aokigahara Forest, if life and worth has no meaning? If there is no meaning, why even exist at all?


You still didn't answer my question, who or what are you? Sure our body is an anatomical-wonder, but I want you to explain to me the sense of self animating the form--is that you, or another product of the physical body?


He's going to say the brain. The electric impulses in the brain allow us to move.

Although there was one experiment that was done on me, and other users please don't attack me for this (I know I have mood issues, however I am not delusional when it comes to my lucid dreams). I had an EEG once, and the EEG said I fainted, yet somehow, I was able to pull off a WILD during the EEG and even used dream spying during the EEG. I still don't understand how I was able to do this, either the EEG machine wasn't working, or I was somehow functioning in another area of the brain they couldn't detect at that time.

Wow this is so sad, you just ran off and hid from us. There is really no need to run off and hide.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99
Posts: 324
Joined: 27 Mar 2013 23:53
Location: In a world where nothing matters

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby DreamerMan99 » 07 Apr 2017 01:37

lucidé wrote:
DreamerMan99 wrote:Appreciate that you've been paying attention Lucide, but I can answer questions directed towards me myself.

Yes, we are a bunch of cells. In no sense is that a belief, but the objective reality of our biological makeup. Cells, proteins, lipids.
Users like me...? Isn't that how genocide starts, with "us" and "them" :lol:
Sounds like you are projecting your self-worth issues with your second point... I don't think I ever have said I believe humans are worthless, nor do I believe that.
In a sense, worth is in the eye of the beholder. So we are both worthless but also a bounty of worth. If you see worth in yourself, or other people, GOOD! My only argument towards the concept of worth is that it is precisely that. A concept. Without man, worth is meaningless. Objectively, nothing is worth anything. In a larger scheme of things, planets are crushed, stars implode, galaxies are consumed by an intangible amount of gravity concentrated in one point, without a single nod to their worth.


Why not just recommend the Aokigahara Forest, if life and worth has no meaning? If there is no meaning, why even exist at all?


You still didn't answer my question, who or what are you? Sure our body is an anatomical-wonder, but I want you to explain to me the sense of self animating the form--is that you, or another product of the physical body?


He's going to say the brain. The electric impulses in the brain allow us to move.

Although there was one experiment that was done on me, and other users please don't attack me for this (I know I have mood issues, however I am not delusional when it comes to my lucid dreams). I had an EEG once, and the EEG said I fainted, yet somehow, I was able to pull off a WILD during the EEG and even used dream spying during the EEG. I still don't understand how I was able to do this, either the EEG machine wasn't working, or I was somehow functioning in another area of the brain they couldn't detect at that time.

Wow this is so sad, you just ran off and hid from us. There is really no need to run off and hide.


Lucide, I really find your desire to answer questions directed towards other people irritating.
Again here you go off on a tangent about how I might as well tell people to kill themselves, are you going to try to tell me I'm responsible for people killing themselves again too? :shock:

Fainting isn't the same as brain death. It doesn't surprise me that it's possible to have a lucid dream in that state. Also I don't know what that entire story has to do with anything.

What's with the salty ad hominem attacks? Clearly you don't agree with me, and that's fine, but don't try to claim I'm afraid because I have other obligations in life rather than an online forum. Attack my points rather than attacking the person behind them. This website is for sharing ideas and learning, not getting butthurt and calling names.
Good luck,
Dream on.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4210
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 01:43

The sense of self does not animate the body. The sense of self is just that, a SENSE produced by the brain; a user illusion or identity fiction because, if a physical system is capable of become aware of its surroundings through sensory input and the integration of information gestalt, it can also, inevitably, become aware of itself.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this in the Off-topic section. It's called, 'The Shocking Truth'. The self---as a soul residing in a physical vessel---does not exist. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Domintheos
Posts: 47
Joined: 06 Apr 2017 17:06
Contact:

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby Domintheos » 07 Apr 2017 01:58

Summerlander wrote:The sense of self does not animate the body. The sense of self is just that, a SENSE produced by the brain; a user illusion or identity fiction because, if a physical system is capable of become aware of its surroundings through sensory input and the integration of information gestalt, it can also, inevitably, become aware of itself.

There is a whole thread dedicated to this in the Off-topic section. It's called, 'The Shocking Truth'. The self---as a soul residing in a physical vessel---does not exist. 8-)


There's a clear cut difference between awareness, and consciousness. Also, I did not mean the sense of self, which would be ego--animates the body.
The soul is a greater sense of self, the complete opposite of ego; and you'd have to believe in some sort of after life, or know there's one to understand the theory of a soul. I'm no expert on anatomy and biology, but I do agree that electricity and other "physical" processes and energies are what powers the physical body; but the "animating" aspect of any life-form isn't the energy that powers the vessel, but something else.

The belief or gnosis of having a soul is relative to the individual, and I won't disagree with you if you believe--or even know that you don't have one; but to say that it doesn't exist at all, is unproven as well.
Lucid Dreaming is Life.

lucidé
Posts: 587
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Occult Dream Theory

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 02:01

DreamerMan99 wrote:
Lucide, I really find your desire to answer questions directed towards other people irritating.
Again here you go off on a tangent about how I might as well tell people to kill themselves, are you going to try to tell me I'm responsible for people killing themselves again too? :shock:


No I won't this time. You think life is worth nothing, I personally think it's the perfect thing for you to preach. Life is nothing it's not worth it.


Fainting isn't the same as brain death. It doesn't surprise me that it's possible to have a lucid dream in that state. Also I don't know what that entire story has to do with anything.

I sure had a heck of an argument before when I mentioned this previously years ago.

What's with the salty ad hominem attacks? Clearly you don't agree with me, and that's fine, but don't try to claim I'm afraid because I have other obligations in life rather than an online forum. Attack my points rather than attacking the person behind them. This website is for sharing ideas and learning, not getting butthurt and calling names.


I should have been way more clear with my post and I wasn't. I wasn't referring to you hiding, I was referring to the other user. He was active for a while and then he went into hiding because Summerlander and you were arguing against him.

There's a clear cut difference between awareness, and consciousness. Also, I did not mean the sense of self, which would be ego--animates the body.
The soul is a greater sense of self, the complete opposite of ego; and you'd have to believe in some sort of after life, or know there's one to understand the theory of a soul. I'm no expert on anatomy and biology, but I do agree that electricity and other "physical" processes and energies are what powers the physical body; but the "animating" aspect of any life-form isn't the energy that powers the vessel, but something else.
The belief or gnosis of having a soul is relative to the individual, and I won't disagree with you if you believe--or even know that you don't have one; but to say that it doesn't exist at all, is unproven as well.


The body seems to work just fine during a lucid dream, correct? It seems to work while you are unconscious, correct?
As for my position, I would prefer not to answer. However, I know it is the brain and organs that makes the body work.
Last edited by lucidé on 07 Apr 2017 02:12, edited 2 times in total.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests