I believe I had my first lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Clandestine

I believe I had my first lucid dream

Postby Clandestine » 27 May 2018 15:25

I will share what I believe to be my first lucid dream experience however I noticed that I forgot some of the details.

Firstly, there is a bit of referencing from this videogame I play sometimes. It's called Left 4 Dead 2 or L4D2 for short. It's a 4 player co-op zombie shooter game and the main four characters are called Ellis, Rochelle, Coach and Nick, and one of the zombie characters is called a Charger which is this giant with one giant arm and one tiny arm that charges at you in the game. You can google what all of these characters look like.

It started on this boat with the four L4D2 survivors and a random boat driver. I was Nick because I usually play as him when I get the chance lol. So the boat was going strait ahead and was about to crash into land but all the survivors jumped off. We were in this river and we saw this jerry can (which is a common item found in the game). And I know it doesn't make any sense, but I believe the reason we were trying to get the jerry can was because it had water in it. We walked over to the jerry can and opened it up and there was nothing in it. Then there was this charger and he was randomly hoping a cup of water, the cup intentionally had text that said water on it, in his big arm and sipping it lol. Then Ellis got all mad and started trying to take the cup from him but he couldn't. The charger started chasing ellis around and he had to climb up a tree. I can't really describe where I was except that I was in this forest and it looked kind of unrealistic like video game graphics instead of real life. This is the point where I THINK I became lucid because I THINK I just randomly said I was dreaming. Suddenly, the dream became more vivid. The first thing I did was bring my hand up and look at how real it was. Then I just walked around. And then I saw this little girl which mostly black demonic eyes. She was kind of creeping me out, I didn't freak out but it was mildly disturbing so I said outloud for her to go away. And she did but she kept coming back. It was difficult to make her go away for good. I was walking around casually, and there was this really loud and annoying background noise (which I believe to be music playing in the background in real life) and I tried hard to tell it to be quiet/silent but it wouldn't go away. I was at this table with 2 dream characters, one was male wearing some type of green outfit, 2 was female which I don't really remember looked like or I would just be filling in the details. I was sitting there and I said outloud in my dream "show me what I'll look like in (time)", I don't remember the specific time but I was curious to see if a version of me in the future would show up but I believe the female character distracted me. The male character was being annoying so I told him to shut up and then I asked why he was listening to me, he said he didn't want to make me mad. Then I made him disappear, I know, ruthless. Finally, there was this TV which I didn't even realize was there until then and it was playing something really loud that was geting louder and louder, I said to turn it off but that's when I woke up. I believe that my mind was coming awake and so the music that was playing on tv in my room in real life, I was becoming more aware of, which is why I heard it at the end of my dream. and I believe that annoying noise I could hear but couldn't successfully tell to quiet was the same music playing but I was still sleeping. While I was waking up, the dream vision faded to black and I realized my eyes were closed. Opened them up and saw that I was awake. That's what it feels like to wake up from a lucid dream I think.

During this dream, it felt like I could see, although not like in real life. It still looked like dream vision except more vivid if you're wondering. I could obviously hear because I was getting annoying. I could normally talk with dream characters and I could say outloud commands to my dream. However, I never got the chance to feel/touch anything or taste anything. I know for a fact that if this was a lucid dream, it was a low lucidity at best. If it was a high lucidity, I would be able to see more clearly, and I think, feel/touch and taste. I feel like during this dream, I still wasn't conscious enough to really make it fun which is why when I woke up and though it was a lucid dream, I wasn't too excited about it. I wish I was more conscious during it and able to see more clearly then I would have tired to do more things.

deanh89

Re: I believe I had my first lucid dream

Postby deanh89 » 27 May 2018 17:01

I had my first lucid dream a few days ago, and yours sounds like exactly how I felt too, I knew I was dreaming and I was being chased by a dog, this angry Rottweiler, I wasn't scared because it was a dream and i knew I was dreaming. I was trying to fly away but I was just floating up and floating back down again, it didn't last long at all but I wasn't excited or anything and I didn't feel a lot or taste anything, and when I woke up I knew it was a lucid dream but felt a bit confused. I think mine was a low level lucid dream and maybe yours was too. But I felt the same in mine it was all a bit dreamy, like it wasn't totally clear. Maybe they get better the more you have and I'm hoping that too. Good luck

LDer Charles

Re: I believe I had my first lucid dream

Postby LDer Charles » 28 May 2018 21:55

Clandestine wrote:I will share what I believe to be my first lucid dream experience however I noticed that I forgot some of the details.

Firstly, there is a bit of referencing from this videogame I play sometimes. It's called Left 4 Dead 2 or L4D2 for short. It's a 4 player co-op zombie shooter game and the main four characters are called Ellis, Rochelle, Coach and Nick, and one of the zombie characters is called a Charger which is this giant with one giant arm and one tiny arm that charges at you in the game. You can google what all of these characters look like.

It started on this boat with the four L4D2 survivors and a random boat driver. I was Nick because I usually play as him when I get the chance lol. So the boat was going strait ahead and was about to crash into land but all the survivors jumped off. We were in this river and we saw this jerry can (which is a common item found in the game). And I know it doesn't make any sense, but I believe the reason we were trying to get the jerry can was because it had water in it. We walked over to the jerry can and opened it up and there was nothing in it. Then there was this charger and he was randomly hoping a cup of water, the cup intentionally had text that said water on it, in his big arm and sipping it lol. Then Ellis got all mad and started trying to take the cup from him but he couldn't. The charger started chasing ellis around and he had to climb up a tree. I can't really describe where I was except that I was in this forest and it looked kind of unrealistic like video game graphics instead of real life. This is the point where I THINK I became lucid because I THINK I just randomly said I was dreaming. Suddenly, the dream became more vivid. The first thing I did was bring my hand up and look at how real it was. Then I just walked around. And then I saw this little girl which mostly black demonic eyes. She was kind of creeping me out, I didn't freak out but it was mildly disturbing so I said outloud for her to go away. And she did but she kept coming back. It was difficult to make her go away for good. I was walking around casually, and there was this really loud and annoying background noise (which I believe to be music playing in the background in real life) and I tried hard to tell it to be quiet/silent but it wouldn't go away. I was at this table with 2 dream characters, one was male wearing some type of green outfit, 2 was female which I don't really remember looked like or I would just be filling in the details. I was sitting there and I said outloud in my dream "show me what I'll look like in (time)", I don't remember the specific time but I was curious to see if a version of me in the future would show up but I believe the female character distracted me. The male character was being annoying so I told him to shut up and then I asked why he was listening to me, he said he didn't want to make me mad. Then I made him disappear, I know, ruthless. Finally, there was this TV which I didn't even realize was there until then and it was playing something really loud that was geting louder and louder, I said to turn it off but that's when I woke up. I believe that my mind was coming awake and so the music that was playing on tv in my room in real life, I was becoming more aware of, which is why I heard it at the end of my dream. and I believe that annoying noise I could hear but couldn't successfully tell to quiet was the same music playing but I was still sleeping. While I was waking up, the dream vision faded to black and I realized my eyes were closed. Opened them up and saw that I was awake. That's what it feels like to wake up from a lucid dream I think.

During this dream, it felt like I could see, although not like in real life. It still looked like dream vision except more vivid if you're wondering. I could obviously hear because I was getting annoying. I could normally talk with dream characters and I could say outloud commands to my dream. However, I never got the chance to feel/touch anything or taste anything. I know for a fact that if this was a lucid dream, it was a low lucidity at best. If it was a high lucidity, I would be able to see more clearly, and I think, feel/touch and taste. I feel like during this dream, I still wasn't conscious enough to really make it fun which is why when I woke up and though it was a lucid dream, I wasn't too excited about it. I wish I was more conscious during it and able to see more clearly then I would have tired to do more things.

Hi Clandestine! Good job having a lucid dream. It seems like you actually had a pretty prolonged dream with a lot of components to it which is very good for a first LD.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”