Dream Signs

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deanh89

Dream Signs

Postby deanh89 » 29 May 2018 12:27

I've been reviewing my dreams in my journal, and I can't seem to find a dream sign, everything seems totally random and there's nothing reoccurring or similar in any of them. So how could i do a reality check when a dream sign occurs in waking life? any tips anyone?

Petal

Re: Dream Signs

Postby Petal » 29 May 2018 16:54

By dream sign, you mean something that tells your dreaming, so you can become more lucid? I use dream signs in lots of ways but I don’t really know the current and common ways lucid dreamers use signs. Don’t you set an intention before you sleep of somethings to look out for? Like I will tell my self to dream of eating proper french croissants. I like them but can’t eat too many in real life because of slight allergy to wheat. I’ll be I don’t know in a Roman market or other random place, thinking I ain’t got any money (which it a pretty normal everyday thought for me although it’s not always true) and I really fancy that Cornish pastie cause it looks like a croissant. Then, Hello I’m dreaming, let’s the steal that Cornish pastie and see what happens cause it’s only a dream. At this point the Cornish pastie might change into a croissant then I absolutely know I’m dreaming. I get real pissed if nothing exciting happens afterI’ve stolen it, then start doing all sorts of stupid crap to try and provoke an interesting happening in my dream.

For me there are lots of things from my student days in London that tell me I’m dreaming. Stuff I used to enjoy or was interested in but don’t do any more. For example train or underground travel as I usually drive myself now. If I find myself floating over a train track, I also kind of follow it to go to London. I’m like okay, I’m flying or riding the train to London again without no good reason - Must Be Dreaming. London transport or getting on the EuroStar to Paris. The Tower of London, St. Paul’s the Eiffel Tower, all tall places, I’ve one point in my life climbed up to the highest point the public can go in real life. Even places closer to home that are tall and I’ve know in the passed. Coventry cathedral tower, even the top floor restaurant at Rackhams in Birmingham, I’ve jumped from all of these places. Any tall building really is fair game once I’ve done a proper reality check. I’ve also found myself using google earth to scout on tall buildings or even just ones with interesting roofs. There used to be an Waterstones bookshop in Birmingham in a grand Victorian bank building with a beautiful old staircase and fancy glass skylight. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve found myself there looking through books for esoteric info, then trying to fly and smash my though that skylight. Last time I was there I had a fight with some dudes wearing star wars costumes. It a clothes store now in real life. I was mift when I found that out, but the new Birmingham New Street station nearby seems like a good target for different fun.
I guess what I’m trying to suggest is, think of things that already capture your interests but are not part of your everyday experiences. When you go on a trip some place new, look around and imagine what you could get up to if it was an astral/lucid dream destination and you had your full lucid superpowers kit going on. The more creative you get in real life with your reality checks, the more funny your lucid dreams become. Of at least that’s my experience. To be honest I’ve long since stopped caring if I’m properly lucid or not. If I’m lucid great, I’ll do my best to make the experience last longer. If not and I just waken up from an awesome normal dream, I’ll continue it in my imagination. I can often flip in and out of lucidity all night if I play it that way, adding, exploring and corrupting the meaning of dreams symbols/signs as I go along. Sometimes I even look up dream symbols in the middle of night, then gone back to sleep with the intention of dreaming it again to get more out of it with fresh insight I’ve gain from the internet.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

deanh89

Postby deanh89 » 29 May 2018 18:01

Thanks for the advice, I've never tried to tell myself to dream of somthing but I'll try it tonight. I just assumed a dream sign was somthing reoccurring in dreams that you can notice but your advice sounds good, looking forward to trying it out. thanks

Petal

Postby Petal » 29 May 2018 18:59

Good luck. Let us know if you have any success. It might take a few nights of trying.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”