Having problems where paralysis actually crosses over into the dream.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Qrackhead

Having problems where paralysis actually crosses over into the dream.

Postby Qrackhead » 05 Jul 2018 21:22

Hey new to this forum, but not to lucid dreaming.
Been going at it for a couple of years, but only recently have I really started to go lucid almost every night.
I guess I don't use any particular technique, but over the years I've really worked on my dream recall and reality checking and it seems to have paid off.

However, recently I've noticed that a lot of the time during my lucid dreams I either become completely paralysed, or I feel like I'm incredibly drunk - you know, the kind of drunk where you keep falling over and can barely control your extremities. Oddly enough, it's not scary or frightening, just more annoying as now I've finally reached this stage and I can't even enjoy it most of the time :(

Anyone else have this problem? Or any solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

aFish

Re: Having problems where paralysis actually crosses over into the dream.

Postby aFish » 21 Oct 2018 04:37

I get this too sometimes. It always happens when I have stayed up too late and sleep in too long. Its akin to this kind of half awake half asleep state where you feel confused. It's a reflection of your consciousness. You can experience sleep paralysis, but be in a dream so you feel paralyzed or drunk. What you can do is trying to wake up and staying awake for awhile so you wake up more fully. When you go back to sleep you will be more awake, and this will reflect into your dream consciousness too.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”