Have I just lucid dreamed?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Alinek

Have I just lucid dreamed?

Postby Alinek » 16 Jul 2018 03:51

So, I started to dream about being in school, but then I realised I have 1,5 month left until I go to school again. So I was wondering: Is this a dream? What am I doing here with others? As soon as I started thinking about that I immediately started breathing deeply, then I pushed into my nemesis and as soon as I did that I woke up. I have read that too muh excitement or nervosity wakes me up in a dream. So, was this a lucid dream?

R99

Re: Have I just lucid dreamed?

Postby R99 » 18 Jul 2018 05:26

Yes its a lucid dream.. Your excitement made you awake.
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Clandestine

Re: Have I just lucid dreamed?

Postby Clandestine » 23 Jul 2018 22:43

Alinek wrote:So, I started to dream about being in school, but then I realised I have 1,5 month left until I go to school again. So I was wondering: Is this a dream? What am I doing here with others? As soon as I started thinking about that I immediately started breathing deeply, then I pushed into my nemesis and as soon as I did that I woke up. I have read that too muh excitement or nervosity wakes me up in a dream. So, was this a lucid dream?

I'm a beginner LD and have only had low lucidity dreams but it wasn't difficult for me to tell when I had my first LD.
I would be following some random dream plot and literally for no reason I would become aware. These are called DILDs, but most of these for me at least, are for literally no reason. I've only had one that actually had a reason. But anyway, once you become "aware", it's like you just notice that you're watching a dream, and sometimes you notice your arms/hands and it's a nice experience. The dream should look more vivid and clear.

Notice that I never said anything consciousness because you only have that in the highest lucidity dreams as far as I can tell. Consciousness would mean, well consciousness, the experience would be exactly like real life you're in your own world and can do whatever you want. I highly, highly doubt you would have such a high lucidity dream as your first LD unless of course, you're a natural LDing God.

You also probably gain a tiny bit of choice and control in the dream, but still without consciousness. For me it seems like it's your sub conscious simulating what you would do if you were fully yourself in the dream. So once you become lucid, instead of following the dream logic, you start doing common stuff you heard about doing in LDing, like flying, having sex, or generally trying to command the dream. I don't know if this is accurate but it doesn't feel right to say you actually have your own control when you're at a low level of lucidity. But I have noticed that as I keep filling my dream journal everyday, the LDs get more vivid and clearer and I have more of this "false control" in the dream so maybe there will be a point where I have so much control that I just snap into high lucidity and can actually think about what I want to do.

Don't get me wrong though, eventually after tons of practice and experience, you should be able to have a high lucidity conscious dream so you can do whatever you want but you probably will only experience awareness in your LDs for a while. That's the experience that everyone believes in achieving when they try to LD.

One more thing, Lucid dreaming only means to be aware that you're dreaming, not have control. Look up the definition if you have to. But a lot of sources will imply that it means to have control. The base definition is just knowing you're dreaming or having awareness. Having control is just a possibility.

This is just my personal experience, hope it helped.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”