Fear of lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mccallumpeter

Fear of lucid dream

Postby mccallumpeter » 22 Jul 2018 08:49

I have experianced many lucid dreams, but they come to me randomly. I can never make myself lucid dream, just occasionally I "wake up" and realize im in a dream then I go from there.
I have made attempts to lucid dream on command. But for some reason when I feel like Im about to sleep, i feel a dark presence near me. I have never experianced sleep paralysis however I feel whenever I attempt to lucid dream on command i feel like I will be prone to sleep paralysis.
Is this just a fear I have to overcome? Should I try to overcome it? Has anyone had simular experiances?

Solaris_142

Re: Fear of lucid dream

Postby Solaris_142 » 03 Aug 2018 16:34

mccallumpeter wrote:I have experianced many lucid dreams, but they come to me randomly. I can never make myself lucid dream, just occasionally I "wake up" and realize im in a dream then I go from there.
I have made attempts to lucid dream on command. But for some reason when I feel like Im about to sleep, i feel a dark presence near me. I have never experianced sleep paralysis however I feel whenever I attempt to lucid dream on command i feel like I will be prone to sleep paralysis.
Is this just a fear I have to overcome? Should I try to overcome it? Has anyone had simular experiances?

Yeah it's just something you have to learn to overcome. It's just a dream. There isn't anything to fear from it. Dreams are basically thoughts. Your thoughts can't hurt you unless your thoughts lead to you going out and doing something stupid that gets you into trouble or hurt yourself or others in a physical sense.

It sounds like what you are experiencing is what a lot of people describe when they get into SP. Or trying to WILD.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”