Too good to be true

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
JTR

Too good to be true

Postby JTR » 31 Aug 2018 00:00

"Lucid dreams can be very conscious and vivid, doing whatever you desire with enough experience/practice, where your imaginations are the only limit." <-What I've learned so far about LD, and a lot of other little details

How real is it compared to waking life, I asked on the internet, and the answer I got was "Take a look around yourself, your consciousness, all the little details, the way you interact with other things and other people. That is how real it could be, or even more real than that. You could be in a lucid dream right now asking this question without even realizing it." Which I believe, but the most I've achieved so far is a semi-lucid dream, where I asked myself if i was dreaming, and I quickly denied it,because it didn't feel like a dream. ( Entire dream lasted no more than 30 seconds, I think..)

Without being able to achieve a Lucid Dream so far, what I believe in sounds way too good to be true, that you could have everything that defines you(your consciousness, thought process, memories, five senses etc...) in a fantasy world created by your subconscious during lucid dreaming. It just sounds way too good to be true. I believe that it could be true, but without experiencing a highly lucid dream myself yet, it just sounds unreal to me.

I need someone with experience to let me know about what they think, giving me the confidence to keep practicing it, hoping to achieve this.
Because there is so much I want to experience and do in my own little universe.

Thanks a whole whole lot!

torakrubik

Re: Too good to be true

Postby torakrubik » 01 Sep 2018 00:01

I'm happy to confirm that this level of detail is absolutely achievable! Practising dream stabilisation techniques and learning to focus can create an entirely realistic environment, as real as waking reality to your senses. It's an incredible feeling to look around and realise you are in a dream but it's all so detailed.
However it will likely take a fair bit of practice to regularly experience this quality of lucid dream. But in my opinion, it is 100% worth the effort :D best of luck with your endeavours.
Dreaming is my drug

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Sep 2018 01:52

JTR wrote:"Lucid dreams can be very conscious and vivid, doing whatever you desire with enough experience/practice, where your imaginations are the only limit." <-What I've learned so far about LD, and a lot of other little details

How real is it compared to waking life, I asked on the internet, and the answer I got was "Take a look around yourself, your consciousness, all the little details, the way you interact with other things and other people. That is how real it could be, or even more real than that. You could be in a lucid dream right now asking this question without even realizing it." Which I believe, but the most I've achieved so far is a semi-lucid dream, where I asked myself if i was dreaming, and I quickly denied it,because it didn't feel like a dream. ( Entire dream lasted no more than 30 seconds, I think..)

Without being able to achieve a Lucid Dream so far, what I believe in sounds way too good to be true, that you could have everything that defines you(your consciousness, thought process, memories, five senses etc...) in a fantasy world created by your subconscious during lucid dreaming. It just sounds way too good to be true. I believe that it could be true, but without experiencing a highly lucid dream myself yet, it just sounds unreal to me.

I need someone with experience to let me know about what they think, giving me the confidence to keep practicing it, hoping to achieve this.

Welcome to lucid dreaming! :)

No it is not too good to be true. It's very true. And the way your emotions are reflected in the dream environment in a way that they are not in the waking environment. The dream can become hyper real and beautiful in a way that is difficult to describe. A quote from Stephen Laberge. "Those who taste know."

I have had that experience of being in a non lucid dream and talking to someone about lucid dreaming. And then showing said person how a reality check is done. And then being shocked when the reality check shows me that it's in fact a dream at that moment. It's an awesome way to get lucid.

Reading through some of my old lucids recently I came across one where I was just in awe at how real a kitchen was. I was just looking around at the details of evverything in the kitchen. Even opening the refrigerator and looking at what was inside. A bag of hambugur buns lol.

And another one where I had gotten lucid spontaneously and I was standing out in the street looking around wondering why I even knew I was dreaming because everything was as perfectly real as could be. Even the jacket I was wearing bulging with the gloves I had in my pockets. And watching a train riding along the tracks. I knew I was dreaming no doubt about it. But I had no idea why I knew. Kind of Funny because have had plenty of other times where I struggled to believe it and had to keep doing RC's to convince myself it's true. Those moments are always humorous.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

JTR

Postby JTR » 02 Sep 2018 03:15

torakrubik wrote:I'm happy to confirm that this level of detail is absolutely achievable! Practising dream stabilisation techniques and learning to focus can create an entirely realistic environment, as real as waking reality to your senses. It's an incredible feeling to look around and realise you are in a dream but it's all so detailed.
However it will likely take a fair bit of practice to regularly experience this quality of lucid dream. But in my opinion, it is 100% worth the effort :D best of luck with your endeavours.

Really appreciate your reply, now I believe it even more!

Thank you very very much!

JTR

Postby JTR » 02 Sep 2018 03:17

Solaris_142 wrote:
JTR wrote:"Lucid dreams can be very conscious and vivid, doing whatever you desire with enough experience/practice, where your imaginations are the only limit." <-What I've learned so far about LD, and a lot of other little details

Welcome to lucid dreaming! :)

No it is not too good to be true. It's very true. And the way your emotions are reflected in the dream environment in a way that they are not in the waking environment. The dream can become hyper real and beautiful in a way that is difficult to describe. A quote from Stephen Laberge. "Those who taste know."

I have had that experience of being in a non lucid dream and talking to someone about lucid dreaming. And then showing said person how a reality check is done. And then being shocked when the reality check shows me that it's in fact a dream at that moment. It's an awesome way to get lucid.

Reading through some of my old lucids recently I came across one where I was just in awe at how real a kitchen was. I was just looking around at the details of evverything in the kitchen. Even opening the refrigerator and looking at what was inside. A bag of hambugur buns lol.

And another one where I had gotten lucid spontaneously and I was standing out in the street looking around wondering why I even knew I was dreaming because everything was as perfectly real as could be. Even the jacket I was wearing bulging with the gloves I had in my pockets. And watching a train riding along the tracks. I knew I was dreaming no doubt about it. But I had no idea why I knew. Kind of Funny because have had plenty of other times where I struggled to believe it and had to keep doing RC's to convince myself it's true. Those moments are always humorous.

That sounds no difference compared to waking reality, sounds really really cool!!
It was quite funny when you said you were taking to someone about lucid dreaming in a non lucid dream.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

heloise

Postby heloise » 08 Sep 2018 11:35

The more you'll be convinced that this is possible, the easiest it will be for you, as everything starts inside your mind and awareness of yourself.
For example, sometimes I struggle to fly high during a LD, it feels like a real physical effort to take some altitude.
But sometimes I will just think that this is easy as walking and I will fly out from earth really fast getting a little panic attack (like yesterday night) :o :lol:

heloise

Postby heloise » 08 Sep 2018 11:38

I had the totally opposite experience, I woke up from a lucid dream and started to share it to my family at family dinner, then I woke up and understood I shared my LD with dream characters!

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Sep 2018 13:10

heloise wrote:
I had the totally opposite experience, I woke up from a lucid dream and started to share it to my family at family dinner, then I woke up and understood I shared my LD with dream characters!

Oh yeah I know what you mean. I've had false awakenings like that as well. Being all excited about the dream and then going and telling someone about it only to find out it was still a dream! It's both amusing and annoying when that happens lol. I've never been very good at catching false awakenings. I have to get better at making sure to RC every time I wake up right at the moment of waking.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”