Feelings within lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SteveB

Feelings within lucidity

Postby SteveB » 21 Jan 2019 19:21

I'm up to about 20 lucid dreams, still can't fly higher than a lamp post but that's not what this post is about. :D

In last nights lucid I had experiance of feelings.
a) When I first flew I felt the warm sun on me.
b) I was flying across water & my feet dipped into the water as I flew & it felt just as you would expect it to. Warm & wet.
c) I was doing some Spiderman wall climbing & I could feel the texture of the wall beneath my hands.

I've never really experianced feelings like this before, is this common?
I actually signed up here eons ago but couldn't get logged in hence new account.
Not sure why I feel the need to share this.

It's also my belief that when we dream we do actually go somewhere...

Moxie

Re: Feelings within lucidity

Postby Moxie » 23 Jan 2019 04:36

I can feel these things in regular dreams depending on how clear/vivid they are and how attentive I am. But within lucidity, it is much, much more prominent and realistic. My first lucid dream I was in a desert, and I could definitely feel the desert heat and the dry wind. But when I went over by the oasis, I could feel the chilly/cooler temperature from the shade (the oasis was surrounded by giant rocks). The water felt different than waking-life water, though. It was slightly more viscous almost like gel when I touched it with my hand, but when I put my face in it, it was like regular water. I feel like things in a lucid dream just feel so much more extraordinary than in regular dreams and waking-life.

SteveB

Postby SteveB » 23 Jan 2019 13:40

Ahh thanks for replying, interesting you have always been aware of feelings in regular dreams. To me that is a big no. I've never questioned it in dreams it's just not there.

In fact you've just reminded me of one lucid dream where I wanted to dive into the sea & explore & did so but did not feel any feeling of wetness, I guess with my lucid a couple of nights back & feeling feelings I'm getting better :-)
I actually signed up here eons ago but couldn't get logged in hence new account.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » 24 Jan 2019 07:11

Maybe you do this already, but I think a good technique to acquire and strengthen the skill of feeling things in dreams, is to really take the time of feeling them in your waking life (:
For example, if you're doing a reality check or just happen to think about dreaming, stop for a minute or two and touch things to see how they really feel, how they smell, how they taste (if you're eating something) and how they feel in your mouth, etc. Even how they make you feel emotionally. Not only does it develop the skill of being able to feel things in dreams, but it's also very grounding in a lucid dream. Good luck!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 26 Jan 2019 16:29

I think we are all have our own dream ways. I feel no wetness when I do body flying and dive into water for a swim, but feel the wetness and temperature when I jump in from the ground. Example: Two nights ego I was crossing a bridge to go in to a house and I was wondering if the water was cold. Next I jump with my clothing into the water once inside I was naked and found the water just right to swim about. I got out and walked in to the house . In the front room a few young woman were lying on the floor and started giggling and making remarks about my body. I was still naked. I also eat a fair amount in my dreams. Except the food can be eaten but never tasting really great. I have every evening a bottle of beer, but in my dreams I hardly ever get a beer and never a full glass, plus no taste. I seldom get lucid. I have a good recall and as I am an old man living alone in a small flat I am living at night when I am young and no physical barriers stop me. My mantra which I started same time ego works for me. ""I will be awake while my body sleeps."" :)

SteveB

Postby SteveB » 26 Jan 2019 18:19

I'm like that with the no taste as well.

The other night I was sick in a lucid dream. If I was lucid why was I sick you may ask?
Yeah well doing things when your lucid does lead to a reaction.

So I was sick & aware that there was no taste, I didn't have the usual stomach cramp you get when sick. I just felt the particles passing through my mouth.

I don't recall ever eating or drinking within lucidity. Never occurs to me, must give it a try.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”