Dream Control -Changing scenery

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Crane25

Dream Control -Changing scenery

Postby Crane25 » 04 Dec 2018 22:10

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m having lucid dreams nearly every night (and remember at least one dream a night) and I’m working on dream control. I can summon people and control my own body pretty decently (I frequently go flying) but I’ve been having trouble changing the scenery. I did it once or twice a few years ago when I first started lucid dreaming but recently I haven’t been able to do it at all. I try to do it by either turning around and expecting it to change, or by sort of “closing my eyes” in the dream and reopening them and expecting a different location, but neither of those are working.
What are some of your techniques?
this is a load of barnacles

QueenMary

Re: Dream Control -Changing scenery

Postby QueenMary » 19 Dec 2018 12:05

I also lucid dream every single night and am gonna share the best advice that I’ve ever got that I use each time. Try going outside, looking up at the sky and saying “landscape”. I always hear a “shift” of some sort, like the dream itself is directing attention to me. Then say “show me the ocean” or “make it daytime” (if it’s nihht and vice versa). It works for me every time and am curious if it works for you too.

Caramel

Re: Dream Control -Changing scenery

Postby Caramel » 22 Dec 2018 11:56

Hi Crane

Having experimented with this, I found that the ‘lazy’ techniques didn’t work for me either. I had to make some effort in order for it to work. I suspect that’s because, on some level, I didn’t believe that changing something as huge as a whole landscape could be achieved by simply ‘blinking with expectation’.

What did work was putting my hands together in front of my face (like a prayer). I’d then slowly move my hands apart pushing the existing scene to the left and right, and bringing a new scene into view. I did this very slowly and forcibly (as if I were really pushing something heavy aside). The scene I was looking at was a traffic accident and I didn’t want it in my dream.

I think it’s a case of experimentation until you find something that works for you. Hopefully with lots of practice, you’ll find a technique that isn’t too complex and time-consuming.
Swallowed by the seductive night

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”