SSILD Sensation induced lucid dream, i’m Having trouble with this an was hoping for some advice if possible

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Funman1232

SSILD Sensation induced lucid dream, i’m Having trouble with this an was hoping for some advice if possible

Postby Funman1232 » 31 Dec 2018 19:01

Alright, i’ve Been trying this technique for months and it hasn’t really worked or produced only lackluster results, so i’m Thinking i’m Really missing something crucial here since i’m Messing up the idiot proof technique.

I’ve struggled a little with getting up to do it at night: Fixed

Managing to get through the technique before falling asleep: Fixed

Trying to hard on the technique: Fixed

Having stress and frustration with the technique: Fixed recently

Learning to relax: Much better

It’s really bothering me that i’ve Gone over this method, know it really well after using it soo many times, but it just won’t seem to work. Do have any advice or ideas that could help me here possibly. If you want more clarification on the issue, just ask.

jennifer

Re: SSILD Sensation induced lucid dream, i’m Having trouble with this an was hoping for some advice if possible

Postby jennifer » 31 Dec 2018 19:45

Hi!
I think it’s really nicely explained in this article : https://www.reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/18h2bi/ssild_official_tutorial_20/

and a quick modification in this video https://youtu.be/GRS1ETjB06w

so just read that and watch the video and see if there is anything you’ve missed. The video is from howtolucid.com

Other than that, what helps in all techniques are the basics, working on seem recall, write a dream journal, mindful reality checks, meditation during the day. Ar you working on any of all of these?
:D

Funman1232

Re: SSILD Sensation induced lucid dream, i’m Having trouble with this an was hoping for some advice if possible

Postby Funman1232 » 03 Jan 2019 21:32

Not really the meditation and reality checks, but i’ve Been using my dream journal, recording for most part on a daily basis.

I’ll try that more, thank you for the input.

Juslisne

Postby Juslisne » 19 Jan 2019 11:22

SSILD had a profound effect on my dreams for a few weeks, but the effect faded and finally reached the point where it made no difference at all.

Juslisne

Postby Juslisne » 25 Jan 2019 15:43

I forgot to say that the originator of SSILD technique, cosmiciron, has a blog now that discusses the technique.

Funman1232

Postby Funman1232 » 04 Feb 2019 22:47

Just wanted to clear up the issues with the technique with me.

The reasons why it’s so difficult for me is the fact that I overthink a lot makes it difficult to settle down and just drift off to sleep.

I’ve been fixing that a lot recently and feel it’s in a place to let me lucid dream now with the method.

Another reason is me trying to force myself to sleep, I didn’t completely realize it at the time, but I have a fairly negative attitude toward sleep and I feel it’s sabotaging what i’m Doing.

The method from what I understand works fine, i’m the one who keeps messing it up, hope for progress on the technique soon, thanks for the support.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Feb 2019 07:33

sleep is sabotaging your efforts, what you are trying to do in a WILD is watch yourself go to sleep. one part of you mind observing the other going to sleep and then putting your awareness into that other world.

Just chill and don't push anything for a few days, this relaxing can work well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”