Charles Morley: NILDs

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Summerlander

Charles Morley: NILDs

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jun 2018 16:55

Charlie Morley is doing a great job in urging people to recognise the opportunities presented by nightmares when they occur ...

There is also such a thing as nightmare-initiated lucid dreams (NILDs).

NILDs are essentially dream-initiated lucid dreams (DILDs) where the trigger for lucidity---or dream cue---is an unpleasant or terrifying situation. That would make NILD a subcategory if we must distinctly define the way lucid dreams are induced.

I have done this before where I've said to myself that if unpleasant events are perceived I must perform a reality check or assume I'm dreaming straight away.

The really terrifying situations are more likely to be dreams. The prep for NILDs is the same for DILDs with the aforementioned caveat that nightmarish events are identified as dream signs.

So you would still be helping yourself by recording and getting to know your dreams besides getting into the habit of checking reality.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”