Lucid Dreaming with Aphantesia

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
PurpleDreamer

Lucid Dreaming with Aphantesia

Postby PurpleDreamer » 10 Jul 2018 15:07

So I have Aphantesia and for those of you who aren't familiar with the term, it means that I am unable to visualize anything so I can dream but I can't picture anything in my head. When I try, all I see is black. This renders most lucid dreaming methods useless. I've been trying to achieve lucidity on and off for over a year now and I still haven't achieved my first. I was wondering if any of you are familiar with induction techniques that don't require visualization.

Solaris_142

Re: Lucid Dreaming with Aphantesia

Postby Solaris_142 » 10 Jul 2018 16:52

Hello PurpleDreamer! Nice to meet you.

That is interesting. I'm sorry you have that condition... So when you remember dreams you can't see it in your mind then? I'm trying to understand what that would be like.

Maybe you just remember what you were doing in your dream?

You don't necessarily have to use visualization for doing awareness work I don't think. Though I am unfamilar with your situation. But I think in waking life you can still question if you are dreaming or not and try to stay aware of it. But I'm unsure how that would transfer into dreams where you have no visual memories of them.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 10 Jul 2018 21:09

I think there's a forum member who has Aphantasia - Jimmy. Not long ago he has started a thread to share his own experience, so you might want to take a look here: https://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20542
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

PurpleDreamer

Postby PurpleDreamer » 10 Jul 2018 23:15

@Solaris_142

I can't see anything it's all black. Whenever I remember a dream, I can remember what happened but without any imagery. It's more like a recap paragraph

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”