How to stay Lucid

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Plocky

How to stay Lucid

Postby Plocky » 26 Jul 2018 15:43

Hey,

i finally had my first lucid dream. I was looking at a morrior and noticed that i was fat (im actually pretty skinny >.>) And thought: "how did this happen? This must be a dream!"
So i counted my fingers, 6 of them. I was so hyped that i finally managed to realize that i'm dreaming. I instantly tried to burst a wall to fly out.
But in the moment i thought about the wall braking to pieces i woke up :roll:

So my quetion now is; what can i do to stay in the dream? Is there any form on technique, or do i just need to have luck or get used to the feeling?

~Plocký -thanks

BrettNortje

Re: How to stay Lucid

Postby BrettNortje » 26 Jul 2018 17:15

Plocky wrote:Hey,

i finally had my first lucid dream. I was looking at a morrior and noticed that i was fat (im actually pretty skinny >.>) And thought: "how did this happen? This must be a dream!"
So i counted my fingers, 6 of them. I was so hyped that i finally managed to realize that i'm dreaming. I instantly tried to burst a wall to fly out.

So my quetion now is; what can i do to stay in the dream? Is there any form on technique, or do i just need to have luck or get used to the feeling?

~Plocký -thanks

I remember once having a lucid dream by looking into a mirror also. At the time I was 'corrupt,' and, saw myself with a horrible nose and distorted face. Then, once I saw a huge silver back, and, of late, I ten to just disappear completely, then reappear as a 'very old looking type of thing.' Quite human in the third instance.

I think you become lucid, therefore, by stressing your senses - staring into the mirror, trying not to blink, is stress for your eyes. Focsuing on your face,of course... I am not sure about other body parts!
!! Thug Life !!

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 26 Jul 2018 18:16

Plocky wrote:Hey,

~Plocký -thanks

"How to stay lucid?"

It always confuses me when people word it like that because to me staying lucid means something different than waking up. To me staying lucid means staying aware that you are in a dream and not forgetting that you are in a dream. Forgetting that you are dreaming can sometimes happen and the dream will continue on as a non lucid dream.

Congrats on your first lucid by the way! Great job recognizing the dreamsign in the mirror. Mirrors can be so weird in dreams. :)

To answer your question there are a lot of technigues people use to try and stay in the dream. I personally don't have a lot of success with that since I usually abruptly wake up when I wake up. Sometimes I can feel it coming but most times the dream just fades out on me and I lay there awake with my eyes still closed or I just wake up. Sometimes you just have to be lucky and get lucid early in the dream. Sometimes they are very short and sometimes feel like you are there for hours. Later REM periods are generally longer so can depend on that too. I remember one time pulling myself back into a dream when I felt myself waking by focusing my attention on the flavor of a cookie that I was eating.(I remember it being the most delicious tasting cookie I ever ate.) Another time I managed to stay in a sex dream (which I normally wake from) by carrying on a conversation with the woman I was having sex with the entire time. I'm going to try that again sometime and see if it is something that will always work for lucid sex.

Some people like to touch things and focus on the feeling of what they are touching to help hold them in the dream. Some people claim to have success by looking at their hands and focusing on what their hands look like. I've never tried that actually. In stephen laberge's book "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming" They were experimenting with spinning like twirling around really fast to stay in the dream. Which I experiemented with too. It can be fun to do but some poeple report different experiences from it. Sometimes people saying it wakes them up instead because the spinning destabilizes the dream for them. Some people are able to use spinning to spin an entirely different dream scene from what they were in.

I guess you just have to experiment with different things and see what works for you. But the basic idea is focusing hard on something in the dream to keep you there. For some reason the sense of touch most commonly helps. I might try tasting things more often and focus on the flavor. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Starlia

Postby Starlia » 26 Aug 2018 15:39

My guess is the crashing wall gave you shock. Strong emotions can wake you up or in my case send you into a dream you think is you waking up.

Moonirom

Postby Moonirom » 08 Sep 2018 15:39

Hello ,

When I feel that the lucid dream is about to end and I wake up I start touching objects and focusing on some of them in particular.

Also it is very useful for me to look at my dream body to give myself stability, breathe slowly, look around and make little hopes.

I try to refrain from the desire to fly or have sex because these activities consume a lot of energy and the dream ends quickly.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”