Talking to your dream directly

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
QueenMary

Talking to your dream directly

Postby QueenMary » 19 Dec 2018 12:01

One of the techniques I do to control my dream is by talking to it directly. Some of the best advice I was ever given is what I’m about to share and I literally use it every single LD. It works every single time. Its always when I’m outside and will look up to the sky and say “landscape”. Then I will hear a “shift noise” (only way I can describe it)...like it’s shifting attention to listen. Then I give my dream a demand. For example, most often what I’ll say is, “make it daytime” and the night will turn into day right before my very eyes. I always frequently tell it to “show me the ocean”. I’ve asked, with success and sometimes not success, to make a certain person appear. Most recently I will look up and ask, “what do I need to hear right now?” And have gotten some very introspective answers. One time, a character walking by stopping to me and saying to watch my health. But I always, ALWAYS, begin by saying “landscape” and hearing it respond before giving my demand. I want to know if this works for others as well. Give it a shot and let me know!

SteveB

Re: Talking to your dream directly

Postby SteveB » 24 Jan 2019 22:47

Wow, going to add that to my lucid to do list, I'll let you know. Thanks for suggesting.
I actually signed up here eons ago but couldn't get logged in hence new account.
Not sure why I feel the need to share this.

It's also my belief that when we dream we do actually go somewhere...

troncete

Postby troncete » 21 Feb 2019 00:01

I haven't tryed that, but I get the point of giving a meaningfull name to your dreamworld like your "landscape" and when it answers, just talk to it.
Well I might be lying on that i haven't tryed it since you don't really need to directly talk to it and thinking is more or less the same, when i hit that meaningfull word on my thoughts that my "dreamscape" resonates with i don't hear any shift noise, for me, it... Quite literally resonates, the image flashes green for a milisecond, Dream characters look a little impresed looking around at the world, and then you can just think of anything you like and it will most likely ocurr.
Gonna try it your way tho.
Have you ever swam with sharks? walked beside an elephant or a bear? Talked to yourself, or to your reflection in a mirror? jumped onto a black hole? Timetraveled?
Then what are you waiting for?

FlamingJune

Postby FlamingJune » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Thanks for this tip! From reading this forum I learned to start looking at my hands and counting fingers and it has really worked for me! Now you've given me a new task to try that I'm very excited for. So far manipulating my environment has been a huge struggle for me, I've mostly just gotten down the becoming lucid part and starting to dabble in flying. Last night I had a lot of success flying but my dreamscape seemed very unstable and would sort of flicker to blackness almost like a lightbulb that's going out. Hopefully this technique will help stabilize my surroundings.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » 10 Mar 2019 02:13

This is kind of what I did with my first Lucid Dream. It's not how it was induced, but it was an activity that I did within that lucid dream. Although that is a very cool and useful tool/technique, I'll certainly remember to try this. It should make things interesting!

troncete

Postby troncete » 13 Mar 2019 22:56

Since I last read this post I've been experimenting on that kind of technique this week.
Here's what happened

Experiment 1

After a long time on a dream I had about some city where I met tons of my friends and family, my best friend and I went to party to a Square full of Pubs, he's single so I introduced him to some ladys, after another while, I went to the pub I liked the most and talked a little bit with the bartender, then i put myself half way between the entrance and the bartender, looked at the backwall and said: "Dream!(the dream shooked for a second) Save this place in case I want to come back later! I really like it" then a interesting thing happened as the sound of a Quill writing over some paper Echoed from within the dream, after this I asked for it to be night time, while it was going darker I saw Death itself walk into the pub to get a drink and then sat and watched a film about Magneto vs some DC characters on the TV with my friend untill I woke up. I'm curious to come back there since this was a couple days ago.

Experiment 2

After getting from my home village to the city I live in. On a bus for a really long time, talking to the characters during the trip, listening to music on my phone and so on, when we got off of the bus the dream started fading away, I noticed I was about to wake up and said:"Dream!Trap me in here if you can!" without even letting any time for it to shook after I said "Dream!" it shooked afterwards, it stopped fading and in fact, it started looking like any of the most vivid dreams you ever had, I explored arround the city for like 10 minutes or so, getting into some buildings, looking in awe at the skyscrapers (Asked something I really wanted to ask any dream character to 2 ladys age 18 or so, wich looked so confused by the question that it was really funny, they even ran away from me because I asked them something in regards to theyr existence when i woke up), and after another 20 mins of walking through the dreamscape my stomach began to hurt quite badly(I was Ill that day) and that woke me up in an instant.

Let's develop this tool together
Could we start trying this kind of stuff out to see what happens?
There's thousands of good phrases to say to your dream directly, we could get some good ideas and insight here.

Some request to the dreamscape I thought of are: "Dream! Surprise me!" "Dream! What do I need to see?" "Dream! What do you want me to try?" "Dream! can we just talk?"
Of course these are the ones that I'm curious to see, there's as I said a lot of things we can ask to our Dreamscape.
Anyone can think of any Dreamscape requests to share here, I will probably end up trying all of them :lol: .
Have you ever swam with sharks? walked beside an elephant or a bear? Talked to yourself, or to your reflection in a mirror? jumped onto a black hole? Timetraveled?
Then what are you waiting for?

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”