Talking to your dream directly

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
QueenMary

Talking to your dream directly

Postby QueenMary » 19 Dec 2018 12:01

One of the techniques I do to control my dream is by talking to it directly. Some of the best advice I was ever given is what I’m about to share and I literally use it every single LD. It works every single time. Its always when I’m outside and will look up to the sky and say “landscape”. Then I will hear a “shift noise” (only way I can describe it)...like it’s shifting attention to listen. Then I give my dream a demand. For example, most often what I’ll say is, “make it daytime” and the night will turn into day right before my very eyes. I always frequently tell it to “show me the ocean”. I’ve asked, with success and sometimes not success, to make a certain person appear. Most recently I will look up and ask, “what do I need to hear right now?” And have gotten some very introspective answers. One time, a character walking by stopping to me and saying to watch my health. But I always, ALWAYS, begin by saying “landscape” and hearing it respond before giving my demand. I want to know if this works for others as well. Give it a shot and let me know!

SteveB

Re: Talking to your dream directly

Postby SteveB » 24 Jan 2019 22:47

Wow, going to add that to my lucid to do list, I'll let you know. Thanks for suggesting.
I actually signed up here eons ago but couldn't get logged in hence new account.
Not sure why I feel the need to share this.

It's also my belief that when we dream we do actually go somewhere...

troncete

Postby troncete » 21 Feb 2019 00:01

I haven't tryed that, but I get the point of giving a meaningfull name to your dreamworld like your "landscape" and when it answers, just talk to it.
Well I might be lying on that i haven't tryed it since you don't really need to directly talk to it and thinking is more or less the same, when i hit that meaningfull word on my thoughts that my "dreamscape" resonates with i don't hear any shift noise, for me, it... Quite literally resonates, the image flashes green for a milisecond, Dream characters look a little impresed looking around at the world, and then you can just think of anything you like and it will most likely ocurr.
Gonna try it your way tho.
Have you ever swam with sharks? walked beside an elephant or a bear? Talked to yourself, or to your reflection in a mirror? jumped onto a black hole? Timetraveled?
Then what are you waiting for?

FlamingJune

Postby FlamingJune » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Thanks for this tip! From reading this forum I learned to start looking at my hands and counting fingers and it has really worked for me! Now you've given me a new task to try that I'm very excited for. So far manipulating my environment has been a huge struggle for me, I've mostly just gotten down the becoming lucid part and starting to dabble in flying. Last night I had a lot of success flying but my dreamscape seemed very unstable and would sort of flicker to blackness almost like a lightbulb that's going out. Hopefully this technique will help stabilize my surroundings.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » 10 Mar 2019 02:13

This is kind of what I did with my first Lucid Dream. It's not how it was induced, but it was an activity that I did within that lucid dream. Although that is a very cool and useful tool/technique, I'll certainly remember to try this. It should make things interesting!

troncete

Postby troncete » 13 Mar 2019 22:56

Since I last read this post I've been experimenting on that kind of technique this week.
Here's what happened

Experiment 1

After a long time on a dream I had about some city where I met tons of my friends and family, my best friend and I went to party to a Square full of Pubs, he's single so I introduced him to some ladys, after another while, I went to the pub I liked the most and talked a little bit with the bartender, then i put myself half way between the entrance and the bartender, looked at the backwall and said: "Dream!(the dream shooked for a second) Save this place in case I want to come back later! I really like it" then a interesting thing happened as the sound of a Quill writing over some paper Echoed from within the dream, after this I asked for it to be night time, while it was going darker I saw Death itself walk into the pub to get a drink and then sat and watched a film about Magneto vs some DC characters on the TV with my friend untill I woke up. I'm curious to come back there since this was a couple days ago.

Experiment 2

After getting from my home village to the city I live in. On a bus for a really long time, talking to the characters during the trip, listening to music on my phone and so on, when we got off of the bus the dream started fading away, I noticed I was about to wake up and said:"Dream!Trap me in here if you can!" without even letting any time for it to shook after I said "Dream!" it shooked afterwards, it stopped fading and in fact, it started looking like any of the most vivid dreams you ever had, I explored arround the city for like 10 minutes or so, getting into some buildings, looking in awe at the skyscrapers (Asked something I really wanted to ask any dream character to 2 ladys age 18 or so, wich looked so confused by the question that it was really funny, they even ran away from me because I asked them something in regards to theyr existence when i woke up), and after another 20 mins of walking through the dreamscape my stomach began to hurt quite badly(I was Ill that day) and that woke me up in an instant.

Let's develop this tool together
Could we start trying this kind of stuff out to see what happens?
There's thousands of good phrases to say to your dream directly, we could get some good ideas and insight here.

Some request to the dreamscape I thought of are: "Dream! Surprise me!" "Dream! What do I need to see?" "Dream! What do you want me to try?" "Dream! can we just talk?"
Of course these are the ones that I'm curious to see, there's as I said a lot of things we can ask to our Dreamscape.
Anyone can think of any Dreamscape requests to share here, I will probably end up trying all of them :lol: .
Have you ever swam with sharks? walked beside an elephant or a bear? Talked to yourself, or to your reflection in a mirror? jumped onto a black hole? Timetraveled?

troncete

Postby troncete » 01 Apr 2019 22:59

Still going strong on this one:

First try

I don't remember at wich point I arrived to this place, but I was following a curvy path on a valley, it was daytime, by my right there were huge mountains at the back spreading all across the right of the path, there were also, some trees scattered all around, a river flowing in between the path and the mountains, and a more or less plain surface of rock that I'll go back to later... I didn't even bother looking back, on my left side, there was a nice forest and in front of me... That path leaded to a temple in honor of the Indian Godess "Ganesha"... How did I know? Do you ask... Well it wasn't hard because at the sides of the path there were Statues of a woman, with elephant face, and with the palm of his hand pointing towards the path. I litteraly just googled that morning "Diosa elefante" (yes, I'm from Spain) and it autocompled to "Indian elephant Godess" and looks like "Ganesha" it's his name. I didn't bother going up the path and i steped to the right, away from it. I looked to the dreamscape of those mountains with the sun in between and yelled "Dream!" nothing happened, "Dream!" I repeated, and still nothing noticeable as I thought to myself while walking to that plain rock I mentioned "Well... I guess it's listening anyway" so I went on and I told him "Introduce me to a Master... That speaks for you... Please" then, when i looked to my left, another plain rock (With an arrow and the word [MASTER] floating above it) appeared from nowhere and was getting closer to me, the arrow and the word disapeared as soon as I had read it. I tryed picking it up, but it broke (more or less) on half as I lifted one of the halfs, I started to notice that I was close to awakening, so I put it on the plain surface, rubbed my hands for some dream stability and I assembled the 2 pieces of the rock together. They formed an image... It was the front of the Greek Partenon and there was a hand holding a sword incircled in the middle of it. I started to think that maybe it ment that I should spawn a Greek philisopher or something and as I was thinking about the image I had a false awakening, wich I thought was a real one.
In the second part of the dream I walked down the street with a friend and remembered what happened in the last dream as any of us do in waking life, then that image hit me and told it to my friend. He said "Why don't you just search it on the internet?" and so I took my phone out and Googled it, I opened the first link and... to my surprise it was a translator... Of the egipcian language. I didn't understand a thing and scrolled down through some translations of (whatever) words (I didn't pay attention) and while scrolling down I (really) woke up. LIKE: :shock:

Second try
Today I've dreamt about being in a skyscrapper, the hallways were huge, there were tons of people, the part related to this post comes when I go down some stairs, in front of wich there is a window from side to side to the wall that you can slide open, there is actually a storm outside, you could see and hear the drops of water hitting onto the glass and walls even when the window was closed, there was a lightning from time to time and... Enought about the weather, we'll go back to that later. ;) there were like 15 people on this hallway, all looking at the storm, I didn't knew any of them, but there were 2 of them that standed out, they looked like martial artist, and so I propose to train close hand to hand combat, they politely asked if they should attack me both at the same time, I ask them to first come 1 by 1 and then we would see what to do.
After some atempts at hitting one of them (wich were blocked) and after blocking some of his attacks I finally touched his neck (I did stop before the hit) and proceeded to start to train with the other one, and did not stop this time when i got a nice uppercut on his chin. Apologized to him and went on... to look at the window, and I went ahead and opened it. Stopped to hear the watter falling on the dirt and grass bellow. The wind blowing furious. It was really dark out there, and so... I stared to the blackness and SCREAMED: "DREAM!" and to my surprise, after that I stopped feeling the wind and water on my face, every single sound stoped and... All there was complete silence and darkness for a couple seconds after going back to normal. I couldn't hold myself and said out loud "Awesome"(thinking... Wow! it's obvious the dreamscape just heard me) and proceded to tell it: "I will need your help, we will build a whole planet together", there was no obvious answer but I knew it knew what I wanted it to know... So I kept training with those 2 Martial Artist from earlyer until I woke up. LIKE: :mrgreen:

I will keep these comming as long as I'm interested in trying this kind of things on my dreams
Feel free to reply :lol:

jennifer

Postby jennifer » 16 Apr 2019 08:39

QueenMary wrote:One of the techniques I do to control my dream is by talking to it directly. Some of the best advice I was ever given is what I’m about to share and I literally use it every single LD. It works every single time. Its always when I’m outside and will look up to the sky and say “landscape”. Then I will hear a “shift noise” (only way I can describe it)...like it’s shifting attention to listen. Then I give my dream a demand. For example, most often what I’ll say is, “make it daytime” and the night will turn into day right before my very eyes. I always frequently tell it to “show me the ocean”. I’ve asked, with success and sometimes not success, to make a certain person appear. Most recently I will look up and ask, “what do I need to hear right now?” And have gotten some very introspective answers. One time, a character walking by stopping to me and saying to watch my health. But I always, ALWAYS, begin by saying “landscape” and hearing it respond before giving my demand. I want to know if this works for others as well. Give it a shot and let me know!

Thano you for this idea! I’ve had it in mind since I first read this months ago but hadn’t tried it until the other day. I had my 17th lucid dream (DILD) and as soon as I realised that I was dreaming I wanted to get outside. I was in a boring school building and I just opened a window to get outside. Didn’t bother to look for a door. After stabilising the dream and looking outside I shouted landscape (or landskap in Swedish) and I asked it to become night. It felt like the dream swoshed to attention and then changed to night! Soo cool!

Later in the dream I tried to use landscape to change a person to someone else. But then the dream just shook a bit and it didn’t work. I wonder if it had anything to do with that a dream character isn’t a part of a landscape. Maybe I should rather have talked to the dream and asked it to show me this person instead of “changing” one person into another? Any thoughts?

I will definitely try this again! :)
:D

Luke

Postby Luke » 01 May 2019 01:22

troncete wrote:I haven't tryed that, but I get the point of giving a meaningfull name to your dreamworld like your "landscape" and when it answers, just talk to it.
Well I might be lying on that i haven't tryed it since you don't really need to directly talk to it and thinking is more or less the same, when i hit that meaningfull word on my thoughts that my "dreamscape" resonates with i don't hear any shift noise, for me, it... Quite literally resonates, the image flashes green for a milisecond, Dream characters look a little impresed looking around at the world, and then you can just think of anything you like and it will most likely ocurr.
Gonna try it your way tho.

I am impressed with the level of detail that you are interacting with within your surroundings and constructs. In "The Head Trip", Warren quotes a study where a lucid dreamer was able to communicate in real time with the researcher, by giving a certain eye movement for each period of time, and she was dead on second for second and minute for minute while in the lucid dream. How long do you feel you are in your lucid dream while constructing?

troncete

Postby troncete » 12 May 2019 22:07

Luke wrote:I am impressed with the level of detail that you are interacting with within your surroundings and constructs. In "The Head Trip", Warren quotes a study where a lucid dreamer was able to communicate in real time with the researcher, by giving a certain eye movement for each period of time, and she was dead on second for second and minute for minute while in the lucid dream. How long do you feel you are in your lucid dream while constructing?

Well it depends from dream to dream but it ranges from half an hour to a couple hours.

I'm still going with this technique, I just love it.

This time I was in a city with my brother and was playing with the dream as if it was a videogame, even looking at a map of the dreamscape wich had red dots where the enemies were, one of the times I looked at it, I saw a lot of red dots downstairs from where I was, so I started going towards them, and meanwhile, shouted "Dream!" it shooked and as I felt the dream was quite unstable and about to finish, asked: "I want to be totally lucid and the dream to last as long as posible". There was one old lady going up the same stairs I was going down when I talked to the dream directly, and she looked at me, and said "Ok." (wich sounded not from her but from the dreamscape) while looking at me indirectly, I avoided eye contact and continued downstairs, but to my surprise there were no enemies there, just a lot of people walking around. Basically the dream stopped being videogame-like and got much more realistic. With nothing interesting going on, so it didn't make me excited. It actually worked, I just went on walking that city for another 20-30 min, just admiring the level of detail of the streets, houses, trees and cars.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”