Flying: Stuck At a Certain Altitude

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
astrovineyard

Re: Flying: Stuck At a Certain Altitude

Postby astrovineyard » 26 Mar 2015 17:02

Again, I rarely fly, and when I do I don't seem to be properly lucid, but rather it is an ability I have in a non-lucid dream.

When I "levitate" it is as if I have an anti-gravity power, purely mental, like I am a positive magnet being repelled by the floor which is also positive. Hard to explain, but I seem to maintain this constant distance between myself and the floor.

When I "fly" it is either I am free floating upward, but not in control, and fear floating TOO HIGH where I am worried I won't be able to (or know how to) come back down, like a runaway hot air balloon that can't lower its temperature. So an inability to reach a certain altitude is not the issue, but rather a worry of going TOO HIGH. The other flying dream (again, hasn't happened in years) is me ESCAPING a danger, pursuit or situation. I want to "get out of Dodge" and so (mentally) propel myself upward many miles in a single second, where I am in orbit, essentially, beyond which notions of "too high" have no meaning since you are then in outer space.

Maybe you should try dreaming of being in space, doing space walks or just floating freely among the stars. Then the issue, if you find earth, is how to COME DOWN and LAND with a proper re-entry!

papamidnight32

Postby papamidnight32 » 17 Apr 2015 04:08

I'm 15 and I've been lucid dreaming every night I think for a couple years now and, I'm always able to fly it's just I can't control my dream enough to make myself go higher an sometimes if I'm goin in a direction I can't control myself to go where I want sometimes can anyone help me with that?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Martina

Postby Martina » 27 Apr 2015 19:20

papamidnight32 wrote:I'm 15 and I've been lucid dreaming every night I think for a couple years now and, I'm always able to fly it's just I can't control my dream enough to make myself go higher an sometimes if I'm goin in a direction I can't control myself to go where I want sometimes can anyone help me with that?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I'm 16 and I have the same problem! :D Not with a direction but I can't fly higher than a few metres. When I want to go higher I usually have to jump off from a high building or mountain or... whatever. It's still a bit difficult but definitely works for me.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”