Can't control myself in LD

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Skippyhippy

Can't control myself in LD

Postby Skippyhippy » 06 Feb 2018 02:38

Okay so I just started a month ago and I've already had 4 or 5 LDs and I couldn't control my actual body in any of them. It's like I couldn't take control of my dream self yet I know I was thinking like I was actually there. I was thinking like I was awake and if I thought something like "pick this up" my dream self would pick it up. That's not how people are describing LDs though. Unless that's normal and you can't actually control body parts like in the real world. I'm really not sure, but if you're actually supposed to control your body like if you were in the real world then please help. I've even tried saying "am I dreaming" out loud in the dream, but it was a thought not actual words coming out of my mouth. I'm of course glad that I've already had 5 lucid dreams and I just started, but I really want to be able to walk around in them like other people say they do.

I know that that people do have LDs that you can't control and it's like watching a movie, but seriously 5 in 5 weeks and not one of them wasn't a movie sort of thing?

LDer Charles

Re: Can't control myself in LD

Postby LDer Charles » 28 Mar 2018 22:09

Maybe try giving this a listen. The way you talk about moving your dream body by mental will instead of "just moving it" is something he discusses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OnuQxTbP0

But you are still pretty new so don't worry too much. Actually, 5 LDs in 5 weeks is really good, just for a rate of attaining lucidity. Keep at it and your lucidity rate as well as your control will improve.

Also, your "LDing path" might be trying to teach you something with this "problem" or "obstacle". You realize its a dream, but you still aren't in control. Maybe its a riddle!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

goldenrose

Re: Can't control myself in LD

Postby goldenrose » 27 Apr 2018 14:55

Don't know if you're still checking this thread, but lack of bodily control is common for beginners. Just keep practicing - keep your goals small (such as walking or speaking), and you should see results. Even when you become more skilled this can still happen due to sleep deprivation, stress, etc.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”