Help: I can’t controll the dream

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
PeterLinnea

Help: I can’t controll the dream

Postby PeterLinnea » 14 Jul 2018 00:27

Ok so I have always had lucid dreams, but never knew what they were before recently. I really can’t control them. I just read that whenever you realise that you are in a dream, it becomes a lucid dream. That is not the case with me. In fact I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have an aware dream. Once I had the same dream twice and the second time I had it I remember walking around being annoyed because I had to explain to everyone what was going on. Once I even dreamt that I had a lucid dream. Yeah no joke, I know it wasn’t a real lucid dream because I wasn’t really in control; it was just a random story line that my brain made up. I also have a lot of nightmares. My biggest fear isn’t of something, but the stress it causes me to have to escape that something. I know it is just a dream but I can’t wake up, so I just try killing my self to escape the stress. Once I even ran straight into the monster thing (one of the infected from “I am Legend”) to escape. I also wake up from falling all the time. Yesterday I had my first non aware dream in I can’t remember how long. I dreamt that I reconnected with an old friend and got so disappointed when I woke up that I began crying. Also whenever my friends have normal dreams they are always about things that make sense. Like yeah it would make sense if my friend dreamt that the supermarket closed down so we started a campaign to open it again. My dream about reconnecting with my friend happens in a supermarket because my private school had suddenly moved to a supermarket. I was for some reason not wearing socks and in Norway we take of our shoes whenever we walk into like homes and certain schools. Well I was late for the lesson and suddenly I was in the classroom learning magic because my subconscious just remembered Harry Potter exited. Well anyone who has any tips?

R99

Re: Help: I can’t controll the dream

Postby R99 » 14 Jul 2018 08:19

I think u have an overactive brain. You should learn to relax. Lucid dreaming is a difficult experience for unrest mind. When I started LD had this issue, can't concentrate. In my point perspective do some meditation. Its not that difficult, just breath consciously. The key is to stay relaxed, . Am sure just like me, you can LD peacefully. Gods luck.
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Solaris_142

Re: Help: I can’t controll the dream

Postby Solaris_142 » 17 Jul 2018 16:06

If you realize it's a dream it is a lucid dream. The term has nothing to do with the extent of control you have over those dreams. It simply means that you know you are dreaming.

Though I would also argue that most times when a person knows they are dreaming they do have some form of control since usually a person would make different choices and have different thoughts and emotions knowing they are in a dream than they would if they thought they were awake and in real life. (At least I certainly do.) And of course those different choices and thoughts changing the dream in one way or another so it's still a form of dream control. :) Though you are controlling your actions and reactions differently rather than purposely making something change in the dream.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”