First Attempt at Space Exploration

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
deschainXIX

First Attempt at Space Exploration

Postby deschainXIX » 19 May 2016 01:13

I've been obsessed with space exploration in lucid dreams for quite a while now, and when I randomly became lucid--dream induced lucid dream with no apparent motivator; I simply snapped and realized I was dreaming; I haven't been practicing lucid dreaming at all recently--I was standing in the foyer of my house doing something I can't remember. Immediately I went outside, as is my usual habit when I've gone lucid. There was a group of young men walking down the street toward my cul-de-sac, not a familiar sight in my neighborhood. For some reason, I felt threatened by their presence and especially the strange purpose in their stride. The word anarchists flitted through my mind, and suddenly molotov cocktails materialized in their hands and they broke into a sprint.

My lucidity was poor, so I didn't realize the full implications of the dream world, i.e. the fact that they could not harm me. I was about to fly away when I remember the intention I had had bouncing around my head for a few weeks. I needed a rocket ship. (Of course, I didn't really need one; but I might have had trouble staying asleep if I tried flying unassisted above the stratosphere, where, I'm all too aware, I would meet a painful death in real life.)

My driveway is in the shape of a doughnut, and along one side of the ring, two cars were parked, one in front of the other. I turned around so that I was facing away from them and I pictured in my mind's eye them connected to one another, feeling behind me with my hands to determine whether or not they had in fact sealed together. When I turned around, the two cars had conjoined to form a single shuttle of sorts. It resembled a cylindrical limousine.

I didn't realize that this craft lacked rocket propulsion and didn't even look aerodynamic (which is good because if I had, I would have had to overcome that mental obstacle), and I entered the driver's seat. The interior of the car looked like a normal car, with all the seats and interior details removed except for the driver's. I violently depressed the gas pedal and my makeshift craft launched across my neighbor's yard, hitting pine trees and blowing them to splinters.

I pulled backward on the steering wheel, which now functioned also as the stick of an aircraft, and the craft nosed upward gradually until I was totally vertical. I was now moving at significant speeds, and here's where the realism of the dream began to break down. I was still below the treeline, despite my speedy ascent. As I rocketed upward still, the trees seemed to distend and grow taller, and I made no progress.

I don't know how I did it, but eventually I broke free and was flying upward into a clear blue sky. I would fly for about a minute or so (dream time) before nosing back down momentarily to determine how high up I was. At one point, I noted that was above the clouds, and then I emerged into the darkness of space, a transition that, if it was marked by ceremony, I've forgotten it.

Below the planet was dark, despite the clear blue sky I had just been ascending. The sun was burning on the horizon of the planet, a pink rose color that was difficult to look at. Things took a surrealist twist so much that I've mostly forgotten the details of my visit to space. I remember that at some point the earth below became a black glass globe, like a darkened looking glass, with the beams of the retiring sun glazing its surface. I woke up soon after that.

Does anyone have any tips for space exploration? I'm looking for the most realistic experience possible, with poetic license for my space craft so that I can transport myself between planets and solar systems without waiting too long. I'm also struggling to manifest crafts suitable for my purposes. I'm thinking next time I'll try to spawn a cumbersome space suit with a jet pack installed so I'll be more involved with the environment and less likely to have everything go abstract.
Well said.

taniaaust1

Re: First Attempt at Space Exploration

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 May 2016 04:56

deschainXIX wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for space exploration? I'm looking for the most realistic experience possible, with poetic license for my space craft so that I can transport myself between planets and solar systems without waiting too long. I'm also struggling to manifest crafts suitable for my purposes. I'm thinking next time I'll try to spawn a cumbersome space suit with a jet pack installed so I'll be more involved with the environment and less likely to have everything go abstract.

I suggest to go seeking online drawings/paintings of space craft which you feel would work well and then study them each night before you fall asleep. Spawning yourself a "cumbersome" space suit is unlikely to work well as even you call it yourself "cumbersome", your subconsciousness will just add to that thought.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Azhidal

Postby Azhidal » 04 Jun 2016 04:17

hey, new to this forum, anyway.

ive been lucid dreaming for years now, and yeah, space travel in LD is a bit tricky at first. the two best things I've found for figuring it out, is to study space. by this I mean to understand how space works, now I'm not saying get a PhD, just that you understand what stars and planets are really like, and to understand just how breathtakingly vast and beautiful it is. this sounds extra simple but seriously, the more you know the better your subconscious can make it. the next step is the much wanted space travel, since lucid dreaming is all mental trying to make a construct like a suit, or a ship to travel in is really un-needed. next time you find yourself dreaming pick a star and try and imagine its planets don't get specific, just kind of think of an outline and let your sub-conscious do the rest. then rather then you fly their, bring the place to you, rather than move yourself move the dream-scape itself. to actually fly out IN space is a little bit trickier IMO, our bodies inherently know what gravity is, we can feel it pushing on us, which is why you need to just get rid of it, imagine a space around you where their is no gravity, and move with that bubble. its tricky because its like mind-over-matter X11, you're literally convincing your mind that their is no gravity, and so the world cant hold you, and now you are free to fly.

thomasg_peters

Postby thomasg_peters » 22 Feb 2018 04:20

Highly lucid dreams - all the time!

Lately, I have been able to explore the universe with free flight, as far and as fast as I want with explicit visible stars, and clusters of nebula. As I was flying through space, another individual caught up with me and I said, "Wow, I would have never though I would see someone out so far." They replied, "I fly out all the time". In my estimation, this flight was estimated to be thousands, or hundreds of thousands of light years into deep space. I knew or could feel the orientation, and knew where my physical body was in the space-scape back on earth. I flew along and was able to see my origin, and headed back to earth with speed.

When I was a child, in my persistent lucid dreaming I was able to jump up into space, and see the horizon of earth span away as I rose up. Once I was older, my flying dreaming had been surpressed with the ability to only fly a few inches from the ground, and needing to move with my arms moving like swimming and sometime unable to control direction, as if drifting. Now, my flight is more free and controllable.

It's interesting how much clarity I have in dreams.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”