Finally a true LD after years of stopping

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sim B

Finally a true LD after years of stopping

Postby Sim B » 13 May 2016 18:56

Hey guys,

First of all, I had stopped thinking about and practicing Lucid Dreaming for like 3 years now, my mind went out to other things. But recently, I picked it up again. I've been flooding a Dream Journal for a couple weeks now (2-3 dreams a day), and practicing WBTB +MILD/WILD every other day, but it wasn't working. Still, I didn't give up, and a couple days ago I got an LD where you basically go "I'm dreaming" and then you wake up, so nothing else to report here.

Until today.

I woke up and practiced WILD. Basically I do SSILD (going through senses to calm myself), and then try to WILD. Farthest I reached was when I had trouble breathing and felt this huge weight on me. Sadly it didn't go further, but then I fell asleep maybe 20 minutes later... and I realized I was dreaming! As all WBTB LDs, it felt very real, and I kept rubbing my hands together to sort of anchor myself into the dream.

Anyway, I woke up in my house, with 2 people next to me who were kinda weird. Then one of them bit me and I realized they were vampires, and that's when I thought "wait a minute, this is impossible". Checked my fingers and I had 7 per hand so I was obviously dreaming. I almost lost the dream at that point cuz I was too excited, so I rubbed them together and calmed myself. I went through the house, and I remember that I wanted to speak to my dead grandfather so I wished for him to appear.

He appeared behind me in the bathroom, in the sink, I thought that was really creepy so I thought "screw this, will do this later" and I tried to go through the roof to fly, but it didn't work. The roof blocked me. I stabilized the dream again and went outside to try again. Everything felt so vivid, but at the same time, so unreal. I remember the colors being very wrong, like red-ish grass and stuff. Outside I started flying by looking up, and then I was gliding across my street until it hit me: I can make gravity work again by wishing it to. I did, and I fell on the roof.

Then I wished for someone interesting to appear in the car behind me, and Taylor Swift popped out of the car. I have no idea why it summoned her, I don't even know any of her songs or whatever (maybe because she's a celebrity), and then she strode toward me and kissed me out of the blue, I was like wtf? I was too excited and it woke me up.

Bummer ending, I have so many things I want to do, will have to try again soon :) In the future, I will try to stay calmer and have more control. Just looking at the scenery is magical enough, no need to rush things!

Anyway, great experience, I remember sharing my first LD on this website years ago so I thought I'd pop in again! I had an LD due to advice taken from this website!
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

Frisout

Re: Finally a true LD after years of stopping

Postby Frisout » 13 May 2016 20:18

Hah, sounds like a nice dream
Glad you are back in the lucid dreaming world, you wont regret it!

Also next time you feel scared (when your grandpa apeared) dont flee, just take a moment to relax and do it, see what your inner self has to tell you

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 14 May 2016 06:51

Good advice! Indeed, maybe my unconscious has something to tell me :)

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 16 May 2016 06:07

So I got another LD last night (I'm on fire!)

Same strategy - WBTB, move around a bit, write my dreams, read previous dreams, then go back to sleep, try to WILD. Again, WILD didn't work, but I kept telling myself "I am dreaming" while falling asleep, so it's a MILD.

I have to turn once or twice usually before I fall asleep.

I realized I was dreaming at some point. Looked at my hands and they were wrong. But the dream was fuzzy so I called for "MORE CLARITY", (first time I do that :P), and it all came into focus, and wow, so real!

I was in my backyard and there were about 3-4 feet of snow. I took some in my hand and, strangely enough, it wasn't cold at all. I saw some tall trees and decided I needed to learn to fly, and I read somewhere that I should start with jumping, and then higher and higher, so I did. Started jumping around the neighborhood for a while, was pretty funny :P Then I somehow ended up in a kitchen in the trees, and talked to a DC, but I can't remember what we talked about... At this point lucidity was leaving me then I woke up.

I should remember now to bring the dream back into focus more often, and try to stay as clear-headed as possible! Else you can easily get lost into the dream, and then lose lucidity!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 May 2016 05:45

You sound like me. I don't think I can give any words of wisdom.

Just keep going. You're already figuring it out on your own. You just have to stay interested and think of that place in dreams, not as a place to waste time before you awake, but instead be a playground to trip out during the night when others are 'sleeping'. (Lucid or not, it's still great) We dreamers have two lives, waking and dreaming, so we live twice as long. Keep it up. Why would anyone stop?

I'm glad you realized what you were missing and keep it up. You'll thank yourself for it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 May 2016 05:01

congrats on your lucids. Stay with it and you should be having them quite regularly fairly easily. I suggest you write yourself out a list of dream goals if you dont have one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”