My first lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Joemita

My first lucid dream

Postby Joemita » 11 Jun 2016 03:47

So I wasn't even trying to have one but just had 3 back to back. I was sleeping with my headphones in and while I was dreaming I could hear it. So in my dream I was at work and someone rang something in that I couldn't understand so I took my headphones out but the music was still blaring in my ears. Everything I did I couldn't get it to stop till in my dream I realized I was dreaming and at that point I woke up. But when I woke up I fell right back asleep and startes dreaming another dream and the same thing happened again. This time when I started dreaming I disconnected my headphones and could still hear the music so knew I was dreaming. I started to look at clocks cause I heard you can't see clocks in your dreams which is true. Not one clock I looked at was what a clock should look like. I was able to go for a while before I woke up but when I did wake up went right back to sleep and did the same thing which was stand up out of my bed disconnect my headphones and still hear the music and knew I was dreaming. I did this 3 times in a row. I would like to keep doing this and would like any feedback. Thanks for reading

kadmonaut

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby kadmonaut » 12 Jun 2016 09:12

I've had similar experiences when I've fallen asleep with music or a movie on. The sleep state is altered. I feel like I'm halfway asleep and halfway awake. There's a strange increase in confidence (or maybe that's awareness?) in the dream. Maybe because I feel more actively involved in it. I've enjoyed these experiences. It's my first time here so I'm excited to hear that that is a form of lucid dreaming!

I have been having a different experience lately where I feel like my experience is nesting... like a nesting doll. It's difficult to explain the experience because the further I nest, the less access to a rational or emotional reference point I have. I've been extremely uncomfortable sometimes but there was this one time that I felt completely at ease and it was amazing. I think the difference may have been that I fell asleep in a, can I say, more orderly way... I was emotionally calm, letting thought flow unrestrained... I don't know if anyone has experienced something similar. Let me know!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”