Sean Jacobs LD's

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sean Jacobs

Re: Sean Jacobs LD's

Postby Sean Jacobs » 11 May 2018 15:43

I have slacked way off on lucid dreaming. In the last week I have started reality checking again. I am doing it when ever I remember and keeping a relaxed attitude toward lucid dreaming. If I have a LD great, if I don't I won't get frustrated. I do find that the habit of doing a RC when I see the sky is still there. I just can't help myself. But now I'm just trying to remember to do them spontaneously. My RC is to, in my mind, ask the critical question "Am I dreaming?" then do some form of physical RC (look for something to read or count the fingers on my right hand).

Last night I had a slightly lucid dream. I woke up at 4:05 am, looked at the clock and then dozed back off. I found myself in the front yard of a house that reminded me of the house I lived in with my ex-wife. I'm with some people from high school. We are cleaning up the yard to get the house ready to sell. At one point I look to the high branches of a tall oak tree. It must be late fall because the tree has no leaves. I seek the sky through the branches. I know something feels a bit "off." I feel a little confused. I sit down on the stone steps next to me. I look at one of the women with our group. She is very attractive and sexual desire rises within me. I "will" her to come over to me. She turns to face me, walks over, straddles and sits on my lap. I wrap my arms around her and pull her tightly to my body. She leans forward and we begin to kiss, deeply and passionately for about 10 seconds and I wake up.

Was I lucid? I would say no. However I did have a higher level of awareness than I normally would in a dream. Hopefully this is a good sign.

I am willing to follow this plan for a year and see the results. This is a fairly lazy way to try and have lucid dreams, but maybe it will become ingrained in my subconscious over time and getting lucid in my dreams will become more common.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 11 May 2018 23:21

Sean Jacobs wrote:
LDer Charles wrote: Well, I think its been about 4 months since I posted that, and my LDing has come a long way. Readng your journal entries helped a lot because it helped me get a sense of what an LD was like. And having so many to read was really helpful.

One of these days I've got to try to work through reading a few more of them.

Thanks LDer Charles. I'm glad I can help you in some way.

Yeah! I haven't finsihed them all yet but I'm on page 6 or 7 working through reading them when I get the chance. They are good LD stories!!!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 May 2018 15:04

LDer Charles wrote:Yeah! I haven't finsihed them all yet but I'm on page 6 or 7 working through reading them when I get the chance. They are good LD stories!!!

I'm hoping to have more soon. :D

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 22 May 2018 14:07

Well, getting lucid happened more quickly then I expected.

Date: 5/19/2018 (Saturday 5:22 AM – day off)
Dream Title: (LD #75) “This is not my phone!”
Dream: I find myself at church with my wife and I want to leave. I am feeling annoyed & frustrated because I can’t find her, and there are many children running around and being loud and annoying. I decide to call her; so I pull my cell phone out of my coat pocket. But, what I pull out is not my cell phone…it is a large square device, which is all black, with a broken screen (it reminds me of an old 1980’s hand held video game). I feel confused for a moment… then suddenly realize that I am dreaming without a reality check. I’m lucid, but I didn’t engage my senses, say “I’m dreaming!” out loud, or anything else to stabilize the dream. Because of this my lucidity level was very low (maybe a 3 on a scale of 1-10). Suddenly the urge for sex overwhelms me (I’ve had this issue in the past and it is very annoying). I begin looking for a woman. Suddenly amount of light in the building dims. I start walking to the exit door, open it and walk out into the yard of the last house I lived in. It is night outside everything is wet like it had just rained. I look around and everything looks exactly like my old neighborhood. Two of the children follow me out into the yard (A girl about 10 years old and a boy about 8). They are asking me if I want to play a game. I’m frustrated and want to get away from them. I jump into the air to fly away. I float up into some tree branches and get caught. I’m now incredibly annoyed! I drift back down to the ground, take a deep calming breath and try to fly again, being careful to avoid the trees. I succeed in flying up around the trees, over the road where there are no branches. I fly slowly down the street (about 30 feet off the ground) looking at each house. I see one with all the lights on and fly to the front door. I land and open the door and step into a well-lit foyer. At this point I completely lose lucidity. The house has no furniture, white painted walls, and very shiny hardwood floors. I walk over to a closet door directly in front of me. I open the door and there is a flat screen TV on the wall to my right and a low shelf to my left. I move to the shelf and sit on it. I’m waiting for the TV to turn on. Suddenly I realize I am now naked. Then my daughter walks in and I freak out! I cover myself and run out of the closet and sprint for the front door…the dream fades and I wake up.

I'm glad I got lucid. Now it is time to start planning what I will do next time I get lucid. 1. Say out loud "I'm Dreaming!" 2. Stay calm. 3. Say out loud "I have complete control of my dream! Increase clarity!". 4. Engage my senses (rub hands for touch, talking out loud for hearing, examine my surroundings for sight, smell the air, and taste something).

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 12 Oct 2018 16:52

Date: 10/12/18 (Friday 4:25 AM – Work day)
Dream Title: “Hang gliding” (Unintentional LD)
Dream: Note: So for health benefits I started eating one large meal per day (23 hours of fasting then 1 hour of eating a lot of food). This has helped me get lean and improve my overall health. One of the side effects is that I’ve been waking up to urinate more often during early morning hours; as my meal is dinner and I get more liquids (from the food and drink) than usual at night then have to urinate during the night. I’ve had a couple of low level LDs since I started eating one meal per day which I have not recorded; I believe it has been at least 3. (I remember one was about my cat who died recently. I see him and instantly knew I was dreaming because I remembered he was dead. I went over and patted him and placed my ear to his chest to hear him purring. I could hear and feel him purring as well as the warmth of his body before I woke up. Another had to do with my wife and I back in high school. I don’t remember much more because I didn’t bother to write it down.) It seems that by eating a lot of food and drinking tea and water I have a tendency to wake up in the early hours of the morning to use the bathroom. This becomes an unintentional WBTB (wake back to bed) situation that happens often. So, last night was no different. I awoke due to the urge to urinate, looked at my phone (3:52 am), stumbled to the bathroom, then stumbled back to bed and dozed off fairly quickly. I find myself hanging on to a metal bar in front of me with by body stretched out behind me, suspended by some straps. I know that I am hang gliding. I can see blue sky all around me. I can see the tops of trees below me. I can see the red, yellow, and blue stripes of the fabric of the hang glider above me. Without a reality check I know that I am dreaming. I’m lucid, but at a very low level. I shift my weight forward to direct the glider to descend to the ground. As I glide lower I see a large swimming pool below me and glide right into the water. I quickly strip off the straps and move out from under the glider. I swim to the side of the pool and climb out. I see an old cabin nearby, and I appear to be at some kind of camp ground. There are many large pine trees all around. I move toward the cabin and see a dirt road leading off to my right. As I pass the cabin, which is on my left, I see a very short chubby Hispanic woman wearing a light blue maid uniform (like a real life version of the maid from the Family Guy TV series). I turn to my right to follow the road to see where it leads. But then my urge for sex takes over. I turn back and walk up to the maid. I sit on the ground in front of her, take hold of her hands and gently pull her down toward me. She has on bright read lipstick that reflects the light. I will her to morph with some success as her features become more attractive to me. I begin to kiss her deeply and feel my body ignite with even more sexual energy. I try to keep my eyes open as I know closing them can cause me to wake up or have a false awakening; but fail and close my eyes which causes me to wake up.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”