More control In dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Thomasmja

More control In dreams

Postby Thomasmja » 02 Jan 2018 20:55

I have been able to realise mid dream for years that I was actually dreaming. I have always been able to wake myself up from a bad dream by reasoning with myself within the dream that it wasn't real.

Lately I am having normal dreams but still realising that I'm dreaming. Last night, however, I dreamed that I withdraw a large amount of money from the bank. When I counted it it was incorrect. I counted it again and it was still incorrect but a large amount more. At this point I noticed my surroundings and the currency was completely out of the ordinary and realised I was dreaming. I told the people around me that this is a dream and decided to go and spend all of the cash. I bagged it up and was heading on a splurge, knowing that it was a dream and there would be no reprucutions.
That's when I woke up.

Usually when I realise I'm dreaming I tell myself to wake up. This time I wanted to stay there and was able to for a period of time. Is this unusual. Will I become more able to remain in this state of dreaming?

Thanks for taking time to read this.
T.

Dener123

Re: More control In dreams

Postby Dener123 » 06 Jan 2018 02:18

Im sure you will.
I also had same experience, and beleve it or not,
I recenty have an experience on controling Time and Gravity in the lucid dream.

Im currently working on a self experiment on creating a castle/house from empty ground to test the limit of lucid dreaming.

The best way to continue the lucid dream based on my experience and self experiment is that, you have to be calmed after recognizing that you are concious while dreaming.
Also get in a habit of self-checking whether you are dreaming or in reality.
For me instance, I have a habit of pinching my cheeks really hard even while im awake to jusy check if it hurts of not. (This is just my method. You might have different one)
If it does not hurt, then I'm dreaming.
Through keeping calm and being used to be self checking whether you are currently dreaming or not, it helped me on staying conscious during lucid dream.

As soonas you recognizing you are dreaming, try to do something that isnt possible in real life.
(Ex, try to fly, walk on wall, etc..)

cookiemonster

Re: More control In dreams

Postby cookiemonster » 17 Feb 2018 05:45

I have many times dreamed where I feel pain,but I still know it is a dream. is this unusally I saw that you said you would pinch yourself no pain than you are dreaming

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”