LucidCats LucidDreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LucidCat

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 03 Apr 2018 17:55

JAD wrote:So you've only ever seen lucid cat once in a dream? It's a good technique though. Still using it?

Only once yes. I kind of forgot doing it for a while. Thing is - whatever I do, RC's or staring at a cat - I really gotta invest myself into the moment of doing it. I've been focusing on the other techniques in the past weeks. However I think it wouldn't hurt if I started lucid catting again as a ritual. I think I'll do that.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

JAD

Postby JAD » 03 Apr 2018 19:29

I'm going to employ that trick tonight. Maybe I'll have beginners luck. 8-) Otherwise I've got an app giving me RCs all day long. Let's see if that helps tonight.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 07 Apr 2018 09:53

JAD wrote:I'm going to employ that trick tonight. Maybe I'll have beginners luck. 8-) Otherwise I've got an app giving me RCs all day long. Let's see if that helps tonight.

Good luck with that!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 07 Apr 2018 10:01

So, today I can say with pride that finally a reality check made its way into my dream.
It was an extremely vivid nightmare featuring tornados, which is are typical dream signs of mine.
In the dream I was thinking: "Tornados appear a lot in my dreams. I should do a reality check"
And I did. Now comes the shameful part: stupidly I was so convinced by the reality of the dream scene that the RC failed. :roll: And I didn't doublecheck (because I got distracted by one tornado growing arms) :roll:

My conclusion after this: I NEED TO DO REALITY CHECKS 100% MINDFULLY ALL THE TIME. (and ALWAYS CHECK TWICE OR MORE)

:x

But actually I'm happy that it happened the way it happened. It's a big step forward. I almost never do RC's in my dreams. And I have never identified a dream sign before while dreaming.
:D

CARPE NOCTEM

starsofclay

Postby starsofclay » 07 Apr 2018 17:53

LucidCat wrote:My first short lucid dream on December 16, 2017

I had it about a month after I started researching lucid dreaming.
I had started dream journalling, meditating and reality checking (but not very frequently to be honest). I had seen a video where someone explained a technique which includes staring at an object 5 minutes before bedtime - an object which should represent lucid dreaming and which is supposed to appear in a dream sooner or later. So I did that for a week with a vitreous cat figure I call the "Lucid Cat" (to be seen in my profile pic) - and the following thing happened:

I'm thinking of making something like this that says "YOU ARE DREAMING" so it's a double whammy- what do you think?

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 07 Apr 2018 18:16

starsofclay wrote:
LucidCat wrote:My first short lucid dream on December 16, 2017

I had it about a month after I started researching lucid dreaming.
I had started dream journalling, meditating and reality checking (but not very frequently to be honest). I had seen a video where someone explained a technique which includes staring at an object 5 minutes before bedtime - an object which should represent lucid dreaming and which is supposed to appear in a dream sooner or later. So I did that for a week with a vitreous cat figure I call the "Lucid Cat" (to be seen in my profile pic) - and the following thing happened:

I'm thinking of making something like this that says "YOU ARE DREAMING" so it's a double whammy- what do you think?

I think it might work. You might have seen that I once read 'you are dreaming' in a book I picked up. Though... there's something tricky about reading in dreams. I noticed I can read words in the blink of an eye but it very quickly turns into something else (nonsense gibberish or different words...) But that again is a classic dream sign. I'd say - give it a shot - it won't hurt and it'll probably work. You should make it a very weird and distinguishable object, too. Something that you cannot overlook that easily.

CARPE NOCTEM

starsofclay

Postby starsofclay » 07 Apr 2018 20:17

Yeah, haha I did see that post, and was putting two and two together. In the book I'm reading by Robert Waggoner, he says his object was staring at his hands, and then they just pop up randomly in his dreams and that sparks his lucidness many times... I thought I could write "you are dreaming" on my palms, but that would get annoying having to do that every night and then scrub it off in the morning before work...

You are right about words being gibberish in dreams though..

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 11 Apr 2018 15:15

Hey LucidCat,

Just read through your posts, piqued my interest for a couple of reasons...

1) I have also just recently started lucid dreaming, having my first proper (i.e. full blown) one on 20 March, so it's interesting to see how your attempts at lucidity are similar to mine and we are at about the same point on the journey

2) I also use a cat as part of my reality check, although I use my pet cat :D he appears in my dreams from time to time, so I am testing out asking him if I am dreaming (my reasoning is that, if I see him, I need to RC -- in one dream he changed from being a ginger to being a black and white so I think it could just work!). As yet, it hasn't worked (only been trying for a couple of weeks and v. inconsistently) but I tried it on a whim with other RCs, guess no harm in trying.

So far my attempts at LD involve the WBTB technique - I can't really visualise things so that is the only technique that I've had success with, although I did once partially initiate a WILD only to be woken up by that buzzing sound...

I also meditate and listen to binaural beats while doing so, it has done wonders for my mindfulness. My other RC triggers (aside from my cat) are going through doors and looking at my hands. So far the only one that worked in a dream was my hands. Unfortunately my second successful attempt was interrupted by my wife's alarm which went off _right_ as I realised I was dreaming :(

Just wondering if you'd be cool with me also posting my LD attempts/successes here? Maybe bouncing off each other could provide more motivation and a higher chance of success?

Thanks again for posting, been a great read!
日有所思,夜有所梦

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 11 Apr 2018 23:43

Hi LucidCat and all,

Just thought it might be worth sharing this, I've recently found out that pinching my nose can be a powerful reality check, maybe because if you pinch your nose in your dream there's hardly a way (if at all possible) that your brain would actually be tricked stop the body from breathing. Checking my hands has failed several times, even while dreaming, but trying to block your breath will always work while you're awake and probably never work while you're asleep. Of course you'll have to pinch your nose many times during the day, hoping that nobody notices...

Good luck and keep it up!

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 15 Apr 2018 10:00

jimmy wrote:Hey LucidCat,

Just read through your posts, piqued my interest for a couple of reasons...

1) I have also just recently started lucid dreaming, having my first proper (i.e. full blown) one on 20 March, so it's interesting to see how your attempts at lucidity are similar to mine and we are at about the same point on the journey

2) I also use a cat as part of my reality check, although I use my pet cat :D he appears in my dreams from time to time, so I am testing out asking him if I am dreaming (my reasoning is that, if I see him, I need to RC -- in one dream he changed from being a ginger to being a black and white so I think it could just work!). As yet, it hasn't worked (only been trying for a couple of weeks and v. inconsistently) but I tried it on a whim with other RCs, guess no harm in trying.

So far my attempts at LD involve the WBTB technique - I can't really visualise things so that is the only technique that I've had success with, although I did once partially initiate a WILD only to be woken up by that buzzing sound...

I also meditate and listen to binaural beats while doing so, it has done wonders for my mindfulness. My other RC triggers (aside from my cat) are going through doors and looking at my hands. So far the only one that worked in a dream was my hands. Unfortunately my second successful attempt was interrupted by my wife's alarm which went off _right_ as I realised I was dreaming :(

Just wondering if you'd be cool with me also posting my LD attempts/successes here? Maybe bouncing off each other could provide more motivation and a higher chance of success?

Thanks again for posting, been a great read!

Hey Jimmy! Those similarities are quite funny, indeed. Generally, I'm super game for some exchange of experiences. However, I think you deserve having your own thread where you share your own personal experiences - it would simply easier to keep good overview for both of us and for everybody else who reads along. Then we can comment on each other's posts without getting stuff too mixed up. At least that's my opinion - what do you think?

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”