LucidCats LucidDreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LucidCat

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 03 May 2018 20:08

I'm more posting this to myself, to give it an official and obligatory touch:
I seriously want to meditate more. Beginning tonight - I am going meditate once a day for at least 10 minutes.
Deal!
I'll do that for 7 days and then update this post on how it went.

(10th May 2018)
:!: UPDATE: :!:
One week later: I can proudly say that I meditated once per day in the last week. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening. As a result, I've realized one more time that meditating is a skill that need constant practice. In the beginning, it was really difficult for me to let the thoughts go away. Every day it went a little better. Yesterday was an exception. I came home from a 10.5 h work day and when I sat down to meditate I couldn't stop thinking about work. My mind was rotating and rumbling. However now, after 9 hours of sleep and some crazy awesome dreams I had the best meditation session since a long time and I could prolong almost complete silence in my head for like 15 minutes.
Last edited by LucidCat on 10 May 2018 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 04 May 2018 09:02

LucidCat wrote:I seriously want to meditate more. Beginning tonight - I am going meditate once a day for at least 10 minutes.

Hope it leads to some awesome LDs!!
日有所思,夜有所梦

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 04 May 2018 22:36

Yay :) good LDs
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 04 May 2018 23:06

=) Thanks! I really hope so, too. At the moment my problem with meditation is that I very quickly lose focus and my mind starts wandering. I'll get back to my old skills though. I will.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 07 May 2018 07:20

LucidCat wrote:=) At the moment my problem with meditation is that I very quickly lose focus and my mind starts wandering.

From what I've read and experienced, that is quite normal - the main thing is to realise when your mind is wandering and to bring it back to focus. Just keep doing that every time you wander, over time you will get better! I sat down for a 40 minute meditation today, it took maybe 15 minutes for the wandering to stop and for me to keep a strong sense of focus. And I find binaural beats help a lot with focus too. Hope you managed to find time to meditate today :)
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 07 May 2018 21:17

jimmy wrote:
LucidCat wrote:=) At the moment my problem with meditation is that I very quickly lose focus and my mind starts wandering.

From what I've read and experienced, that is quite normal - the main thing is to realise when your mind is wandering and to bring it back to focus. Just keep doing that every time you wander, over time you will get better! I sat down for a 40 minute meditation today, it took maybe 15 minutes for the wandering to stop and for me to keep a strong sense of focus. And I find binaural beats help a lot with focus too. Hope you managed to find time to meditate today :)

:) So far I haven't skipped meditating a single day. This morning I discovered that using autogenic training techniques really helps me to get into the meditative state of mind. I did autogenic training a long time ago, in order to get rid of anxiety issues. Now it turns out to be helpful again, when the simplistic breathing meditation has somehow become too difficult. My mind still wanders though, and I will try to think about what you just wrote. Bringing my mind back relentlessly and calmly.
I haven't tried the binaural beats yet. I still gotta get some comfortable decent quality headphones. How long are these tracks? Which format are they available in? Because I need to decide which device to play them from, as I don't want to use my laptop. The less screen, the better.

CARPE NOCTEM

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 May 2018 15:18

Fantastic LDs LucidCat. I hope you have many more soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 17 May 2018 07:12

Sean Jacobs wrote:Fantastic LDs LucidCat. I hope you have many more soon.

Thank you Sean! I wish the same to you!

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 21 May 2018 10:08

In the last days I had a bit of dream recall issues - and I didn't meditate everyday (but at least sometimes I did and I'm getting better at it again).
Apart from that my routines are basically the same - except for one new thing. As I've had quite a lot of false awakening incidences, I started to remind myself of doing reality checks every time I wake up. How?
Every night before I go to sleep I put something weird on my night table. Something that I'd never ever put there otherwise. Every night it's a different object. (examples: a roll of toilet paper, a whisk from the kitchen, a drill machine, a shoe etc.) So - I see this thing every morning when I stop my alarm and it's so weird that I immediately remember to do a reality check.

And here's my lucid dream from this morning:

12th Lucid Dream on May 21st 2018
I woke up at 7:30 am from my alarm and wrote down the dream I had. My dream recall was fairly good again. Then I went to bed again with the intention to do a WBTB/MILD. For me that includes relaxation/meditation to get my head clear - then mentally repeating the affirmation "I will fall asleep and then realize that I'm dreaming" for about 5 minutes - and then visualizing a memorable dream scene from my last dream.
I fell asleep and started dreaming:
I am in my bedroom in my parent's house (where I currently live in waking life) and it's pretty dark because the blinds are closed. For some reason I decide to move my bedroom into the attic. In my dream I have memories of already doing so once in the past (it could be actually a past dream of mine but I'm not 100% sure). Immediately, I find myself in the attic arranging stuff and looking at things I find there. The room itself looks quite small first - and way more tidy than usual. I drape a nice patchwork blanket over some boxes. There's a bed, too. In my dream I have (false) memories of me sleeping in there with my boyfriend. As I continue to explore the space I realize that it's way bigger than I have thought first - and I find a bright hallway with wooden floor panels - it hasn't been there before.

I instantly realize I'm dreaming. Stupidly, I get really giddy with excitement. As a result I start floating and it really takes me a lot of mental will power to get myself back on the floor. Finally having ground under my feet again my body starts spinning unintentionally. And I can't stop myself from spinning. I even close my eyes but I still feel that I'm rotating. I open my eyes again - still spinning, but more slowly.
And then I finally I stop and regain full control over my dream body.
There is a mirror (with a huge gilded ornamental frame around it) in the hallway and I literally feel drawn to it. I take a look at my reflection - it doesn't exactly look like me - it's a little distorted but nothing too weird.
The second after, I'm joined by a bunch of DC's who come into the hallway one after another and shake my hand, congratulating me for my lucidity. I don't consciously know them from real life, but one of them, an Arabian looking boy, resembles one of my little patients who is a refugee from Syria. They ask me stuff about the attic - like: "Haven't you sleep up here already?" and I answer something like "Not in real life."
I walk away from them and try to think about what to do next. My original plan was to stay calm, explore my sensations and my surroundings and maybe a little bit of a chatting with already existing DC's. But - naaaah. How boring! I need to do something extraordinary! How about manifesting a person from my past and ask them a question? (Stupid me.)
I decide to try to spawn my former high school crush in order to ask him why he still keeps haunting me in my dreams every now and then. Bad idea.
So, I walk around the corner and imagine him standing behind me. I take a peek over my shoulder and nobody's there. Then a door opens and the DC's from before enter the room. The last person entering hasn't been there before. It doesn't look quite like him but at least the height, figure and hair color look accurate, so I assume it's him. He tries to walk past me but I stop him and ask him something like "What do you stand for?" and he gives an answer that is both dissapointing, plain boring and unimportant - so unimportant that I forgot what he said. The last thing I remember is staring at the face of this stranger. Then everything turns black and I feel that I'm in bed sleeping -
so I woke up.

My lessons learned from this - in order to manifest DC's I need better visualization skills. I'm not ready for that yet.
Next time I will stick to my plan of:
- observing sensations
- exploring (because exploring the attic would have been awesome - it could potentially be a storage place for long forgotten memories)
- casual DC conversation (with DCs that are there already!)

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 30 May 2018 08:13

Once again - this is more a post to myself.
In the last days some bullshit happened in my life that threw me off the track.
To make this official - I am going to get enough sleep, write in my dream journal, do reality questioning, meditation and physical exercise regularly again.

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”