LucidCats LucidDreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
jimmy

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby jimmy » 30 May 2018 16:19

I hear ya - same over here, got a little derailed but things are getting back to normal. Best of luck getting back on track!

Also, just a little thing I picked up from your last entry...

Stupidly, I get really giddy with excitement.

How about manifesting a person from my past and ask them a question? (Stupid me.)

don't be so hard on yourself ;)

we all do silly things, that's just a part of life. Fail your way to success, that's my motto :P
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 31 May 2018 14:11

jimmy wrote:Also, just a little thing I picked up from your last entry...

don't be so hard on yourself ;)

we all do silly things, that's just a part of life. Fail your way to success, that's my motto :P

I'm trying not to be - I swear! :D
Getting back into the lucid dreaming habit has taken me some days - now it seems I'm back to normal. Still got a problem with going to sleep and too much media consumption (for numbing purposes). But I'm getting there.
I will try to make some art today based on one of my lucid dreams - I want to update my profile picture.
Jimmy - where does your profile pic come from?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 01 Jun 2018 10:44

So, I painted the scene with the blue cat which once made me realize I'm dreaming. I think I will make more art to illustrate my (lucid) dreams because this was fun.
Does anybody know how it works to add pictures to forum entries?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 14 Jun 2018 07:13

LucidCat wrote:Once again - this is more a post to myself.
In the last days some bullshit happened in my life that threw me off the track.
To make this official - I am going to get enough sleep, write in my dream journal, do reality questioning, meditation and physical exercise regularly again.

Update: I'm still operating under exceptional circumstances and therefore not able to focus all that well. Right now, I only do as much as I can bring myself to and that's alright.
(my dream recall was pretty neat in the last days, though)

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 21 Jun 2018 09:16

heya, sorry it's been a while, also had a lot going on....

just in belated response to your question -
where does your profile pic come from?

it is gleep and gloop, from an old cartoon called the Herculoids :D
was something that stuck in my memory, thought they looked pretty cool (although haven't seen the cartoon since I was a kid)

as for how to embed pictures, I managed to do it by uploading it to my website and then linking it from there, so that is one option...

awesome painting by the way!

hope you're getting back on track
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 04 Jul 2018 22:38

jimmy wrote:it is gleep and gloop, from an old cartoon called the Herculoids :D
was something that stuck in my memory, thought they looked pretty cool (although haven't seen the cartoon since I was a kid)
as for how to embed pictures, I managed to do it by uploading it to my website and then linking it from there, so that is one option...
awesome painting by the way!
hope you're getting back on track

Jimmy,
Thank you...
- for filling up the pop culture holes in my brain
- for your advice on embedding pictures
- and for your encouraging support

I think I'm getting there, slowly, but surely -

Being more active here is a start.

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 21 Jul 2018 14:33

Now, after exactly two months of nothing I got over my dry spell.
In the last week, I was taking reality questioning a little more seriously, I also wrote down quite some dreams. I've been keeping up with physical exercise as well. Last night before bedtime I ate some cheese, took some magnesium because of a cramp I had and drank some valerian/passion-flower tea. I went to bed at 01:30 am. In bed, I kind of half-assedly used the mantra: "I will fall asleep now and in my dream I'll realize I'm dreaming."
Turns out my brain had taken that very seriously. In my first REM-cycle I became lucid. Not much later, I woke up and wrote down what I could.
My description of the dream will be a little more vague this time, because I happened to do a lot of stuff but I can't remember the chronology, nor can I remember what I was dreaming before. Maybe my attempt to write it down properly now will make it clearer.

13th Lucid Dream on July 21st 2018

I don't even remember how exactly I became lucid in the first place.

It has something to do with a little emerald green notebook, something that is weird about it. Maybe it has appeared out of nowhere, or it reminds me of my dream journal.

I woke up for a second and thought to myself: "I'll fall asleep and do this again!"

So, here I am again, in a room with white walls inside of an apparently abandoned house. I remember the green notebook, that I had to do something with it - but I think I'm not aware yet that I'm dreaming. While looking for the book, it manifests itself in my hands and I realize again that I'm dreaming. I also am pleasantly surprised that I'm in almost full control of myself. On the other hand my memories of my waking life are not really present in my mind. I certainly know I'm dreaming, though.

There seems to be nothing interesting inside of the house, so I go outside. There, I am simply walking around looking at the landscape with mild amazement. The weather is beautiful with a blue sky and small clouds. I try to look at everything attentively so I wouldn't miss any details, without staring at one thing for too long, as I'm well aware that this could make me wake up. I want to remember as much as possible later.
The landscape looks middle-european, there are meadows, and there's a little lake with a tiny island on it. On the island there is a white tower with a black roof. On a field I see a weird hill-shaped 'building' with a door but without windows. For some reason I call it "Prison Island" in my mind.

I return to the white house. It is surrounded by an old ornate wraught-iron fence with a door. I enter the garden, where everything grows wildly. Behind the house I find round wooden panels with eyes painted on them. I think to myself: "So, as I am dreaming, I should be able to make those eyes wink just by will power." It doesn't work. I try to manifest a book in my hands by closing my eyes and opening them again. It does work - there is the green notebook again. I flip through the pages for a moment - they are blank.

I go back into the house, where I remember that I need to remind myself that I'm dreaming in order to stay lucid as long as possible. So, I decide to do some reality checks. I try to morph my finger by stretching it - it doesn't work. Then I do a more familiar test - I successfully push my finger through my palm, which makes me very happy for some reason.
In the hallway I find two people sitting on the ground. It's an elderly couple dressed in colorful clothes, they have backpacks with them. The woman says: "Don't be scared, we just moved in!" I answer: "No problem, I just moved in as well." And I go do something else, what - I don't remember.

I think I lost awareness soon after that, because I hardly recall anything.
In lucid dreams, I seem to be kind of shy towards DC's. That's a pity, because now I'm wondering what a conversation with those two people would have turned out to be.

CARPE NOCTEM

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 26 Jul 2018 07:20

Congrats on breaking the dry spell. I enjoyed reading it. Sounded like a fascinating place. Good job trying to remember the details. Dream places are always so fascinating just to look around at. Nice how you were able to summon the note book by closing your eyes and opening them again. I enjoy pushing my finger through my hand as well. It's weird and fun and no way to deny you are dreaming when you do that. Does your flesh feel like soft rubber when you push through it? That's kind of how I think it feels. Sometimes weird things will happen for me too like the skin on the back of my hand stretching upwards as I push my finger through and then pops through it lol.

There have been periods where I have had trouble staying lucid because of forgetting that I was dreaming. During those times I started repeating "This is a dream" so I wouldn't forget and it seemed to work. Sometimes I shouted it really loud and discovered shouting can have interesting effects. You should try shouting really loud sometime if you haven't. Your voice can be very powerful in a dream when you shout.

I had a short but sweet lucid Monday night. The first one since actively working on inducing them again. I didn't have much recall last night though. I started journaling again. Really want to try and increase my recall as much as I can. I've though about making another online journal. But for now I'm just writing in my note book.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 27 Jul 2018 06:41

Solaris_142 wrote: Does your flesh feel like soft rubber when you push through it?

Actually, when I do that, the hand that I'm pushing through doesn't feel solid, more like a ghost hand. It's a dizzying but very vague sensation, and visually it's more like a hologram of my hands overlapping.

Solaris_142 wrote:
During those times I started repeating "This is a dream" so I wouldn't forget and it seemed to work. Sometimes I shouted it really loud and discovered shouting can have interesting effects. You should try shouting really loud sometime if you haven't. Your voice can be very powerful in a dream when you shout.

Oh yes - I really need to get loud at some point. I've never done that, so I'm quite curious how it might end up.

Solaris_142 wrote:
I had a short but sweet lucid Monday night. The first one since actively working on inducing them again. I didn't have much recall last night though. I started journaling again. Really want to try and increase my recall as much as I can. I've though about making another online journal. But for now I'm just writing in my note book.

I wish you a lot of success doing that!
For me, when it comes to dream journalling - laziness is my biggest enemy.

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 30 Jul 2018 19:11

14th Lucid Dream on July 29th 2018
I had one or several short moments of lucidity on the early Sunday morning. Unfortunately I don't remember well what exactly happened. I had set my alarm earlier to get a chance to WBTB. My dream recall when waking up was lousy, and I was really tired and sleepy. I went to the bathroom, came back and just decided to meditate a little in bed.
Using my usual mantra: "I will fall asleep and in my dream I'll realize I'm dreaming".
I fell asleep... had a short dream about getting varices... woke up again... and being somnolent I visualized (not only visually - I created the feeling of exceleration and falling in my head) myself being on a roller coaster with the INTENT of getting lucid. So a roller coaster dream formed around me and I knew it was just a dream, because I didn't panic (I truly fear roller coasters in real life)... it didn't take long until I lost lucidity, though.

What strikes me about this is the discrepancy of being both half-asleep/foggy in the brain and clear-minded/intentful.

CARPE NOCTEM

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”