LucidCats LucidDreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 207
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby Solaris_142 » 31 Jul 2018 15:53

Sounds kind of like a VILD but with adding the sensation of it. Nice technique. I occasionally get rollercoaster dreams. Reading that reminded me of a rollercoaster dream I had that I got lucid on. My most reliable dreamsign that gets me lucid almost every time is getting airborne. Since I'm very familiar with the feeling of flying in dreams once I get enough air I almost always recognize it as a dream. And as mentioned before when I'm actively trying to induce lucidity my mind will try and help me out by creating a dream in which I get big air. Basically throwing me into the air to get me lucid lol. And it's kind of strange how that will only happen if I'm really trying to induce a lucid. I don't get those kind of dreams randomly.

You reminded me of a crazy coaster dream I had where my coaster car jumped the tracks and went flying And I got lucid instantly.

Did you ever see the Final Destination movie where the big accident at the beginning was on the rollercoaster? That was scary. That could incubate rollercoaster nightmares for sure.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 149
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 02 Aug 2018 08:08

Solaris_142 wrote:Sounds kind of like a VILD but with adding the sensation of it. (...)

You reminded me of a crazy coaster dream I had where my coaster car jumped the tracks and went flying And I got lucid instantly.
(...)
Did you ever see the Final Destination movie where the big accident at the beginning was on the rollercoaster? That was scary. That could incubate rollercoaster nightmares for sure.

Yes, I was thinking of VILD, too. Even though I wasn't thinking of anything while actually doing it.
I haven't seen Final Destination yet - so no rollercoaster nightmares :D.
Speaking of dream signs. My critical mind seems to be improving. This morning I had a lucid dream, and even though it was very shortlived, I am really satisfied about how I got to notice I'm dreaming.

15th Lucid Dream on August 2nd 2018
I am going for a walk in a rural area, alongside of an old brickstone wall. Then I decide to turn around because I want to go home. Now I'm walking besides a road, where some nice, soft lawn grows. I feel the soft ground under my feet and I'm thinking that it is perfect for running. First I'm just jogging lightly and it feels refreshing and easy... A little bit too easy! And it comes to my mind, that usually I have a really hard time running, my stamina normally sucks, and that my legs are way heavier. My next thought is, that only in my dreams I can run with such ease. I want to test it - I'm running faster now and it's no problem - it feels so great! I start sprinting uphill and it's almost like flying, so easy! In this moment I am sure that I'm dreaming.
And I woke up.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 207
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Aug 2018 17:19

LucidCat wrote:
Solaris_142 wrote:Sounds kind of like a VILD but with adding the sensation of it. (...)

You reminded me of a crazy coaster dream I had where my coaster car jumped the tracks and went flying And I got lucid instantly.
(...)
Did you ever see the Final Destination movie where the big accident at the beginning was on the rollercoaster? That was scary. That could incubate rollercoaster nightmares for sure.

Yes, I was thinking of VILD, too. Even though I wasn't thinking of anything while actually doing it.
I haven't seen Final Destination yet - so no rollercoaster nightmares :D.
Speaking of dream signs. My critical mind seems to be improving. This morning I had a lucid dream, and even though it was very shortlived, I am really satisfied about how I got to notice I'm dreaming.

15th Lucid Dream on August 2nd 2018
I am going for a walk in a rural area, alongside of an old brickstone wall. Then I decide to turn around because I want to go home. Now I'm walking besides a road, where some nice, soft lawn grows. I feel the soft ground under my feet and I'm thinking that it is perfect for running. First I'm just jogging lightly and it feels refreshing and easy... A little bit too easy! And it comes to my mind, that usually I have a really hard time running, my stamina normally sucks, and that my legs are way heavier. My next thought is, that only in my dreams I can run with such ease. I want to test it - I'm running faster now and it's no problem - it feels so great! I start sprinting uphill and it's almost like flying, so easy! In this moment I am sure that I'm dreaming.
And I woke up.


Nice one. I love fast running in dreams. I have a thing for motion, parkour, agility, acrobatics. It often carries over into my non lucid dreams too and I just go nuts with a burst of energy running climbing doing flips over and off of everything lol. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero because of the acrobatic agility.

Yeah the more you are practicing inducing lucidity the easier it gets to recognize you are in a dream. The more you are lucid in your dreams the more used to the feeling of it you get. Congrats!
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 149
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 10 Sep 2018 19:36

It's been a while. I'll be moving to a new home soon so I've been rather busy - however I have continued with my lucid dreaming practices.
Also, I got me some support from a known lucid dreaming coach. I had asked him for some advice on how to get into a consistent routine in both my private and work life and I got some elaborate input.
Here's what I've been doing ever since:
- I wake up every morning at 5:30 am (no snooze button!) and write down my dreams - the result of this has been consistent dream recall.
- I go to bed at 9:30 pm (to be honest - I don't always do that, but when I actually do it my sleep and dream recall are really good)
- I try to work out 3 times per week (that last week though... -.-)
- I integrated reality checks in my working life: text morphing test when I change the room (additional nose pinch if I am alone); questioning reality when feeling strong emotions like stress, frustration, joy etc. - it's not that I always do it but I don't forget about it either
- for simplicity I question reality quite the same way at home, but also related to my dream signs

I've had a lucid dream 10 days ago - I'll write it down in a second...
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 149
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 10 Sep 2018 20:25

Solaris_142 wrote:
LucidCat wrote:
Solaris_142 wrote:Yeah the more you are practicing inducing lucidity the easier it gets to recognize you are in a dream. The more you are lucid in your dreams the more used to the feeling of it you get. Congrats!

Thank you, Solaris!

16th and 17th Lucid Dream on August 30th 2018
It happened after I woke up from a throat pain in the middle of the night. I went downstairs to take a pain killer - went upstairs again. Was chatting online with my boyfriend who lives 10.000 km away from me now. And then I went to bed again. I was thinking... this is a classic WBTB situation - so I have a bigger chance to become lucid. I don't know anymore if I did anything more to induce a lucid dream - I might have just fallen asleep with the intent to have one.
At some point I find myself in the hallway of my place, doing the nose pinch test - it is positive! Everything gets blurry, so I rub my hands together - no result. Then I start spinning rapidly - and I can't stop spinning. Everything turns black... and on the black surface geometric patterns appear - hypagnogia - as I realize at the moment.

I woke up. And fell asleep again.

In my dream I walk downstairs into the kitchen. I have just gotten out of bed. I look outside the window and I realize the landscape looks different. There is a tiny gravel walk seamed by a few houses with thatched roofs, and some hay bales on the meadow. "What? I'm dreaming AGAIN?", I say out loud, absolutely baffled by the accuracy of the kitchen interior in contrast with the surreal scenery out there.

Suddenly my brother is standing in the kitchen, looking 15 years younger than he is right now in real life.
I ask him: "Do you realize that I am dreaming?" His answer makes clear that he doesn't care.
I point outside the window and continue: "Look, the hay bales are flying! This is a dream!" He still doesn't seem to care.
"Check this out - I can fly! This is a dream!" And I levitate about 1m into the air.
My brother still seems very unimpressed. My clumsy landing doesn't make it better - I stumble a little bit but at least I don't fall over.

The ignorance of my brother makes me lose any interest in communicating with him, so I decide to go outside and check out what is there. At the terrace door I hesitate. "What if something dangerous awaits me?" I step outside anyway - and at the other side of the garden I see a white transporter with black tinted glass. I'm thinking: "Uh-oh, there the danger comes!" And surprise: A dude with a machine gun climbs out of the vehicle. For a second I want to run away but then I realize again that this is a dream and that nobody can harm me. As a result the dude lowered his gun. Feeling safe now, I turn around with the intention to explore the dream version of the garden...


I think I lost lucidity in that moment.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 207
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby Solaris_142 » 11 Sep 2018 17:25

Hello LucidCat!

I was wondering how you were doing. Good to see you are back and still working on lucidity. Congrats on the new place. Understandable that the process of moving would take up much of your time.

I agree that staying aware while at work is definitely a good thing for lucidity. But also a challenge. I often lose awareness while interacting with people. I feel like the better I am at maintaining awareness during those kinds of time the greater chances of lucidity. When you think about it in a dream there is at most times some kind of drama, interactions, or action taking place. Very distracting to the mind when you a deeply involved with something. It's no wonder it can be such a challenge to make yourself stop and wonder if you are dreaming in a dream because you are so focused on what is going on in the dream at the time.


I enjoyed reading your dream. I can totally relate to the experience of trying to convince your brother it's a dream and showing him flying and what not. I've done the same thing so many times. :) Sometimes I am able to convince people in the dream that it's a dream . And that can be fun too when the DC's also know it. And sometimes I like to try freaking out DC's by doing something bizarre. And can sometimes be disappointed at their lack of satisfying reaction to my antics.

Congrats on staying calm when the gun was pulled on you. Definitely true that all it takes to overcome a scary situation is to not be afraid of it. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 149
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby LucidCat » 14 Sep 2018 06:54

Solaris_142 wrote:Hello LucidCat!

I was wondering how you were doing. Good to see you are back and still working on lucidity. Congrats on the new place. Understandable that the process of moving would take up much of your time.

I agree that staying aware while at work is definitely a good thing for lucidity. But also a challenge. I often lose awareness while interacting with people. I feel like the better I am at maintaining awareness during those kinds of time the greater chances of lucidity. When you think about it in a dream there is at most times some kind of drama, interactions, or action taking place. Very distracting to the mind when you a deeply involved with something. It's no wonder it can be such a challenge to make yourself stop and wonder if you are dreaming in a dream because you are so focused on what is going on in the dream at the time.


I enjoyed reading your dream. I can totally relate to the experience of trying to convince your brother it's a dream and showing him flying and what not. I've done the same thing so many times. :) Sometimes I am able to convince people in the dream that it's a dream . And that can be fun too when the DC's also know it. And sometimes I like to try freaking out DC's by doing something bizarre. And can sometimes be disappointed at their lack of satisfying reaction to my antics.

Congrats on staying calm when the gun was pulled on you. Definitely true that all it takes to overcome a scary situation is to not be afraid of it. :)


Thank you Solaris!
I agree with you - it's really tough to maintain awareness in daily life's hubbub. My job requires being focused on clients, giving them the maximum of my attention - there is simply no room for constantly asking myself if I'm dreaming. So - I had to find a compromise that wouldn't affect my work with the people - that's why I now integrated stuff in the in-between-times, when changing room or location (I do a lot of house visits - so those are good occations for reality checks). A positive effect I've noticed is that I now observe my emotions and I get more conscious about negative stress, and I actually take the time to step back and reflect on what's going on.

On the weekend (which is gonna be rainy) I will make me a cup of tea and catch up on what's been going on in the forum - I'm curious to see how you and other members have been progressing.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Lucky888
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Sep 2018 07:23

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby Lucky888 » 14 Sep 2018 18:39

Hey guys just putting something out there as I have been Lucid Dreaming for a long while now but had a great experience a few days ago.

Woke from an aware Lucid Dream where it was totally vivid and a great experience. Then after gettitng up for a bit decided I would continue to relax and went back to another Lucid Dream! This one lasted longer and eventually I woke due to getting into an Elevator (something that I find can end lucid dreams for me).

However I really cant remember having such vivid and amazing "Back to Back" lucid dreams?? Like I said I am a seasoned Lucid Dreamer and very capable at this but has anyone else had this Lucid Experience straight after another Lucid Dream?

Curious to here?? Anyways really enjoyed reading your post LucidCat, Meditation and staying calm with the move will definately help your Lucidity.

Stay Lucky and Enjoy the Lucid Life!!


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests