A summary of my experience

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
T-GR

A summary of my experience

Postby T-GR » 26 Feb 2018 23:35

In the first lucid dream experience I had, I didn't have control of the dream, I was just aware of it, but what I found remarkable was that the lucid dream happened within a false awakening. Ironically I wasn't aware of the false awakening, so I'm not even sure if it qualifies. Nevertheless, when I realised what had happened, I was overwhelmed as this was the first time I had such an experience and happened only a few days after I started reading about lucid dreaming.

Having said that, I 've found that I'm much more likely to have a lucid dream when I start getting new information, usually from books and get excited from the new stuff I learn. I 'm not sure I quite get the common techniques yet, like MILD and WILD. When they're put in practice, there seems to be a very fine line between keeping your mind too active to fall asleep or too relaxed to concentrate and maintain lucidity.

The other instance when I'm very likely to have a lucid dream, is when I have the chance to sleep in a different room, like in a hotel or back home at my parents'. In one such occasion I had two lucid dreams in one night which was very exciting; and there was this other time where I was lucid but wasn't dreaming. There was just darkness and peace and felt like I was floating. It was strange but not scary. In more recent dreams, I try to talk to characters when I see them but usually the dream collapses after a few seconds before there is a chance for any meaningful conversation - or none that I manage to remember in the morning. I would note however, that last weekend I had a brief lucid dream in which I mentioned to the characters (there were just two of them) "I think you are parts of myself" and they said "we think so too". That made me smile.

One last thing I would like to mention for now, is that since I read a book on astral projection, almost all my lucid dreams begin with a sensation of levitating from the bed and being able to fly with ease, just by thinking about it (the first times worried me a bit because it was like getting separated from my body and even felt that ringing that seems to be common when an astral projection begins; but later I understood it had to be a dream and if I'm honest I'm not convinced that astral projection is real - no offence to people with different views of course!). Usually the scenery reminds me of my room at my parents' house and then I float outside, even through walls and fly over the neighborhood, before the landscape starts to change and doesn't really remind me of my hometown any more.

Well, that's it for now, it was a bit long but I hope it was of some interest! I'm trying to increase the success rate in achieving lucidity, as it is a rare occasion at the moment.

DawnXEye11

Re: A summary of my experience

Postby DawnXEye11 » 28 Feb 2018 04:34

:D It's great that you managed to achieve lucidity after only a few days and that your having experiences that bring you joy. Reading about lucid dreaming or reading journal Entries really does help. For WILD, I cant quite describe it either. But like you mentioned, you do have to fall asleep so being relaxed and comfortable is important. Its the staying aware part that can be tricky. I use to WILD, however it was once in a blue moon so I can't really help with advice. all I can recall myself doing is waiting to see images than watching a scene form...than feeling anchored into a scene. I doubt that will help much. I mostly Dild

Lol You testing AP, reminds me of when I use to do that too. Sometimes I get stable settings and other times it's like "That's not right" :lol: However, it's good that you experimented and its alright to come up with that conclusion.

i hope your quest for more lucids goes well~Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with lucid dreaming. : )
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 01 Mar 2018 00:34

Thanks for your reply and comments!

To be honest though I didn’t really experiment with AP, I may have tried the rope technique a couple of times but not before bed and without results. But I just think that reading about it may have affected the way I dream which is a nice bonus, no matter whether I believe it can happen or not:)

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 01 Mar 2018 19:12

T-GR wrote:Thanks for your reply and comments!

To be honest though I didn’t really experiment with AP, I may have tried the rope technique a couple of times but not before bed and without results.

No problem. ^w^ What is the rope technique? Haven't heard of that one i think.

T-GR wrote:But I just think that reading about it may have affected the way I dream which is a nice bonus, no matter whether I believe it can happen or not:)

Yeah, that's a great way to look at it. : D
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 01 Mar 2018 22:09

What is the rope technique? Haven't heard of that one i think.

Just the way I call it for short. A brief description from memory is below (to me of course it's only theoretical but if you do it, I'd like to hear your experience).

You lie down on your back and once you've relaxed you visualise a vertical rope from your chest, fixed to the ceiling. You then think of yourself grabbing the rope and slowly pulling yourself up. As you start pulling the rope you visualise that you're lifting yourself, you can "see" the ceiling coming closer and "looking" around you, you see everything from a higher level, even your body below as you progress. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take but if it starts working, you should feel this ear-ringing that you're supposed to feel the moment your consciousness begins to separate from your body and if you keep it up, you'll have a full separation and you'll be off to the astral plane.

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 03 Mar 2018 01:00

T-GR wrote:
What is the rope technique? Haven't heard of that one i think.

Just the way I call it for short. A brief description from memory is below (to me of course it's only theoretical but if you do it, I'd like to hear your experience).

You lie down on your back and once you've relaxed you visualise a vertical rope from your chest, fixed to the ceiling. You then think of yourself grabbing the rope and slowly pulling yourself up. As you start pulling the rope you visualise that you're lifting yourself, you can "see" the ceiling coming closer and "looking" around you, you see everything from a higher level, even your body below as you progress. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take but if it starts working, you should feel this ear-ringing that you're supposed to feel the moment your consciousness begins to separate from your body and if you keep it up, you'll have a full separation and you'll be off to the astral plane.

That sounds like a interesting technique. Especially when you visualize it. I've actually heard the ringing noise before. Mostly it happened when i was getting sleepy so I wonder if this technique isn't just a Wild than projecting. I guess i could try it in a dream sometime. Don't see why that mindset would make a difference. People do obe in dreams too supposedly.

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 03 Mar 2018 01:32

Yeah, coincidentally I had this ringing noise last night and even felt like I was beginning to float. It just happened in the middle of the night. It’s happened two or three more times before and in my sleep it scares me a bit.

Regarding the technique, I think some would say that trying it from a lucid dream might actually give you much better chances; but then again I can’t help thinking, will it give you an AP or just make you dream of having an AP?

I guess there’s only one way to find out!

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 03 Mar 2018 06:04

T-GR wrote:Yeah, coincidentally I had this ringing noise last night and even felt like I was beginning to float. It just happened in the middle of the night. It’s happened two or three more times before and in my sleep it scares me a bit.

Regarding the technique, I think some would say that trying it from a lucid dream might actually give you much better chances; but then again I can’t help thinking, will it give you an AP or just make you dream of having an AP?

I guess there’s only one way to find out!

When it catches you off guard, i agree, it can be pretty scary. Perhaps its because we only experienced it a few times.

Haha That's true. I will try to ap again to see what occurs. But to be honest I'm uncomfortable with the thought of a person exiting their body without the dream part. ^^"

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 05 Mar 2018 00:43

I had an interesting night last week. At some point while sleeping I started feeling that I was getting lifted off my bed, like floating upwards but no particular imagery. It was mostly dark. I remember getting a sense of going through the roof though but then almost woke up. I quickly got drifted back to sleep and started feeling it again, this time with ringing in my ears, which woke me up properly.

After that I fell asleep again and woke up again around sunrise. I didn't get up but because it was too early for work and was still feeling like I could snooze for a while. Then it was as if I found myself back at my parents' place looking at myself in the mirror. It was a quite realistic scenery (for a sleeping mind anyway) but I did notice that my image in the mirror wasn't quite as I was expecting it, something wrong with the facial hair. So I thought it could be a dream and did a reality check, tried to see if I could pass my right hand through the left one. It's one of the reality checks I've been doing lately, together with counting fingers and pinching my nose.

However, not only the reality check didn't show anything odd, I even felt the pressure against my hands! But I was still suspicious and tried blocking my breath by pinching my nose. When I saw I could breath, I was sure I was dreaming and ran to the balcony, so I could fly around. I even ran past my father, telling him I would go out for a flight. But the dream was already feeling to attached to every day experience; I felt like I had to walk and move normally and when I was out, I was reluctant to jump, and the street below looked very solid. I thought maybe I could just try to levitate myself from where I was, but that didn't work. Probably because I had already convinced myself, even without realising, that Newton's laws would apply. On top of that, I forgot to try to stabilise the dream and at that point it began to fade away and I woke up, missing a great opportunity.

But it was something new and happened only two or three days after the last time I had a lucid dream, so let's hope I'll have more of those soon.

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 07 Mar 2018 01:28

T-GR wrote:I had an interesting night last week. At some point while sleeping I started feeling that I was getting lifted off my bed, like floating upwards but no particular imagery. It was mostly dark. I remember getting a sense of going through the roof though but then almost woke up. I quickly got drifted back to sleep and started feeling it again, this time with ringing in my ears, which woke me up properly.

After that I fell asleep again and woke up again around sunrise. I didn't get up but because it was too early for work and was still feeling like I could snooze for a while. Then it was as if I found myself back at my parents' place looking at myself in the mirror. It was a quite realistic scenery (for a sleeping mind anyway) but I did notice that my image in the mirror wasn't quite as I was expecting it, something wrong with the facial hair. So I thought it could be a dream and did a reality check, tried to see if I could pass my right hand through the left one. It's one of the reality checks I've been doing lately, together with counting fingers and pinching my nose.

However, not only the reality check didn't show anything odd, I even felt the pressure against my hands! But I was still suspicious and tried blocking my breath by pinching my nose. When I saw I could breath, I was sure I was dreaming and ran to the balcony, so I could fly around. I even ran past my father, telling him I would go out for a flight. But the dream was already feeling to attached to every day experience; I felt like I had to walk and move normally and when I was out, I was reluctant to jump, and the street below looked very solid. I thought maybe I could just try to levitate myself from where I was, but that didn't work. Probably because I had already convinced myself, even without realising, that Newton's laws would apply. On top of that, I forgot to try to stabilise the dream and at that point it began to fade away and I woke up, missing a great opportunity.

But it was something new and happened only two or three days after the last time I had a lucid dream, so let's hope I'll have more of those soon.

Congrats on another very cool experience ! :D Even if it wasn't AP, vivid dreams can be pretty memorable. I hope you get more of those too. Also, I know what you mean about the pressure feeling. Reminds me of when I layed down on a dream floor and it felt close enough to how the floor feels in WL. Its cause our mind is filling in our dream experience with WL experience I guess. When you begin to doubt it can tip you off but It is good to take precautions just in case you aren't dreaming. :lol: You did get a few signs but no worries, I've doubted myself too before.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”